Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

Tornado S30 Problem

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2011, 04:52 PM
05tegtyper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tornado S30 Problem

i just received my redcat buggy in today. open package up and everything was working great. broke in the first tank letting it just sit there without a problem. second tank driving it around in 8 also without any problems. 3rd tank again no problems. now i go and start the 4th tank break in process and rite when i turned everything on my cars electronics started going crazy. steering motor started making wierd noises when i turn it doesnt react as quickly to my inputs. the motor that turns the throttle also does not act correctly. i tired resetting the reciever and controller already witout any success. anyone else started having this problem half way through their break in. im very dissapointed this started happening out of nowhere.. tried calling redcat but its closed already. this isnt my first nitro car. i have 3 yokomo gt4's. thanks in advanced.
Old 05-02-2011, 05:36 PM
jaofos

Default RE: Tornado S30 Problem

My first guess would be check electronics, battery, connections, etc. Other than that, sounds like bad interference somehow. Mine usually jumps around a bit when I touch the glow plug igniter to the engine, but not crazy like this.
Old 05-02-2011, 06:18 PM
05tegtyper

ORIGINAL: jaofos

My first guess would be check electronics, battery, connections, etc. Other than that, sounds like bad interference somehow. Mine usually jumps around a bit when I touch the glow plug igniter to the engine, but not crazy like this.
now that you mention it i do live next to a middle school. less than a football field from it. could it be that im getting crazy interference from the alarm??? it was good one minute and the next minute it was going crazy. now the motor that controls the steering is making a crazy noise when i try to steer it. im really worried that the interference messed something up. tomorrow im going to contact redcat and see what they can do. luckily i do live real close to a hobby store that is an authorized redcat dealer who stocks parts.

Old 05-03-2011, 03:53 AM
ehroof

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: 05tegtyper

i just received my redcat buggy in today. open package up and everything was working great. broke in the first tank letting it just sit there without a problem. second tank driving it around in 8 also without any problems. 3rd tank again no problems. now i go and start the 4th tank break in process and rite when i turned everything on my cars electronics started going crazy. steering motor started making wierd noises when i turn it doesnt react as quickly to my inputs. the motor that turns the throttle also does not act correctly. i tired resetting the reciever and controller already witout any success. anyone else started having this problem half way through their break in. im very dissapointed this started happening out of nowhere.. tried calling redcat but its closed already. this isnt my first nitro car. i have 3 yokomo gt4's. thanks in advanced.

if its a 2.4 radio, try rebinding it and use some fresh batteries.
Old 05-03-2011, 04:17 AM
05tegtyper

i juat tried doing that with fresh AA's and nothing. as soon as i turn on the throttle servo goes completely the opposite way ( closes the carb all the way and when the motor is on it bog's the motor almost to shut off) =[[[