Notices
RC Helicopter General Discussions Discuss RC Helis here. Nitro, gas, turbine and any make, model or brand not having its own specific forum below!

Bananahobby Experience

Old 08-09-2008, 10:59 AM
ffvdiaz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bananahobby Experience

Hey guys,

I have had really bad experiences with this store. I would not advise anyone to buy there. My first experience was in 2006 when I bought a Honeybee King 2, and the Airwolf kit. I also ordered some extra parts. The order came with several parts missing. It took me over four moths to get my missing parts from them. Recently I bought another helicopter from them and the same thing happened. When I wrote them and complained they actually wrote back and said they won't do businesss with me anymore. It appears you must accept what they send and not complain if it's wrong. Here is a copy of the exchange. Judge for yourself.

From Buyer: Felicity Diaz on 8/8/2008 16:31 PDT
Bananahobbies,
Once again you guys have sent my purchase with items missing. I bought a Main Gear set for $13.06 but only received the main gear (EK1-0539)and the oneway bearing (EK1-0510). The tail driven gear (EK1-0544) and the other items shown on the site were not included. Please arrange to have the items sent to me as soon as possible. Thank you.

From Seller: Banana Hobby on 8/8/2008 18:16 PDT
Hi there:
I responded to your email right after I received it from you this afternoon. We tried to reach you by phone, but the phone number you provided on your order was not valid. There was no time left to us to take care of this order for you. In this case, please send the entire order back to us, we will accept the chargeback. But from now on, we will refuse to do business with you. Thank you.

From Buyer: Felicity Diaz on 8/8/2008 22:11 PDT
You guys are a piece of WORK!!! You keep screwing up the orders and when I complain you have the nerve to tell me you won't do business with me in the future!! I have bought several products from you guys in the past and this is not the first time I had to complain. Everytime I order something it's either missing items or it's the wrong thing!! Am I to accept this kind of sloppy service????!!! This IS my last order here, trust me on that one!!! If your service sucks blame yourself not your customers!!!!!!! I wish I can send back all my purchases but you know what, you guys will probably screw up a return too. Have a good life. I don't need your charity.

I'm not buying anything from this store again!!!!!!!!!!! What do you guys think??

Old 08-09-2008, 03:59 PM
robtangie
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: Bananahobby Experience

With all due respect... How many times do you have to stick your hand in the fire before you realize it burns??? Ehirobo burned me once, and I will never order from them again.
Old 08-09-2008, 04:26 PM
46u
My Feedback: (3)

On more then one occasion I have had problems not only with online purchases but all so in person. If a person really want to stand up for there rights there are things they can do. Fill complaints with the BBB, Attorney Generals office, Internet Fraud commission, Federal Trade Commission and any where else you can. 90% of the time I have gotten satisfaction and many times even more. If you do not get satisfaction at least you will be taking up there time to answer the complaints or this will go on a permitted record. Most complaints can be sent on the internet. Make one complaint in words then go to the appropriate site and copy and past!
Old 08-09-2008, 10:38 PM
ffvdiaz

robtangie u are sooo right. I sure as hell let myself get burnt. I just couldn't believe the level of incompetence. At first I thought it was a simple mistake so I kinda let it slide. But the last two proves that they are a bunch of morons. Live and learn.
Old 09-25-2008, 10:26 PM
wake2ride

Pete with Banana Hobby says "Sweeeeeet", "Sweeeeeeet", "I've never opened this box", "Nice", "Very Nice", "Check it Out Guys", Really Nice Packaging", "looks nice", " beautiful" In every EDF Jet video on youtube! The Box Review video looks to be either in the basement or in a garage! Has any dealt with them lately? The planes do look nice though... The prices seem pretty good for a RTF's. The only thing now is there customer service? has anybody had any positive experiences or is Pete flying High? Are these guys affiliated with nitroplanes or are they buying their own containers from China?
Old 09-26-2008, 06:55 AM
falconcarbon

I just bought a Falcon 3D SE from them. The price was decent and it arrived fast. (I'm in Iraq) The only problem is that there was no manual in the box. There were a few light scratches on some of the anodized parts, but we'll see if the heli has any other problems when I take it out in a couple days.
Old 09-26-2008, 06:30 PM
BananaHobby

LOL. I am not flying high and unfortunately, I do not have the expenses to rent a furnished video studio. I do video in a specific area and I didn't think that the area where I bring to you reviews was a high priority. I shoot those videos on my own. With a tripod and I edit them. I say SWEET... CHECK THIS OUT... NICE..... BECAUSE I am excited about an item. Is this my job, it sure is. Further more it is my hobby. At the end of the day, I am still a pilot and RC enthusiast and will fly my own models because of my love for the hobby. As for customer service and support. There is no need to question that anymore as long as I am with this company. I personally take care of that area and although I am only one person, I am here to make a difference. As for the original author of this thread, if you look at his location, he is located in Trinidad and Tobago Islands. We and I have bent over backwards to complete his orders and his difficulties in not being able to get an item to run. Sometimes theres just not anything one can do to satisfy a customer. As for the futire of trusting in each and every purchase with Banana Hobby, I can assure you that I am not HIGH and I do my job with the best and highest level of professionalism and with customer satisfaction my number 1 priority.

Pete
Old 01-28-2010, 02:17 PM
LaserSVT

BS Pete. Your company still sucks and lies. Bunch of theives there and sell crap parts.... or the wrong parts.

BH should be shut down for good.
Old 04-16-2011, 07:28 PM
Ryan K.

I'm neutral...the post originated in 2008; ther must have been some upgrades to the company. A scammer cant survive on the net for long; people would complain to authorities and stuff.

Anyway im neutral on bananahobbies reliability until I purchase a jet from them in june.