Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

My Aftershock 8E Build thread.

Old 04-23-2011, 10:42 AM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: My Aftershock 8E Build thread.

those rims look really nice.

i wanna know how you are coming on those servo saver mods?
i plan on doing some modding of the servo saver on my earthquake 8e, just havent found the time yet.
Old 04-23-2011, 02:55 PM
JTuepker1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HNJy7kreK90

video on how to set rebound on your truck more. I did it to my backdraft, works likes a charm.
Old 04-23-2011, 07:28 PM
All-or-Nothing

ORIGINAL: nitrosportsandrunner

those rims look really nice.

i wanna know how you are coming on those servo saver mods?
i plan on doing some modding of the servo saver on my earthquake 8e, just havent found the time yet.

Waiting for the Servo Saver to come in. Should be Monday or Tuesday. Debating whether to just take the bushings to the LHS or just order a bearing kit for some Mini Rc and hope I get a hit.

I should probably just measure them and see what I can find on Bocabearings.com or some other bearing site.
Old 04-23-2011, 10:01 PM
masterhacker1989

I know what size they are
<pre>5x8x2.5mm you can use traxxas part #2728

I was going to go pick up some bearings, but I got lazy and didnt when I last had my earthquake apart
</pre>
Old 04-23-2011, 10:04 PM
masterhacker1989

Heres the ones I'm planning on getting tin the near future:
http://www.rc-bearings.com/catalog/p...roducts_id=860
Old 04-24-2011, 01:22 AM
masterhacker1989

I stole the bearing out of my Tmaxx steering and went to install them on my earthquake, and I found that I has to sand down the shaft that the bell cranks mount on to get them to go on nicely, it seems the shafts are a hair bigger than the bearings inner hole, I think its just because they didnt do a good checking them before they left the factory, because the bearings slipped on one end with no problem, but the other 3 I had to sand, some more than others. It did get rid of a whole bunch of slop in the steering by installing ball bearings, I recomend that everyone do this
Old 04-24-2011, 02:17 AM
All-or-Nothing

ORIGINAL: masterhacker1989

I stole the bearing out of my Tmaxx steering and went to install them on my earthquake, and I found that I has to sand down the shaft that the bell cranks mount on to get them to go on nicely, it seems the shafts are a hair bigger than the bearings inner hole, I think its just because they didnt do a good checking them before they left the factory, because the bearings slipped on one end with no problem, but the other 3 I had to sand, some more than others. It did get rid of a whole bunch of slop in the steering by installing ball bearings, I recomend that everyone do this

This is great news. I am hoping that the Aluminum Servo Saver gets rid of even more slop along with the addition of the bearings.

Great work Masterhacker1989
Old 04-24-2011, 10:05 PM
All-or-Nothing

More goodies.....

When I went to pop it on the motor it wouldn't sit flush so immediately I thought I would have to trim it somehow. Fortunately it was just hitting the plastic piece that goes over the center diff. (Put the dremel away now).

Here is where it was hitting.

So I just liffted the plastic piece and it popped right into place.

Old 04-24-2011, 11:22 PM
masterhacker1989

Lemme know how that heat sink works, im having heat issues with my earthquake. Also is that the heat sink redcat sells?
Old 04-25-2011, 12:50 AM
All-or-Nothing

Lemme know how that heat sink works, im having heat issues with my earthquake. Also is that the heat sink redcat sells?

Yes it's the Redcat HeatSink and Fan. I think it should work pretty well but I will let you know.
Old 04-26-2011, 05:31 AM
All-or-Nothing

Woo Hoo....................more goodies

Old 04-26-2011, 07:16 PM
masterhacker1989

Ooh nice, be careful with the bearing puller though, I screwed up the crank on my tmaxx pulling off the flywheel with a bearing puller, it chipped the end where a snap ring held on the clutch, luckily i was able to make it work by using a screw instead of a snap ring. I was going to buy one of those "setup" things, but I thought about it, and i can get my Rc's handling pretty good just by eying stuff up, plus I just run them in my backyard, or a grave pit anyways, So it doesnt really pay for me to get one
Old 04-26-2011, 07:30 PM
All-or-Nothing

Ooh nice, be careful with the bearing puller though, I screwed up the crank on my tmaxx pulling off the flywheel with a bearing puller, it chipped the end where a snap ring held on the clutch, luckily i was able to make it work by using a screw instead of a snap ring. I was going to buy one of those ''setup'' things, but I thought about it, and i can get my Rc's handling pretty good just by eying stuff up, plus I just run them in my backyard, or a grave pit anyways, So it doesnt really pay for me to get one

I mostly use the Set-Up rig for my Serpent and Kyosho MP9 but I am going to be using it on the Aftershock to get it dialed a little more.
Old 04-27-2011, 05:29 AM
All-or-Nothing

Got another delivery today.........

Old 04-27-2011, 07:12 AM
JTuepker1

Nice radio, got one myself use it for my redcat buggy, will be using for my new caster buggy when it arrives. Easy setup and love the display easy to read.
Old 04-27-2011, 08:11 AM
masterhacker1989

Ive tried to order one of those radios twice now, from 2 different places, and both times it said they were in stock, and i ordered them, waited 2 weeks,saw that it hadn't shipped, then had them refund my money, I guess im not supposed to have one...
Old 04-27-2011, 08:31 PM
All-or-Nothing

So far this is what I have into the truck...

