Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

schumo king tiger wheel bearings ?

Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

schumo king tiger wheel bearings ?

Old 04-30-2011, 05:05 PM
kona_dog

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default schumo king tiger wheel bearings ?

I just got the Schumo wheel bearing kit (KT0028FO) for my Tamiya King Tiger and it seems like the tolerances are too tight. The axles are very difficult to turn. Anybody have this problem? Any solutions?

Thanks.
Old 05-01-2011, 04:52 AM
MassiveOverkill

Default RE: schumo king tiger wheel bearings ?

I just bought a drill press to do some work on my HL Jagdpanther, and I also had some clearance problems with the output shafts and my custom ball-bearing mod on my new Mato Rev2 gears.  I stuck the output shafts in my drill press and took some sandpaper to them.  Bearings slide on with no binding now. If it's only the brass output shafts that are binding, this is a good solution, I wouldn't do it on hardened metal shafts such as chrome steel, it's those shafts where there is binding. 
Old 05-02-2011, 10:24 PM
kona_dog

Thanks. I drilled out the brass bushings a little bit and now it spins freely. I'm wondering if I should have gotten ball bearings instead of these bushings. Anyone have any experience with ball bearings vs these bushings?

Thanks.
Old 05-04-2011, 04:16 PM
Panther G

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

When ever you can use BEARings it is always best too. This is because on some models it is not possible to seperate the roadwheels after assembly with out risk is serious damage to the wheels. IT IS WORTH TH30.00-50.00 Dollars for the Bearings. I use VXB Bearings, Great package prices and they have every size and style of bearing and are better priced than Boca and the site is much easier to find the parts you need.