Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

Where Have All The Kits Gone ?

Community
Search
Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

Where Have All The Kits Gone ?

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2011, 04:57 AM
Cdr.Instigator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Where Have All The Kits Gone ?

Thanks for the links
Old 04-22-2011, 03:12 PM
DUCO

I know where some are @, in my stash: Telemaster 40, TF Contender, CG Eagle II (one being built, one on the shelf), CG Tiger II, CG Falcon III and TF Cessna 182. I also have my eye set on a Fly'n King next w/gas motor.
There are many kits out there, but seems like everyone selling one on eBay thinks it is worth a small mint, then you get the guy who runs your max bid to the almost max of yourhighest bid and stops.
Old 04-22-2011, 06:16 PM
Constrictor
My Feedback: (46)

ORIGINAL: DUCO

I know where some are @, in my stash: Telemaster 40, TF Contender, CG Eagle II (one being built, one on the shelf), CG Tiger II, CG Falcon III and TF Cessna 182. I also have my eye set on a Fly'n King next w/gas motor.
There are many kits out there, but seems like everyone selling one on eBay thinks it is worth a small mint, then you get the guy who runs your max bid to the almost max of your highest bid and stops. [img][/img]
You do realize the bidders bidding the kit up high are the ones setting the "mint price" not the sellers dont you?
Old 04-22-2011, 07:35 PM
DUCO

You sir are right on that factoid, but my walk thru the world of eBay has revealed this fact too, it is not always the bidder who sits the bar high. I believe that to be a more honest answer! ie: kit found in estate, selling for friend, sold as is, do know much about, but starting price double or triple what sold for because they see 1988 printed on the box.I should know, I have bought and sold enough thru eBay. This is not the only items (kits) I purchase. But you are right, the bidder can and does drive the prices thru the roof. But hey, you and I know the adage , if you don't agree, don't buy.
ORIGINAL: Constrictor

ORIGINAL: DUCO

There are many kits out there, but seems like everyone selling one on eBay thinks it is worth a small mint, then you get the guy who runs your max bid to the almost max of yourhighest bid and stops. [img][/img]
You do realize the bidders bidding the kit up high are the ones setting the "mint price" not the sellers dont you?
Old 04-30-2011, 10:15 AM
cherry629
My Feedback: (29)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The ones I can afford come here LOL,Les
Old 05-03-2011, 05:16 AM
elanharper

guillows kits www.guillow.com
Old 05-07-2011, 08:18 PM
edmoor
My Feedback: (1)

hear too much talk about people not having the time to build a kit is why they buy arfs?....stay off the pc....you will find you have more time than you know what to do with. stop buying arfs.....our kits will return to the market!!!
Old 05-08-2011, 09:18 AM
tailskid
My Feedback: (34)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Just picked up a Midwest .40 'Stick'
Old 05-08-2011, 10:28 AM
fujiman
My Feedback: (133)

m.a.news has plans for sale of all sorts of planes scale, sport, etc. you can then send in the plans to a kit cutter like cornell micheals (recommended) foam wings by eureka aircraft, or cut out the parts if you have the time!!!!!! very satisfing. and you can build a plane just the way YOU want (no chin. junk and no junky glue joints!!!!). i have a plane set for a 1/6th scale p-51 that i am modifing into the ''Tsunsomi'' reno racer. sense i have the plans and kit i can ''recut'' the parts to make the racer. another good source for larger plane plans is nick ziroli. another great way of building is design you ''own'' plane and scratch build it from your plans. you can plot your own airfoils and use hardware supplied wood yard sticks for the spar, you just have to go through the stack to find the straightest one. the yard sticks have the inches on them so you can use that to space out the ribs. there are many articles out there to help you with aero-dynamics and how to balance a plane that make that very easy. so silence your fears, jump in with both feet design and draw your own plans and build that dream plane you have always wanted!!!!!!! fujiman. and REMEMBER always fly in the middle of the air, danger lurks out at the edges!!!!!!!
Old 05-10-2011, 07:59 PM
KaP2011
My Feedback: (17)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Wing Mfg. still makes some nice "short kits". And at a very reasonable price too. I just ordered a P-51 for $49.99.

www.wingmfg.com

Old 05-11-2011, 02:47 AM
nitrobomber

I have been looking at Wing mfg's web site also...but you know what I have found as an alternative to kits ? Finding old models in yard sales or auctions that are in dis repair and then stripping them down and rebuilding is fun and rewarding, and usually interesting to see how they were put together by the original builder. You can usually find the used and abused ones for cheap cheap cheap...some repair and some mods/ covering....
Old 05-12-2011, 06:08 PM
edmoor