Aftershock 8E $209 with free shipping
Heat Sink $7
Fan $9
AKA Rims (17MM SET OF 4) $20
JConcepts Goosebumps (Set of 4) $36
45 Weight Shock Oil $4
40 Weight Shock oil $4
Diff Oil $10
12MM to 17MM adapters $15
New High Torque Servo $12

These are all things that anyone racing their trucks would purchase besides maybe the hub adapters. All in right now I have $326 including the truck's price.

All the the Toe-In and Camber adjustments were done with my Hudy 1/8 Set-Up Station. This truck runs just as fast as any of the other "Big Name Brand" trucks at our track and as I get more practice I see many wins in the future. I am running the stock batteries and they have plenty punch almost too much in some of the turns and technical parts.

Gonna hit the track this afternoon and have better details on how it handles and more settings. I do need to go with harder springs to smooth out the landings more but I don't know how that will affect the handling. Anyways I will report here how it does.
Old 04-27-2011, 09:16 PM
Goatcrapp

I am running the stock batteries and they have plenty punch almost too much in some of the turns and technical parts.

Gonna hit the track this afternoon and have better details on how it handles and more settings. I do need to go with harder springs to smooth out the landings more but I don't know how that will affect the handling. Anyways I will report here how it does.
get a program card. I found that the punch overpowered the chassis/driveline too much as well, and lowered it a bit.. I also changed the timing a bit, and i gotta say, it really woke up the aftershock.. smoother all around, without the fine line between in and out of control it had before...

as for shocks - being a mostly-basher myself, i decided to try my old MGTsprings and shocks. Iwouldn't say to use these specifically - they needed rigging to fit, and still weren't optimal, but the added shock travel was a godsend for landings in this SCtruck. Something to look into perhaps.

Old 04-28-2011, 03:59 AM
electricrc68
Banned

how do you have all this money!!!!! i wish i did.
Old 04-28-2011, 06:30 AM
JTuepker1

Its called a job.
ORIGINAL: electricrc68

Old 04-28-2011, 07:14 AM
brew99

ORIGINAL: All-or-Nothing

So far this is what I have into the truck...

Aftershock 8E $209 with free shipping
Heat Sink $7
Fan $9
AKA Rims (17MM SET OF 4) $20
JConcepts Goosebumps (Set of 4) $36
45 Weight Shock Oil $4
40 Weight Shock oil $4
Diff Oil $10
12MM to 17MM adapters $15
New High Torque Servo $12

These are all things that anyone racing their trucks would purchase besides maybe the hub adapters. All in right now I have $326 including the truck's price.

All the the Toe-In and Camber adjustments were done with my Hudy 1/8 Set-Up Station. This truck runs just as fast as any of the other "Big Name Brand" trucks at our track and as I get more practice I see many wins in the future. I am running the stock batteries and they have plenty punch almost too much in some of the turns and technical parts.

How did you get the truck for $209? wasn't it $289?
Old 04-28-2011, 02:26 PM
All-or-Nothing

I bought it on Amazon. Maybe the store wasn't selling and they were getting rid of their last stock. I don't know but it was too good to pass up.
Old 04-28-2011, 02:57 PM
electricrc68
Banned

ORIGINAL: JTuepker1

Its called a job.
ORIGINAL: electricrc68

i don't have a job yet. im only 14.

Old 04-28-2011, 03:03 PM
brew99

Wow, good score on that one!! Just to let you know, I'm appreciating your thread and regular updates of the aftershock. I have one too, and have upgraded the steering arm, C Hubs, stainless screws, and fr/rr suspension mounts. This thing is almost to fast, and i think I'm gonna try to lower the punch as it is hard to keep control from starts.
Old 04-28-2011, 04:14 PM
Goatcrapp

i don't have a job yet. im only 14.
14 is a tough age... old enough where you can't be completely reliant on your parents for liesure items... but not old enough to work (in some states) or be taken seriously.

Set goals for yourself. If you want something - price it.. and set your goal. Shop wisely... don't bother with the big dollar items that make only the smallest differences.

Then figure out ways to earn some extra cash. Obviously - neighborhoods have changed since i was that age.. so this may not be possible for you, but I used to hit up my neighbors for grocery runs.. a couple of bukcs here and there for each trip i made on their behalf.. the standard lawn mowing, garbage, yrd organizing, etc etc jobs.. also stock up on chores.. see if your parents will chip in a little extra if you take on a heavier chore load. On the flip side - at your age chores are typically free.. ie: you're expected to earn a small fraction of your keep.

If you're good in school - you can do some tutoring.

Whats a current fad? I made the most moeny at that age by selling the various trading cards that were hot - marvel comics cards (the holograms lol) - magic, the gathering, etc. I'm completely out of touch with what's in phase right now, so you'd have to be the best judge.

Its a tough age.. i remember, lol. money definitely didn't come easy.. or not easy either.. it just wasn't there.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.