Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

rampage mt pro?

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2011, 12:42 PM
Madkaw02

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rampage mt pro?

Hello all. I'm looking to dive into 1:5 scale scene and was wondering if you all could help me out? First thing I'm troubled with is I don't know much about these beasts other than what I've read online. All my buddies including myself are into running nitro monster and stadium trucks so they're not alot of help. I'm leaning towards the Redcat Rampage MT Pro. I don't want ot start out having to upgrade right of the box and it looks like this truck won't need that. I'm not reaaly worried about the cost. I just wanna go out and bash. Are there any other MTs out there that I should be looking into or this a pretty good truck to start with?

Thanks all.
Old 04-03-2011, 01:52 PM
cheezer1222
My Feedback: (3)

Default RE: rampage mt pro?

The [link=http://www.nutechracingusa.com/nutechracing4wdmontertruck15scale.aspx]nutech mega monster[/link] is supposed to be pretty good. MCD makes good MT's, but they are pricier. I think people usually like FG MT's as well. Those are just off the top of my head. I'm sure there's a few more that I'm missing.

I have a rampage myself. It's a nice truck, but I probably would have went with a nutech had I known about it. People speak very highly of them. That would be my recommendation for you, so that you're not dropping a ton of money just getting into 1/5's.

Do plenty of research, wait for other suggestions from other people, and when you do get one, get yourself a kill switch right away.
Old 04-03-2011, 02:06 PM
wyattroa

I have no experience with Redcat so I will not comment on it. I was in the same position as you and was very seriously considering the rampage until someone mentioned the nutech. Long story short I am now the proud owner of nutech and love the thing. Others will also chime in for you.
Robert
Old 04-03-2011, 04:44 PM
Nitromarc3
My Feedback: (30)

where can I buy a newtech 4wd truck?
Old 04-03-2011, 06:06 PM
badboy2
My Feedback: (13)

http://www.nutechracingusa.com/ the sandstorm is on sale right now!youll be happy with it.
Old 04-04-2011, 05:19 PM
rob64n

I have 4 redcat's and wouldn't trade for anything else. the new XT andXB are really awesome r/c's. you could check out those @RAMPAGEHOPUPS.com
Old 04-05-2011, 07:20 AM
wyattroa

ORIGINAL: rob64n

I have 4 redcat's and wouldn't trade for anything else. the new XT and XB are really awesome r/c's. you could check out those @RAMPAGEHOPUPS.com
4 redcats? are they the same or different?
Old 04-05-2011, 07:35 AM
Sherv
My Feedback: (1)

I just checked the redcat rampage goes for 1100-1200 dollars man for that money you can get FG/MCD! I would look in that direction.

The options you have are

Buy an MCD Sport MT for 1150 and spend some extra money on some electronics to get it running (around 200 bucks)
or buy a nutech on sale and get the electronics and come out cheaper. But since you were willing to buy an 1100 dollar truck right off the bat then I'm sure you got some extra cash I'd go for MCD V4 MT.

So

MCD MT V4 1150
Electronics <200
Stock motor/pipe

or
Sale nutech for 630
Pipe for 160
stock motor
electronics <200
A new body (if you get the sandstorm.. the sandstorm body is BARF) <160

You can do more to the nutech with teh money left over or start off at a higher grade/level with the MCD but upgrade it over time. Personally I'd go with the MCD since you have money. If you can afford the Comp MCD model then go for that instead.
Old 05-10-2011, 09:30 PM
cd1374

wow... i dont know where your seeing redcats for 1200 bucks they are on ebay and rampagehopups.com all day for around 650.... i have an rampage mt and its a beast... i love it
Old 05-11-2011, 06:58 AM
RAMTech-HBF-LSF

Keep in mind the new MTs have a 30.5 motor with this shipment. The servos are also holding up well now, as far as I can tell, so Redcat is on the right track with these.
Old 05-11-2011, 07:21 AM
wyattroa

did you end up buying something?
Old 05-14-2011, 06:41 PM
Renovatio

He's talking about the Rampage MT PRO MT PRO boasts every available aluminum hop-up option along with a powerful 30cc HY engine, aluminum body oil filled shocks, generous 700 cc fuel tank capacity, oversized air filtration, pro tuned pipe, dual steering servos. The regular MTs are half the price.