ORIGINAL: fujiman

m.a.news has plans for sale of all sorts of planes scale, sport, etc. you can then send in the plans to a kit cutter like cornell micheals (recommended) foam wings by eureka aircraft, or cut out the parts if you have the time!!!!!! very satisfing. and you can build a plane just the way YOU want (no chin. junk and no junky glue joints!!!!). i have a plane set for a 1/6th scale p-51 that i am modifing into the ''Tsunsomi'' reno racer. sense i have the plans and kit i can ''recut'' the parts to make the racer. another good source for larger plane plans is nick ziroli. another great way of building is design you ''own'' plane and scratch build it from your plans. you can plot your own airfoils and use hardware supplied wood yard sticks for the spar, you just have to go through the stack to find the straightest one. the yard sticks have the inches on them so you can use that to space out the ribs. there are many articles out there to help you with aero-dynamics and how to balance a plane that make that very easy. so silence your fears, jump in with both feet design and draw your own plans and build that dream plane you have always wanted!!!!!!! fujiman. and REMEMBER always fly in the middle of the air, danger lurks out at the edges!!!!!!!
i wouldnt have cornell micheals cut my finger nails....he is a jerk!!! ripped me on my short kit!! JMO!!!
Old 05-12-2011, 10:44 PM
fujiman
My Feedback: (133)

WOW!!!!!!!!!! cornell cut me a kit of the hughes racer H-1 and it is just bueatifully done. sorry for your bad experience!!!!!!! have you tried to work it out with him?????? at least give him a chance at a reply!!!!!!! fujiman
Old 05-16-2011, 03:03 PM
GaryHarris

I did my part to keep kit building and Sig alive this weekend. I ordered a LT 40 and 4*60.
Old 05-16-2011, 03:45 PM
mschulz531

I'm getting ready to order a Daddy-O from Stevens AeroModel...I'm very excited about this one...it is one really cool looking plane.

http://www.stevensaero.com/StevensAe....-p-19952.html

Old 05-16-2011, 05:29 PM
DUCO

Add another to the list, a Senior Telemaster.
Old 05-16-2011, 05:38 PM
ARUP

Look at Aerosente.com if you are interested in scale sailplanes! I have a made purchases there and the kits are really nice. I am getting a 1/4 scale 1-23 'fat' kit- just placed order. I want to build Paul Bikle's record breaking red and white bird. The service is top notch. Mike Smock will answer e-m ???'s promptly. They are having a 'sale' tomorrow so don't delay!
Old 05-17-2011, 11:14 AM
dabrown

Concept Models

I ran across this when I was looking at buying a Concept Models Fleet 1/4 scale bipe. I ended up buying an old kit from an individual, but otherwise I would have bought one from the Concept site. Not sure if it's active, but the site lets you put the kit into the shopping cart...

I believe they make the kits to order, hence the 2 to 4 weeks delivery. It also appears to be the only plane they kit, nowadays.

http://www.conceptmodelsllc.com/Site...pt_Models.html

BTW, is there an updated/updatable list somewhere of all the kits identified in this thread?

Dave
Old 05-18-2011, 05:21 AM
warbirdcolors
My Feedback: (5)

Uniquie aircraft here:

www.vanvan.us
Old 05-20-2011, 11:41 AM
davidgeorge212

I have a 100cc motor but no plane for it to go on. Anyone ever seen any kits or plans for planes in the 100cc engine size that arnt 3D? I would like to something more scale or sport scale. I am aware of all that AMR sells but Im wanting to see what else is out there. I have seen a few wendell hostetler plans for 100cc but most of what I have found only recomend up to about 80cc.
Old 05-20-2011, 07:24 PM
mylamo

Don Turnock at EUREKAAIRCRAFT.com calssic pattern and some
other selections.
Old 05-20-2011, 07:35 PM
mschulz531

ORIGINAL: mylamo

Don Turnock at EUREKAAIRCRAFT.com calssic pattern and some
other selections.
Thanks for the link...looks like a good selection there!
Old 06-26-2011, 04:00 PM
Gary L. Sr.

I have been building for about 60 years and now find myself scratch building because of the prohibitive cost which equals greed! Too bad! It use to be a great father/son hobby!! Gary L. Sr.
Old 06-26-2011, 08:24 PM
willig10

Well I thought I was going to be the new owner of a 1/3 scale sig Spacewalker. I had the high bid on Fleabay until the last second. Guy out bid me by 5 bucks. What a shame. I was so looking forward to that build.

I have a feeling the guy that was auctioning the plane had another account and was bidding me up to see how high I would go. Oh well if that was the case it was his loss.

Looking elsewhere for another kit.

Glenn Williams
Old 06-26-2011, 08:29 PM
rickbrad
My Feedback: (30)

Ebay is so chump. RCU is a good place to get kits...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.