Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Anyone have this happen??

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2011, 07:11 PM
Mustangman40
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone have this happen??

I ordered two new radios from Tower the other day and they are suppose to be here on Monday..
Well they sent me a Tower talk sale paper and it showed up today, all was good till I opened it up and seen the Futaba 6EX that I bought for my son, on sale for $239.97, They charged me $259.97 yesterday!
I was thinking no big deal, I will call the Monday and tell them to adjust my bill for the $20.00 +tax..
Then a little further in I see My radio, Futaba 7C on sale for $329.97, yep, they charged me $349.97 yesterday..

I haven’t talked to them yet and I am sure they will make it good on the price, but what if I didn’t ask for a Tower talk.. I would have had no idea about the cheaper price and would be out $40 +tax..
Just wondering if anyone has had this happen with Tower and did you have any problems having them fix it? I always like to support my LHS, but when I have a big purchase like that, the 3 pay is hard to pass up..lol
I will let you know what they say Monday…

Old 04-16-2011, 07:14 PM
MinnFlyer
My Feedback: (4)

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default RE: Anyone have this happen??

That's the nature of sales. If you go in the store and buy a loaf of bread and then see a coupon for it after you bring it home, it's not the stores fault that you didn't use the coupon.
Old 04-16-2011, 07:24 PM
Mustangman40

ORIGINAL: MinnFlyer

That's the nature of sales. If you go in the store and buy a loaf of bread and then see a coupon for it after you bring it home, it's not the stores fault that you didn't use the coupon.

That might be true if i had it at home and it was a coupon, but they haven't even delivered it yet... I would think that the sale price that showed up at my door today, was mailed the dayI ordered. So i don't see why they didn't charge mefor the sale price.. I'm sure they will make it right..

Old 04-16-2011, 09:24 PM
MikeL
My Feedback: (3)

It's no different than the Sunday ads. Any print publication has a lead-time. If you happen to come across it before its effective date, there's no obligation for anyone to sell it to you early for that price.

Tower has extremely variable pricing at times. Right now you can get that 7C for $300, if you apply the coupon code on their web page. If you want the best deals, you've got to do the work to get them.
Old 04-17-2011, 03:04 AM
AmishWarlord
My Feedback: (5)

Tower has always been bad about that. They have gotten a little better about it.

In the past you call in a order a item out of the catalog For $100 they charge you $100 even though that item has been listed in the tower talk at $85 for the last tree months so it's not like the item just came on sale.

I think they changed this but on the web page if you looked up an item they gave you catalog price, but if you looked for the item with the tower talk number you'd go to a different web page with the tower talk price! They'd actually make two different web pages with two different prices for the same product.
Old 04-17-2011, 06:00 AM
rcdude7
My Feedback: (264)

Mustang man, there was no mistake, tower plays really strange pricing games with the items they sell. there may be as many as 3 or 4 stock numbers for each of the radios you purchased and each stock number carries a different price, plus there are discount codes you can use to further reduce the price. But wait, there's more ...........if you bought each radio in a seperate order you can use a $30 discount code on each instead of just one discount on the entire purchase.

To get the best prices from tower you must play the games and figure this nonsence out. They will never just give you the lowest price of any of thier stock codes unless you ask for it specificly.

I could write many paragraphs on tower and thier pricing policies. They are certainly not bad to deal with as long as you understand how they operate.

This is a example of a discount code, you should use them to save $$

010CJ SAVE $30 on $229.90 ORDER
Applied during checkout process if this order qualifies
Old 04-17-2011, 06:13 AM
Mustangman40

Thanks for the info guys, i will be sure to do my homework with them when i buy stuff.. I did use the $30 dollar code and it worked no problem, I guess I didn't even think about splitting the order and using two $30 dollar off codes. But hey, they gotta eat too..

Old 04-17-2011, 07:56 AM
Dsegal

Several years ago I bought a Futaba radio system from Tower. A week or so after it arrived I saw an ad in a new issue of a magazine witha lower price. So I called Customer Service and they gave my account a credit for the difference in price. I thought that was fair.
Old 04-17-2011, 10:43 AM
AmishWarlord

...and this mess is just for Tower's pricing. Wait till you throw Omni Models in the mix. They are the same company as Tower just with Free shipping and different sales. LOL

I have Tower about figured out after 20 years. I'm just starting to learn the ropes with Hobby King.

Prop nut and Battery in one order
Total $32

Prop nut $2 with $3 shipping $5
Battery $15 with $5 shipping $20
Total $25

$7 more for the combined order!

I forgive them though becuse just the battery alone at Tower is $120
Old 04-17-2011, 12:45 PM
ira d

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I have noticed in the last couple of years or so many companies from fast food to dept stores have become more creative in ways to get your money and
it seems many stores will take more of a chance of loosing a cust over a few bucks than in the past.
Old 04-17-2011, 01:23 PM
AmishWarlord

Rule 1 "Get them to fill out a survey"

Rule 2 "Don't leave money on the table"
Old 04-17-2011, 04:25 PM
moe7404

in Kansas if you sign a contract to buy somthing, with in 3 days you can cancel the deal by wrighting canceled across the face of it and send it back. not many people know that.
Old 04-18-2011, 06:43 AM
Mustangman40

Tower took care of it, no questions asked.. I guess i will always check prices in all their catalogs to make sure I am getting the best deal...
Old 04-18-2011, 07:36 AM
daven

with hobby king, many times if you are looking at an item for a period of time, a window will pop, lowering the pricing...

I was looking at those Orange RX receivers with the price at $39, after a couple minutes a new window pops up saying we noticed you were interested in these RX's, how about $29.99. Sucked me in for 3 of them...
Old 04-19-2011, 03:13 AM
MinnFlyer
My Feedback: (4)

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

The problem with HK is that if you have a problem, you might as well go into your basement and talk to a cinderblock wall about it. You'll get about the same response