Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Hitec Aurora 9 Programming Chart

Old 04-23-2011, 05:57 PM
Wayne Miller

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hitec Aurora 9 Programming Chart

Hi,

I used to do a lot of troubleshooting by phone and on customer sites. In all cases it was easier to find the information I wanted by using a chart instead of trying to fumble my way through menus and different screens.

I have put together a printable programming charts in PDF format for the Aurora 9 version 1.07 (first attachment) and 1.08 (second attachment) for those of you who have downloaded the latest update. I hope it will make your programming, and finding what you want easier. Download the chart you need.
The description for the new 1.08 is here:
http://www.hitecrcd.com/products/air...rora9v108.html
or you can just compare the charts.

The charts, along with the printable index should make your programming of the system much easier. The link to the printable index is here:
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_10...m.htm#10467839

I'm sure the chart can be improved in many ways, if you have any suggestions for improvement, please let me know.

If you find it useful, also please let me know. Thanks.

Fly4Fun,

Wayne
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Lj21473.pdf (20.0 KB, 1242 views)
File Type: pdf
Pk29965.pdf (21.9 KB, 1111 views)
Old 04-23-2011, 06:23 PM
Bob Pastorello
My Feedback: (198)

Default RE: Hitec Aurora 9 Programming Chart

ORIGINAL: Wayne Miller

Hi,

I used to do a lot of troubleshooting by phone and on customer sites. In all cases it was easier to find the information I wanted by using a chart instead of trying to fumble my way through menus and different screens.

I have put together a printable programming chart in PDF format for the Aurora 9 in hopes it will make programming, and finding what you want easier.

This chart, along with the printable index should make your programming of the system much easier. The programming chart is attached, and the link to the printable index is here:

I'm sure the chart can be improved in many ways, if you have any suggestions for improvement, please let me know.

Fly4Fun,

Wayne
First rate documentation, Wayne!!!! Thank you for the extra effort to share the chart. VERY helpful for the new comer to this fine radio. Your index should be something Hitec pays you for....it's going to be a great help.
Thank you for helping us!
Old 04-23-2011, 06:29 PM
Wayne Miller

Hi Bob,

Thanks for the kind words.

Hmmm - I'd like to have another Aurora 9 if Hitec's listening! If not, I'm glad I could help fellow modellers.

Fly4Fun,

Wayne
Old 04-23-2011, 06:36 PM
BuschBarber
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Does the A9 allow you to copy Model Memories to a PC?

With my JR 9303 and the PC Data Transfer software, I can copy each Model Memory to my PC, Print out a sheet with all the Model Memory parameters, Edit them, Print them out, Send any Model Memory to another person, over the Internet, or Copy them back to the same Tx or another Tx.

You did a great job with the Data Sheet you created.
Old 04-23-2011, 08:37 PM
A.T.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: BuschBarber Does the A9 allow you to copy Model Memories to a PC?
With my JR 9303 and the PC Data Transfer software, I can copy each Model Memory to my PC, Print out a sheet with all the Model Memory parameters, Edit them, Print them out, Send any Model Memory to another person, over the Internet, or Copy them back to the same Tx or another Tx. You did a great job with the Data Sheet you created.
Not only to and from a PC, but also to and from other A9

Aurora 9 - Trainer - Buddy system Master & Slave function Set-up & Data Transfer Aurora 9<>Aurora 9.
Hitec HPP-22 2.4GHz Programmer - Manual, FAQ - How to install & Use Instructions (with screenshots).
Aurora 9 - Model Set Up & Templates Program Templates. (If you have an HPP-22, download these files and transfer them into your Aurora. Save and share your own set ups. This way you could have more than one set of eyes look at your set up and possibly come up with other solutions).
another chart which may also assist in conjunction with Wayne's
Aurora 9 - Programing Spreadsheet - Put all your model settings into a printable spreadsheet. & Aurora 9 - Programming Chart.

ex Hitec USA Support Forum Sticky:
Aurora 9, Spectra Modules & Optima Transceivers - FAQ & Undocumented Features
- Mixes, Setups,Tips. {Individual Links often updated}

Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links
Old 04-23-2011, 09:02 PM
BuschBarber

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks!! Sounds good!!
Old 04-23-2011, 10:15 PM
A.T.

ORIGINAL: Wayne Miller Hi, I used to do a lot of troubleshooting by phone and on customer sites. In all cases it was easier to find the information I wanted by using a chart instead of trying to fumble my way through menus and different screens. I have put together a printable programming chart in PDF format for the Aurora 9 in hopes it will make programming, and finding what you want easier. This chart, along with the printable index should make your programming of the system much easier. The programming chart is attached, and the link to the printable index is here:
I'm sure the chart can be improved in many ways, if you have any suggestions for improvement, please let me know. If you find it useful, also please let me know. Thanks. Fly4Fun, Wayne
Nice chart, added FAQ page.

As the System menu is shown at the bottom for obviously better layout,some users may overlook ProgrammingFlow requirements
[System] >[MDL.Sel] >[MDL.Type] must be entered first.
If entered later, or early parameters amended later in the programming, all ChAssignments,Pmixes, Conditions etc will also be effected.
(often best to re-set and re-enter all rather than amend something which is at the beginning of each models programing.) e.g.
Aurora 9 - Programming Problem? - Parameters must be set in correct order e.g. V_tail.
"Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean.roberts
This is a callout to the experts for a little help. I have just spent hours (2-3) programming a full house electric sailplane with four servo wing, v-tail and motor. I have the full suite of mixes and flight modes. It is a work of art. I have reassigned all of the channels to better suit the wiring loom. So channels 1 to 6 are; aileron, flap, flap2, aileron2, elevator and rudder. The problem I am having is that the elevator trim only effects ch 6 (rudder) and doesn't also effect ch5 (elevator). The rudder trim correctly mixes to both 5 and 6. I have copied the model memory to a test slot and I know that I can fix the problem by changing from v-tail back to normal and then back to v-tail. Problem is that this also reassigns the channels to standard and mucks up a number of my mixes and switch assignments. It would be better to start again from scratch. Any ideas how I might fix the elevator trim without mucking everything else up? Cheers Dean
The tail type parameter is one that you have to set first, before you assign channels. To alter the tail type after you already set channel assignments, 1) is making a change out of order from what was the original steps the radio asks you when setting up the new model, 2) will then revert back to a default channel assignment since you have now changed one of the primary setup functions for a model.
So if you follow the setup steps that the radio asks for in the initial sequence, the channel assignment is the last step. Set the tail type to v-tail and then do your channel assignments and everything should then work properly. "

