Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

New Hitec Aurora 9-Channel 2.4Ghz Radio System

Old 04-07-2011, 04:25 PM
Zor
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: New Hitec Aurora 9-Channel 2.4Ghz Radio System

ORIGINAL: MikeMayberry

Did you guys vote? http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_10447981/tm.htm

Mike.
Mike,

If you look at the results, most % showin are wrong.
Someone needs a new calculator ___LOL.

Zor
Old 04-07-2011, 05:53 PM
Michel

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi

Hey,.................................. those poll counters must of went to the same school I went to . Wish they would put out a poll to see who gives a rats *****

Michel
Old 04-11-2011, 12:13 PM
Wayne Miller

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi,

I contacted Tower Hobby and they are is accepting back-orders now for the Aurora Spectra Pro 72MHz PLL Module. The part number for the module that is currently on their web site is LXYWM1. The price is $59.99

From Hitec rep's postings, the module should be available the end of April. Also Tower's backorder information states it will be available the end of April, so I placed an order.

Hopefully the information is correct and it will be out the end of April.

I thought I'd let you know incase anyone else is interested.

Fly4Fun,

Wayne

Old 04-11-2011, 06:29 PM
A.T.

ORIGINAL: Wayne Miller Hi, I contacted Tower Hobby and they are is accepting back-orders now for the Aurora Spectra Pro 72MHz PLL Module. The part number for the module that is currently on their web site is LXYWM1. The price is $59.99
From Hitec rep's postings, the module should be available the end of April. Also Tower's backorder information states it will be available the end of April, so I placed an order. Hopefully the information is correct and it will be out the end of April.
I thought I'd let you know incase anyone else is interested. Fly4Fun, Wayne
Could always get one earlier complete with a 2nd Aurora for training/back up....<g></g>
This as the Aurora is now available as TX with a 72 Spectra Pro module and Freedom 9 Sythesised RX only. The "IDSet up Module" included for the 9SRX is detailed & additional 9S pictorial manual at:
Hitec - Synthesised HSD-09RQ (Freedom 9S) Manual and set-up <dt>
The 72 Spectra Pro module manual, as lodged with FCC,
Spectra Pro 72MHz PPM/QPCM Module - Manual - & Pictures - ETA stores end April 2011.)
under range test:
"Warning!
- Do the range check before each flying session to confirm the
radio system is working properly.
- Do the range check before the engine or motor is started."

may have been amended otherwise suggest amend to read:
- Do the range check with the engine or motor running and whilst cycled up <> down
or add
"and repeat with Engine/Motor running which will highlight any vibration/electrical problems"
see also:Aurora 9 Range Test Procedure .5 g)

Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links

</dt>
Old 04-11-2011, 06:42 PM
Lokihaus
My Feedback: (8)

Well thank you RCU members and people of this particular forum. I was the proud owner of a Futaba 72 Mhz transmitter for gosh, 15+ years. For many months I had been trolling the forums and looking at tons of models (thinking I would stick with Futaba). Well, turns out the A9 fit my bill so I picked one up. I purchased it before April 1st too, so I got a free receiver! yay!

-michael
Old 04-12-2011, 07:26 PM
boothg-3

what transmitters are compatible as buddy boxes with the A9 other than another A9
Old 04-13-2011, 04:58 AM
propstryker
My Feedback: (2)

Me too
Old 04-17-2011, 12:49 PM
A.T.

Spectra 2.4GHz Module Firmware Version 3.01 - Released April, 18th, 2011
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Pn37456.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	44.4 KB
ID:	1595137  
Old 04-17-2011, 05:34 PM
brenthampton79

well the more I use the a9 the more I love it, its so intuitive to use and I just keep removing my futaba 2.4 rx's and selling them on ebay haha.

However I have a question though for the experts about the new spectra module update and the new scanning deal. Question is that now with this update do you always leave it in scan mode now and not use the normal mode?
Old 04-17-2011, 07:54 PM
A.T.

