Community
Search
Notices
Off Topic Forum - Cars, Trucks, Buggies and more Get to know your fellow RCU member modelers in here and discuss off topic non-rc stuff. Only two topics OFF LIMITS are religion and politics. This forum for car & truck members. Plane & Heli members have their own in clubhouse section.

PS3 Network

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2011, 08:58 AM
hpiracr28

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PS3 Network

So the network has been down for days, or maybe even weeks. I heard they got hacked? ***? does anyone know when it will be back up and running?
Old 04-27-2011, 09:07 AM
proanti1
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: PS3 Network

There were rumors before, but I just heard in the news that it was hacked, and a couple million credit card numbers were compromised. Of course Sony is working damage control, and is not really divulging too much information.
Old 04-27-2011, 09:31 AM
tommygun32

Yup, we had the news 3 days ago.

The part about stealing personal info only broke early this morning our time...[&o]

ORIGINAL: proanti1

There were rumors before, but I just heard in the news that it was hacked, and a couple million credit card numbers were compromised. Of course Sony is working damage control, and is not really divulging too much information.
Old 04-27-2011, 11:09 AM
hpiracr28

this sucks. i have beat all my games so the only thing i have left now is call of duty online. but i cant use it lol.

Old 04-27-2011, 12:32 PM
proanti1

Yeah... I have used my credit card on PSN, so I will be changing it shortly. Sony is probably going to burn for this, especially if fraudulent charges have already been made. The second Sony knew about the incident, they knew whether or not credit card information was at risk... but they have been trying to save face, and not telling anyone anything. They could have at least given customers a heads up as to why the system was down, instead of just telling everyone it was "down for maintenance".
Old 04-27-2011, 12:47 PM
-SomeGuy-

I heard in the news it was going to be down for about 1 more week.
Old 04-27-2011, 04:38 PM
buggyboy2010

Ya, It's been all over the news, They got hacked and hacked hard, Everything from user names to credit cards have possibly been stolen, But here's the zinger, They knew about it for 6days and didn't bother to release it to anyone until a couple days ago. I have used My credit card a few times on there but as of last month I removed all that information on a whim.. Dang lucky that was. In 2008 the same thing happened to XBox. Me and a few buddies have been calling them everyday ( hardcore COD players..lol.. ) and seeing what the heck they are doing about this, I think they should give all PSN Users free credit to use on PSN Store.
Old 04-27-2011, 04:45 PM
proanti1

ORIGINAL: buggyboy2010

Ya, It's been all over the news, They got hacked and hacked hard, Everything from user names to credit cards have possibly been stolen, But here's the zinger, They knew about it for 6days and didn't bother to release it to anyone until a couple days ago. I have used My credit card a few times on there but as of last month I removed all that information on a whim.. Dang lucky that was. In 2008 the same thing happened to XBox. Me and a few buddies have been calling them everyday ( hardcore COD players..lol.. ) and seeing what the heck they are doing about this, I think they should give all PSN Users free credit to use on PSN Store.
Free credit? They are gonna be paying a hell of a lot more than that.

http://www.examiner.com/console-gami...n-breach-filed
Old 04-27-2011, 05:32 PM
ELK

delete
Old 04-27-2011, 08:35 PM
buggyboy2010

Well that didn't take long! LMAO... Wow... I don't know what to say...

ORIGINAL: proanti1

ORIGINAL: buggyboy2010

Free credit? They are gonna be paying a hell of a lot more than that.

http://www.examiner.com/console-gami...n-breach-filed