Perhaps a notation could be added at the foot of the chart.

Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links
Old 05-03-2011, 05:45 AM
Wayne Miller

Hi,

I've just updated the chart in post #1 and added the suggestion.

The note is a caution to warn of the potential problems that can occur if you change Wing Type, Tail Type etc. after programming has started. Example, if you select 1 servo airlerons, then start setting up mixes, servo speed etc. and then decide to correct the aileron to 2 servos, all the mixes, speed etc. will only be valid for original 1 servo aileron selection. To correct this could be a nightmare if a lot of mixes etc. have already been programmed.

It would be best to Delete, or Reset, the model and start programming the model over to avoid confusion.

Fly4fun,

Wayne

Old 05-04-2011, 07:48 AM
cahusker
My Feedback: (50)

Wayne, I like what you have done with the flow chart, it is a nice reference to look at without having to have the Tx turned on. I don't know if you have updated to version 1.08 yet but a few things have changed on the flow chart when you do. So my suggestion is to mark the current chart as good up to Ver 1.07(x) and then modify the chart and note that is for Ver 1.08 and later. This is of course subject to further updates by Hitec. Again, nice work and I hope you will do the update for V 1.08. Thanks

Lane Jorgensen
Old 05-04-2011, 08:07 AM
Wayne Miller

Hi Lane,

I'll update my system and go over the chart again. I'll then leave the first chart and name it as up to 1.07 and do a new one and label it as 1.08 as per your suggestion.

Thanks for taking the time to go over the chart.

Fly4Fun,

Wayne
Old 05-05-2011, 03:01 AM
grassie

ORIGINAL: Wayne Miller

Hi,

I have put together a printable programming chart in PDF format for the Aurora 9 in hopes it will make programming, and finding what you want easier.

This chart, along with the printable index should make your programming of the system much easier. The programming chart is attached, and the link to the printable index is here:

Fly4Fun,

Wayne
Hi Wayne, thanks, only stumbled across this today! You can add T.Limit to Model, page1, just before EPA.
It was updated in V1.08
Gerhard
Old 05-05-2011, 07:44 PM
Wayne Miller

Hi Lane and Gerhard,

I've been working on the chart for 1.08 and I think I've added all your suggestion. Please check it over and make sure all is OK.

The only problem I don't know how to cure is to put a name to the attachments, so I just stated 1.07 is the first attachment and 1.08 is the second. I hope this makes sense.

Thanks for your help.

Fly4Fun,

Wayne
Old 05-06-2011, 06:34 AM
cahusker

Hi Wayne,
Thanks for updating the chart to V 1.08. I have found a difference on mine that you need to confirm, see if you agree. Under MODEL page 1, I have Ail>Flp after Ail>Rud and then P.Mmix is on page two first item. Hopefully you just missed it and I don't have something wierd on mine. Like your charts and thanks for your efforts to make things easier.

Lane
Old 05-06-2011, 07:09 AM
Wayne Miller

Hi Lane,

I have not been able to duplicate the menu on mine. However, I have mine set up as a standard airplane.

I've checked the INFO screen for the version and it shows as Ver. 1.08(0) so I know I have the update installed. I also know the menu changes when the 72Mhz module is installed, so I installed mine (Optic 6 conversion as per R C GROUPS) and only MODULAT is added to the menu.

I noticed in the manual that AIL-FLP (page 98) is influenced by the flight condition feature. So I then switched to GLIDER and noticed things on the menu changed. Can you tell me what model you have set up, that is, ACRO, GLID or HELI and the tail/wing configuration and I'll set my Aurora up the same and see what happens.

There may have to be a separate chart for each model type.

If anyone else knows what is happening, can you help us out?

Thanks for your help.

Fly4Fun,

Wayne
Old 05-06-2011, 04:31 PM
cahusker

Good catch Wayne, I was looking at an Acro model set up with 2 aileron servos and 2 flap servos and it has the Ail>Flp box. If I change to a plane with only 2 aileron servos then the Ail>Flp box is no longer there. This radio is great and one needs to learn all of the little secrets that is has.
Thanks for looking and your reply, all is good and your chart is correct as it is. Thanks again for your good work.

Lane
Old 05-08-2011, 08:24 AM
Wayne Miller

Thanks Lane,

I'll try and keep track of all the items that are added to the menus when different configurations are selected, then I'll add it as a side note.

Fly4Fun,

Wayne
Old 05-14-2011, 07:03 AM
Devil_Inside
My Feedback: (3)

Awesome work, thank you! The only thing I can suggest is color coordinating the different categories to make the chart easier to read, but other than that it looks great.
Old 08-07-2014, 09:16 AM
wcmorrison

Downloaded your chart. I went in and deleted all previous programming and started all over. I think I have found a serious mistake and corrected it in tranny programming. I found both flaps assigned to the left. I changed that to one left and one right. I'll see that that does. Your chart was helpful. Thank you.