ORIGINAL: brenthampton79 well the more I use the a9 the more I love it, its so intuitive to use and I just keep removing my futaba 2.4 rx's and selling them on ebay haha. However I have a question though for the experts about the new spectra module update and the new scanning deal. Question is that now with this update do you always leave it in scan mode now and not use the normal mode?
The operative wording isScan "Function” rather than Scan mode.
as in existing tip: AFHSS - How To Select Optimum Channels - For Your Field

extract from new manual is attached, suggest AFHSS users download and read both new manuals post #3482 above.

Addendum Spectra 2.4 manual:
"Range Check Function"
=====================================
"Warning!"
- Before each flying session to confirm the radio system is working properly.
- Before the engine or motor is started, turn on the system as explained above"
Make sure all the servos and control surfaces are working properly.
If any control surface is not moving properly, do not attempt to fly the aircraft until the problem is solved.

insert
"- Do the range check with the engine or motor running and whilst cycled up <> down which will highlight any vibration/electrical problems"

- If you are unable to accomplish a successful range check of 30 meters or 100 feet
DO NOT ATTEMPT TO FLY,
=========================================

see also:
Aurora 9 Range Test Procedure .5 g)

20Apr11 added:
"New "smart scan" is basically an easier way of picking a new set of channels per your environment other than going into scan mode and then back to normal mode which is what is recommended to use. Scan mode was nice that it picked a new set of channels each time, but really unnecessary and some of the downfalls with having to cycle power on the both the TX and RX made it inconvenient. First of all note that the Hitec team has never done the scan mode to normal mode trick as we use the same channels picked by normal mode and have flown at all the major events with zero issues. The only time I would suggest you use the scan function is if you need to avoid another device or if somehow you are having problems at a specific field.
Linking telemetry and non-telemetry Rx's... the technology requires a different binding method. When binding the Optima (telemetry) RX's you would utilize the same exact procedure that you are familiar with, but with the new Minima RX's, you must push the link button again to get the blue light flashing. - Mike"

Alan T.

Name:	Pn35977.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	195.4 KB
ID:	1595491   Click image for larger version

Name:	Je10177.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	104.8 KB
ID:	1595492  
Old 04-18-2011, 03:35 AM
brenthampton79

so does this take the normal and scan mode away and always stay in the scan function where it always scans before you fly, I read the manual but I am still confused about how it works and what it does. I am guessing that it stays in the scan function and searches for the cleanest frequencies evertime you power it up correct me if im wrond though
Old 04-18-2011, 12:46 PM
A.T.

ORIGINAL: boothg-3 what transmitters are compatible as buddy boxes with the A9 other than another A9
Answered:
Aurora 9 - Trainer / Buddy system Master & Slave function Set-up. & Data Transfer A9<>A9.

ex Hitec USA Support Forum Sticky:
Aurora 9, Spectra Modules & Optima Transceivers - FAQ & Undocumented Features
- Mixes, Setups,Tips. {Individual Links often updated}

Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links
Old 04-18-2011, 01:01 PM
A.T.

ORIGINAL: brenthampton79 so does this take the normal and scan mode away and always stay in the scan function where it always scans before you fly, I read the manual but I am still confused about how it works and what it does. I am guessing that it stays in the scan function and searches for the cleanest frequencies evertime you power it up correct me if im wrond though
Please refer to the link provided post 3484 and header at top of the attachment..
The Aurora is used in Normal mode for everyday flying. Only in a very noisy environment would some users havetested with Scan Mode and then changed back to Normal mode for use.
Amendment to "Scan Function"makes intention clearer and easier to followpictorial instructions.

20Apr11 from elsewhere,an expanded answer:
"New "smart scan" is basically an easier way of picking a new set of channels per your environment other than going into scan mode and then back to normal mode which is what is recommended to use. Scan mode was nice that it picked a new set of channels each time, but really unnecessary and some of the downfalls with having to cycle power on the both the TX and RX made it inconvenient. First of all note that the Hitec team has never done the scan mode to normal mode trick as we use the same channels picked by normal mode and have flown at all the major events with zero issues. The only time I would suggest you use the scan function is if you need to avoid another device or if somehow you are having problems at a specific field.
Linking telemetry and non-telemetry Rx's... the technology requires a different binding method. When binding the Optima (telemetry) RX's you would utilize the same exact procedure that you are familiar with, but with the new Minima RX's, you must push the link button again to get the blue light flashing. - Mike"

Alan T.
Old 04-18-2011, 02:35 PM
Wayne Miller

Hi,

I'm having problems printing the links in post 3482 and 3284, is anyone else having the same problem?

