Notices
Off Topic Forum - Cars, Trucks, Buggies and more Get to know your fellow RCU member modelers in here and discuss off topic non-rc stuff. Only two topics OFF LIMITS are religion and politics. This forum for car & truck members. Plane & Heli members have their own in clubhouse section.

My New Shark

Old 02-15-2011, 05:59 AM
J.D.T

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: My New Shark

thats a pretty good pump gas compression, you shouldn't have any octane related detonation issues at that level.
Old 02-15-2011, 04:55 PM
The_Shark

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yeah like said THIS IS MY DAILY DRIVER so i dont need something taking race fuel or loaping so much i have to feather the gas.

common' heads get here already[]
Old 02-15-2011, 07:37 PM
The Hedgehog

Gotta have a rumble though. I had a cam in my 5.0 stang and the rumble at idle was awesome.
Old 02-19-2011, 08:13 PM
The_Shark

for the extra few ponies, i would rather give them up for easy starting, normal vac and better throttle response.
i am 2hours away from starting jt up, im leaving it for tomorrow when im fresh
Old 02-20-2011, 04:04 PM
The Hedgehog

Yeah I guess it wouldn't help for a couple of HP. Gave me a HUGE boost though with my 5.0, so it was a no brainer for me.

Good luck on the startup!
Old 02-21-2011, 08:27 AM
The_Shark

ORIGINAL: AutoXMan

Yeah I guess it wouldn't help for a couple of HP. Gave me a HUGE boost though with my 5.0, so it was a no brainer for me.

Good luck on the startup!
funny you should say that. the oil pump made the dis move 1/6 too soon, after problem solving and alighning the pump, i cranked too long and killed the batt, and just remembered to fill the bowl. i will try again after work[&o]

i love old school, but distributors suck ***
Old 02-24-2011, 10:16 AM
The_Shark

IT IS ALIVE!!!! it sounds agressive as hell, i babied it around the block, but i have to get new plates, mine expired october
Old 02-28-2011, 07:14 AM
The_Shark

slill waiting for weather to clear up.... dont want to drive in through salt because its sitting another month afterwords.

soon as it clears, the paint in the front and around the rear window is getting fixed thanks to the tax return.
Old 02-28-2011, 07:47 AM
tommygun32

PICS!!!!!!
Old 02-28-2011, 04:12 PM
The_Shark

ORIGINAL: tommygun32

PICS!!!!!!
soon enough, all the ones i have are on phone memory. i repainted the valve covers chevy blue, intake gloss black, air cleaner very gloss black and clear coated the heads. it almost looks bone stock im eventually going to repaint the fan and pump, black gloss for the fan and chevy blue for the pump.
Old 03-08-2011, 05:26 PM
The Hedgehog

Interested why 8 pages in there are no pictures of this whip...
Old 03-08-2011, 05:42 PM
The_Shark

ORIGINAL: The Hedgehog

Interested why 8 pages in there are no pictures of this whip...
because i have a life and little time to take pictures of the car, instead i rather do the work to it when i have the chance, my car is parked in a friends garage out of my way of college and work.
also when i work, i get into a trance and dont eat or drink let alone take pictures, i do have a few in my cell, but no way to down load them.

however i got my sticker and im going to take her to work tomorrow, i can't wait, maybe take some picks and even a sound clip. im all giddy
Old 03-11-2011, 03:32 PM
The_Shark

here are some pics of the engine bay, its a little greasy as i just finished fine tuning the valves (thats a job you never want to do again)

i wish i wouldve taken shots of the engine bay before hand, the covers and air cleaner where rust with bits of paint on them. i sanded primed, painted and clear coated the cleaner, valve covers and intake.

anyway i took her for a drive and i was like "yeah its fast, but i bet that choke is shutting off my secondaries" sure enough, the high idle was because of the choke was stuck wide open also shutting down the secondaries (two big valves in back) and once i got that settled, i was like "WHOLLY CRAP" this sucker pins you to your seat and accelerates like crazy, its also 3X louder than it used to be.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	ki18627.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	769.2 KB
ID:	1577170   Click image for larger version

Name:	xv65638.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	781.6 KB
ID:	1577171   Click image for larger version

Name:	ec87211.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	746.8 KB
ID:	1577172  
Old 03-14-2011, 04:10 PM
The_Shark

Here we go, here is a short (and poor quality) clip of the new sound. [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXCCeMIQTfE[/youtube]
Old 03-15-2011, 05:00 AM
J.D.T

glad you got it all sorted out, now you know why them guys pay $100 for two piece valve covers huh? Don't ever get a solid roller, my buddy races 355s that need the lash set every weekend, he is pretty good at it by now, someone spins the motor by hand with a breaker bar and he sets them static then only has to run for a minute of two, it usually feels like time is standing still and gallons are spilling/spraying while you are actually doing it however.
Old 04-14-2011, 09:51 AM
The_Shark

ok, the car's had a valve click/rattle since i did my heads, ive been ignoring it since it was just minor, but two weeks ago, it was getting really loud, and noticed it was *clatter clatter CLICK! clatter clatter CLICK!* so i knew there was a noisy valve in there somwhere, so i did the crap-tackular job of adjusting the valves hot and running, did one side then the other, till they where quiet, and for the most part the CLICK was just a small clatter.

a week later it clickin like crazy again, so i replace the filter and put in rislone just in case and adjust the valves on bank 2, and i cant get it to go away but i had work and drove it.

