Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

just an idea i have

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2011, 03:08 PM
z style

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default just an idea i have

Its been several years since i have picked up a nitro vehicle, since at the time when i was big into them i had a duratrax car and a savage 21 kit when it first came out. Now i dont have either but looking at getting a savage again. Just curious since i have seen they have developed and modififed the original if there are any bodies that would fit over the entire truck to make it almost like the baja 5t? My idea is to build a savage to look like a baja 5t where the wheels are actually in line with the body and are inside the body to give a cleaner look.

I have even tossed the idea around of building a body out of small alum/steel tubes and then hand form thin sheet metal to form a custom body to the idea i have. The whole idea would take quite some time to build just due to the time to design and fit the structure to the truck.

Jon
Old 04-14-2011, 04:23 PM
steed2-inactive

Default RE: just an idea i have

what about a traxxas slayer body?...just a thought
Old 04-15-2011, 08:56 AM
-SomeGuy-

Something like this?

http://www.hpiracing.co.jp/contents/...5t/index2.html
Old 04-15-2011, 07:31 PM
z style

I didnt even knew hpi was coming out with that. Thats exactly what i was thinking even trying to fit the baja body to a regular chassis.
Old 04-16-2011, 11:21 AM
rclugnut10
My Feedback: (1)

i don't know that you could get it around the wheels, because that is a 5T body and it barly coveres the 5T wheels and the X 4.6 is actually wider than the savage 5T...

the lug