Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter Beginners Forum
Reload this Page >

Max pitch raptor 50 for neewbie?

Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

Max pitch raptor 50 for neewbie?

Old 05-15-2011, 04:44 AM
reelquick

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Max pitch raptor 50 for neewbie?

I have hovered about 6 gallons through this thing and am starting to get a little more confident with for ward flight. I think that what is holding me back is the altitude this machine is capable of. Any thing above 10-12 feet I start to get squirrely, and find my self bring her right back to hover.
Any pointers?
Thank`s.
Old 05-15-2011, 05:03 AM
mike79

Default RE: Max pitch raptor 50 for neewbie?

Choosing words very carefully.... Myself and others.... Take it too a field and get on a buddy box, also leave the trainer gear on for awhile. The trainer isnt so much for if you have an accident but more of a stabilization weight and nothing is going to happen to me confidence builder. Also. An experience pilot will not only set blade pitch for each level of flying.( and show you how). But throttle curves and pitch curves change with changes in the heli. Now with that said...it is understandable some pilots can not get to a field or are force to learn themselves. It can be done but from what I have seen it can be very difficult. I wish you the best and soft landings.

P.S. Ooh and I forgot. If possible get a simluator. FMS is free and you can use your radio. Wish you the best.
Old 05-16-2011, 12:58 PM
reelquick

Default RE: Max pitch raptor 50 for neewbie?

Have a Sim and I can do loops and hover upside down, and anything else I can think of.....but of course I have a little rebuild reset button.It`s so much different than the real thing.
Yes I am self taught, and i think you confirmed my worst fear, that learning on your own sucks! I have been told this by many others on this sight.
I have tracked down a couple of instructors, bummer is there in the next state over.
Oh well, I guess the hour + ride is better than the 12 hours at the rebuilding table.
I`ll keep it at 0-5 till i get back to work after this strike is over.
Thanks.