yesterday i pulled it off again running and with a stethiscope listened to every rocker adjusting them as i went, and then i got to one that would not quiet up. so i pull the rocker and BEHOLD! a flattened and flaking pushrod, i just recalled that on of the rockers sent had a pretty fat burr on it, so i ground it off and hoped to god it wouldnt chew things. sure enough it did, but the bur is gone

so i put a new pushrod in for $1.50 and its quiet as a sleeping mouse.

i will show pics soon.

oh yeah, i WAS going to FIX the paint, but my guy said it would be close to impossible to match it since its coustom, soooo i want your guy's imput on color because she is getting a new paint job
Old 04-14-2011, 11:50 AM
J.D.T

color code 66, orange usally looks good on those cars but it ended in 77, my coworker has a corvette problem, he had the 78 factory list at his fingertips, the first numbers are the color code and second number is how many were made, looks like yellow was the rarest followed by light beige (barf) and light blue then brown. More white than silver even, never would have thought that, the anniversary color scheme was over 1/3 of the production run

10 Classic White 4,150
13 Silver 3,232
13U/07M Silver/Dark Gray (Anniversary) 15,283
19 Black 4,573
26 Light Blue 1,960
52 Bright Yellow 1,243
59 Light Beige 1,686
72 Red 2,074
82 Mahogany 2,121
83 Dark Red 2,084
89 Dark Brown 1,991
Old 04-15-2011, 05:33 PM
[email protected]

Cool! corvettes are lots of fun don't sell it keep for ever. I know so many people will be like I wish I never sold that blah blah car. Find yourself a club, you all hang out and work on each others cars its lots of fun. Good luck with the vette
Old 04-16-2011, 03:36 AM
The_Shark

too bad alot of vette fans are up-tight, which im not.

think i found a winner in color, its the house of kolor violet lake pearl, its a really dark blue with just a hint of grape.

want something dark as it accents the peaks and contours of the body, mazda stormy blue is nice too, but having a hard time finding it.
Old 04-16-2011, 12:29 PM
The_Shark

really like new mustang's lava red- kinda a evil color, but its a tri-coat and will cost more/ be harder to fix.
Old 04-17-2011, 01:43 PM
The_Shark

well, i ripped the car apart, door mouldings, handles, lock cylinders, mirrors, grilles, emblems, lenseses, rocker panels are removed.

wansnt too bad, the mirrors where the hardest as there is no room for a socket or wrench, so i had to remove the bumpers, put the socket onto the bolt, and loosened it pliers.

i cant belive people complain about the handles being tough

i will get pics before and after.
Old 04-18-2011, 01:38 PM
SAVAGEJIM

ORIGINAL: ThunderbirdJunkie

ORIGINAL: Moms Mistake

ORIGINAL: Ttam Says Blarg

Nice!! I was expecting to see a shark tho..
Me to, now I'm all bummed out and I hate American junk.
Wow, you're a dick.
I agree. And IFR/Mom's, you are wrong about American products. The 70's muscle cars are still on the roads today, and not every single one of them are restored. American muscle are one of the most resilient vehicles to last through the decades. To call them all junk is not very educated. Read up some more on American muscle cars.
Old 04-18-2011, 01:39 PM
SAVAGEJIM

ORIGINAL: The_Shark

here are some pics of the engine bay, its a little greasy as i just finished fine tuning the valves (thats a job you never want to do again)

i wish i wouldve taken shots of the engine bay before hand, the covers and air cleaner where rust with bits of paint on them. i sanded primed, painted and clear coated the cleaner, valve covers and intake.

anyway i took her for a drive and i was like ''yeah its fast, but i bet that choke is shutting off my secondaries'' sure enough, the high idle was because of the choke was stuck wide open also shutting down the secondaries (two big valves in back) and once i got that settled, i was like ''WHOLLY CRAP'' this sucker pins you to your seat and accelerates like crazy, its also 3X louder than it used to be.
I didnt get to read the whole thread, just the first 3 pgs and the last two. But is your engine an L48 or L82?

EDIT: NVM, I saw your u-toob clip and you found out it is an L48.

Now for the nitty-gritty: Getting that ******* to pump out 400+ HP!!!!!!
Blower plus nitrous = mucho mighty mouse!
Old 04-18-2011, 03:09 PM
The_Shark

ORIGINAL: SAVAGEJIM

ORIGINAL: The_Shark

anyway i took her for a drive and i was like ''yeah its fast, but i bet that choke is shutting off my secondaries'' sure enough, the high idle was because of the choke was stuck wide open also shutting down the secondaries (two big valves in back) and once i got that settled, i was like ''WHOLLY CRAP'' this sucker pins you to your seat and accelerates like crazy, its also 3X louder than it used to be.
I didnt get to read the whole thread, just the first 3 pgs and the last two. But is your engine an L48 or L82?

EDIT: NVM, I saw your u-toob clip and you found out it is an L48.

Now for the nitty-gritty: Getting that ******* to pump out 400+ HP!!!!!!
Blower plus nitrous = mucho mighty mouse!
i would say its darn near close that right now, fulie heads are rated at 375HP, these are modified versions good for another 15HP or so, then add magnaflow 3" system and 1.6ratio rockers.

blower+nitrous= 700hp or more (you can get close or more than 600hp on twin turbo)

again, i know this car isnt a rocket car, but it hauls ass like nobody's buisness, i run out of legal speed limit REAL fast.
Old 04-18-2011, 06:30 PM
The_Shark

here is the color im getting

its going to make the car "pop"
Attached Images
File Type: bmp
ge95871.bmp (1.37 MB, 15 views)

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.