Thanks for your help.

Fly4Fun,

Wayne
Old 04-18-2011, 06:30 PM
bgw45
My Feedback: (1)

links work for me..
Old 04-18-2011, 07:20 PM
Wayne Miller

Hi,

I can go to the following links in post 3482:

Spectra 2.4GHz Module Firmware Version 3.01 - manual
Hitec 2.4GHZ Receiver V3.0- manual

I set the print orientation to landscape, but I can not seem to print the second page of either one.

Do yours print OK?

Thanks for your help.

Fly4Fun,

Wayne
Old 04-19-2011, 02:56 AM
A.T.

ORIGINAL: Wayne Millern Hi, I can go to the following links in post 3482:
I set the print orientation to landscape, but I can not seem to print the second page of either one.
Do yours print OK? Thanks for your help. Fly4Fun, Wayne
Pictorial .pdf are large files whichsome printers do take a long time to process.

Refer addendum to Spectra V3.0 manual and betterpictures of page 2now attached post 3484 above.

Picture page 2 of new receiver manual V1 covering both the Optimna &Minima series is attached this post.
( enlarge to maximumby clicking blue? icon which appears when cursor is moved around bottom right corner of full sizepicture,)
right click and save to desktop, printer should then be able to print the smaller amount of data.

Alan T.

Name:	Tr49224.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	164.6 KB
ID:	1596098  
Old 04-19-2011, 03:04 AM
Bob Pastorello
My Feedback: (198)

A.T. - (or knowledgeable others) - I've kept my A9 firmware current, except I've not update the Spectra 2.4 module. I don't use telemetry. Is there a need for me to go ahead and upgrade the module firmware? If I do that, does it require that I re-bind all receivers to the upgraded module?
Old 04-19-2011, 03:44 AM
A.T.

ORIGINAL: Bob Pastorello A.T. - (or knowledgeable others) - I've kept my A9 firmware current, except I've not update the Spectra 2.4 module. I don't use telemetry. Is there a need for me to go ahead and upgrade the module firmware? If I do that, does it require that I re-bind all receivers to the upgraded module?
If not ever going to use the Minima series of receivers (they are not transceivers), then no need at present to upgrade beyond V2.0.
Only Spectra modules updated to V3.01 and above can be used for Hitec AFHSS 2.4Ghz Minima series of full range receivers.

An Aurora can be changed between V1.06, V1.07(2) and V1.08 at any time but if changing up from V1.06,
then the Spectra Module must be upgraded to at least V2.0 and in same HPP-22 menu, the module's internal Low Battery Warning must also bealso be set andsaved (even if left on auto 4 or 5 cell RXpack).
Spectra modules can be changed between V1, 2 & 3 as desired but then also check the other units which may also need changing in same direction.
Spectra Module - V2.0 & HPP-22 V1.04 Update 01Oct10.
(inc PDF update enhancements, inc set failsafe via HPP-22 & how uninstall V1.03 before new install.)

Optima 7 & 9 - Firmware update V1.02 - 23Jun10, Update is for HTS-SS receptor system only,
otherwise not required as it does not impact other functions & resolution.

each time a Spectra 2.4Ghz module of Optima 7ch &9ch is changed from one version, backward or forwards, then it isprudent to also reset ID(Bind). and most certainly Range test.
AFHSS - ID_Setup (also known as Binding or Linking) & Range Test Procedure (item 5)

Alan T.
Old 04-19-2011, 07:25 AM
stefer

ORIGINAL: Wayne Miller

Hi,

I can go to the following links in post 3482:

Do yours print OK?

