Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Electric On-Road vehicles, race cars and more
Reload this Page >

Off power pulling to left, on power pulling to right..

Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric On-Road vehicles, race cars and more Discuss electric RC on-road vehicles here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers, brushed motors, etc

Off power pulling to left, on power pulling to right..

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2011, 08:54 PM
aftermarket
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Off power pulling to left, on power pulling to right..

Hey guys, while doing some spirited driving in my street, my rear left tire took the impact while my TA05V2 slid sideways into a 1:1 tire. The impact was nothing crazy, 10-15 mph and rapidly decreasing in speed since I was sideways on rubber tires. The camber link tore out of the plastic. Thinking nothing of it, I adjusted camber and simply used a different mounting hole. I did notice some wheel wobble, which was very mild.

Now, depending on my servo trim on my radio, I either have a pull to the left off-throttle OR a pull to the right on-throttle. It's pretty annoying.. can a bent axle shaft cause this? I took out the axle shaft and you can see the bend, but it's minor. No exaggeration. My toe and camber seem to be untouched on my front wheels..

Thanks a lot!
Old 04-28-2011, 09:26 PM
warnos16v

Default RE: Off power pulling to left, on power pulling to right..

Are you using the same camber hole on the other side?

After any big impact you should make sure ur chassis isn't tweaked as this will also cause this.. also if the wheel has a wobble then it would be the same as in a 1 to 1 car.. driving with a bent rim would not do ur handling any good..
Old 04-28-2011, 09:35 PM
dragnse7en
Banned

Default RE: Off power pulling to left, on power pulling to right..

If the cambre hole is torn, that may be allowing the ball stud to wiggle around and throw the camber off on that rear left tire. It may be shifting one way on throttle and another way on off-throttle. Try and drive it in reverse and see if it acts the same way. I typically replace anything I have on the car that's out of whack though. I have plenty of carbon reinf. rear bulkheads if you need a replacement; PM me whenever you read this, and I can mail them out to you.