Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

Hobbico's Nexstar ARF Wing mount Probs

Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

Hobbico's Nexstar ARF Wing mount Probs

Old 05-12-2011, 11:19 AM
eastcoast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hobbico's Nexstar ARF Wing mount Probs

I pretty much have a Nexstar built over the last few days, This is my second plane, bought a GP Cherokee last year. Love it. So i wanted something this year for some floats/Skis in Winter.9I know kinda backwards But... I wanted something that could take a hard landing or 2 or 3 lol. So i went with the Nexstar.
It has the wing bolt to the PivotFlex design. But for the life of me i can not get the Wing bolt aligned with the Mount. I tried the 2 that came with the Cherokee just too see if either of them would work but no luck. I did a bit of research but nothing really, there are a few threads here and there with a few different fixs etc... From tampering the Nut,(Which im not fussy on) too shaving out the inside of the Wing Mount hole,giving it more angle for the bolt!!
Im Just wondering if there's any more ideas/Mods.
There was a incident or 2 of the wing coming off. The manual says "push in the Bolt till you here a little snap then you are ready too tighten in, Ive heard the snap but only when its off to the side and miss's the block all together. There was the issue guys thinking the wing was secured too the mount, They say there is approx 1mm off set from the mount too bolt, But mine is way more then that.lol

Thought ARF's went together easy lol

Thanks
Old 05-12-2011, 02:31 PM
traiders
My Feedback: (3)

Default RE: Hobbico's Nexstar ARF Wing mount Probs

Sharpen the wing bolts a little with a pencil sharpner. This will help guide your bolts into mounting bracket and let you tighten wing down
Old 05-12-2011, 02:46 PM
treehanger

Checkout the Hobbico website under Nexstar ARF. Click on the Tech Notice.
This should be it:      http://www.hobbico.com/techsupport/hcaa2025tech.html
 Ihave a nexstar also but I didn't have to do this. Seems to fit okay after a couple of light crashes!
Ha. 

Old 05-12-2011, 04:13 PM
eastcoast

Cool guys!! thanks for the link. That should do the trick. Now i want too have a look on the fuel tank as well.

{Edit} WOW that was easy lol..i was afraid of tapering the Bolt but it worked perfect. I shaved off some of the top hole in the front aswell.
I think the taper is what did the trick,now its slips in the Mount hole Sweet.

Thanks again guys.

1 more thing i went a checked my lines from the tank they are as suggested ,the Muffler line was red on mine which is on the Vent so all is good.
May get a Maiden early next week.
Old 11-03-2022, 04:53 PM
OrcaBoat3

What was the answer to this wing-mount problem? Do you have an online link to the tech note?