I found that frustrating also. The format of the documents is 11" x 17" which not many printers will handle. You could shrink it to fit one page and then it is too small to read. The best solution is to go to Adobe and download Adobe Reader 10.01. This is the latest version of Reader and you can tile the pages to get two 8 1/2" x 11" pages with all the info on them full size. Of course, since the pages are divided into three columns, the pages are pieced in the middlle column.

It is really convenient to be able to access this information online. The creators of this information would serve the users better if they considered how it will be used and format it so printers can print legible versions on 8 1/2 x 11 paper.
Old 04-19-2011, 07:32 AM
Wayne Miller

Hi Stefer,

I agree. I went to the Hitec RDC site and had the same problem. I was able to save as JPG, then crop, resize and print, but it still was not very clear.

I have contacted Hitec Customer Support and identified the printing problem, hopefully they will follow your suggestion.

Fly4Fun,

Wayne
Old 04-19-2011, 08:20 AM
Yank II

Not trying to be a smart alec, but It sounds like your computer has the problem, not Hitec.
Old 04-19-2011, 08:34 AM
Wayne Miller

Hi Yank II,

You may be correct, that is why I originally asked if anyone else had the same problem. When downloaded, they show reasonably well on the screen, but don't print well.

Have you tried to print off the documents? If so, were they clear?

THanks for your help.

Fly4Fun,

Wayne
Old 04-19-2011, 05:23 PM
Bob Pastorello
My Feedback: (198)

ORIGINAL: A.T.

ORIGINAL: Bob Pastorello A.T. - (or knowledgeable others) - I've kept my A9 firmware current, except I've not update the Spectra 2.4 module. I don't use telemetry. Is there a need for me to go ahead and upgrade the module firmware? If I do that, does it require that I re-bind all receivers to the upgraded module?
If not ever going to use the Minima series of receivers (they are not transceivers), then no need at present to upgrade beyond V2.0.
Only Spectra modules updated to V3.01 and above can be used for Hitec AFHSS 2.4Ghz Minima series of full range receivers.

An Aurora can be changed between V1.06, V1.07(2) and V1.08 at any time but if changing up from V1.06,
then the Spectra Module must be upgraded to at least V2.0 and in same HPP-22 menu, the module's internal Low Battery Warning must also bealso be set andsaved (even if left on auto 4 or 5 cell RXpack).
Spectra modules can be changed between V1, 2 & 3 as desired but then also check the other units which may also need changing in same direction.
Spectra Module - V2.0 & HPP-22 V1.04 Update 01Oct10.
(inc PDF update enhancements, inc set failsafe via HPP-22 & how uninstall V1.03 before new install.)

Optima 7 & 9 - Firmware update V1.02 - 23Jun10, Update is for HTS-SS receptor system only,
otherwise not required as it does not impact other functions & resolution.

each time a Spectra 2.4Ghz module of Optima 7ch &9ch is changed from one version, backward or forwards, then it isprudent to also reset ID(Bind). and most certainly Range test.
AFHSS - ID_Setup (also known as Binding or Linking) & Range Test Procedure (item 5)

Alan T.
So, Alan, I think you told me from these links - NO - I don't *need* to upgrade, but YES - I will need to rebind every receiver as a precaution if I choose to update the module.

Is that the bottom line?
Old 04-19-2011, 06:15 PM
A.T.

ORIGINAL: Bob Pastorello So, Alan, I think you told me from these links - NO - I don't *need* to upgrade, but YES - I will need to rebind every receiver as a precaution if I choose to update the module. Is that the bottom line?
Hitec 2.4 GHz AFHSS Equipment Update Manual
'WARNING
After the firmware upgrade, you must perform a range check and full ground before the first flight. "
IDreset is not mentioned as being necessary.

However, with update toV3.01, given the changes, and as one of the older generation who has experiencedchanges to firmware in different equipment with interesting results over many years,
decided it was prudent to rebind my Optima transceivers.
Thisso as to also familiarise myself with the new scan function procedure - whichthen requires all other Optima/Minima then be re-set (rebound) to the module's new ID code.

Alan T.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.