Notices
RC Airboats Discuss R/C Airboats here!

New build DONE

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2011, 08:38 PM
203_morris

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New build DONE

ok you all won.............ran boat in my pond today,,,,,changed the engine and ran it with an older 61.........let it loose and it ran nice but very shy on the numbers top speed best out of 4 runs was only 44 mph....putting the 52 back on it andsellingit,, have one more BSB left to work on and no more ,guessing i have an os max 160 FX and see what it will do with that on it,,,, hope I made every ones day ,,,,,,,,
Old 05-18-2011, 05:35 AM
dadkins

44 is darn fast for a BSB -
Old 05-18-2011, 06:11 AM
beidave

Dame, If mine hit's 44mph I'll be happy. Looks good and now runs good.
Old 05-18-2011, 07:37 AM
203_morris

not realy ,, I guess I was excpecting a lot more from it,, and that was with my old 61 and I do not have a large assortment of props ,, i put my os max 160 FX on it to day and was going to take it out but it is pouring rain today so it will have to wait ,, thanks for the compliment,,
Old 05-18-2011, 07:45 AM
203_morris

thanks,,, wish it would have done alot better,, thought for sure it would I have a new os max 160 FX I put that engine on it today ,,was going to take it out but it is pouring rain,, How ever i am a bit nervous over using this os looks very big hope its not to top heavey, when i started it and throtteled up in my garage it seems like it is pulling the boat in the same direction that the prop is spinning almost like it wants to flip over just on the stand, well see what happens..let yea know...
Old 05-18-2011, 08:00 AM
203_morris

By the way I have a friend in colorado, he is building a BSB and it is a brand new kit from dumas but he is building it to his speck's he told me that he was building the out side hulls  so they are two peaces and building the center of the boat in one peace and making the center part of the boat into a rigger,, with an airplane tail in the shape of a V, he told me it would be 56 inches long,I asked him to list it on this site when he is finished with it he said he would .
Old 05-18-2011, 01:12 PM
gatorich

44 Is hauling for a swamp buggy with any motor. I have a swamp buggy and tried many combos on it from 46fx 55ax to 61fx with at least 10 different props and could never get it to do what I wanted.

If speed is what you are looking for you should pick up a SI3 60 series kit. The plywood material is all baltic birch and laser cut compared to stamped out luan that needs endless sanding in the bsb kit and you can build a SI3 out in 8-10 hours. Ever since I got my first SI3 ( I have three ) the bsb is no more than a paper weight now.

With a OS 61FX you can truly hit 50-55mph STOCK, and if you add a pipe and trick it out a bit the sky is the limit. I gain nothing from telling you about the SI kit I just figured if you want real speed that is the place to start.
Old 05-18-2011, 05:28 PM
203_morris

yea I would like something like that,, and I am going to check them out for real,, but this thing with the BSB is like a vandeta to me, i Have a new os max 160 FX i put on my BSB and will take it to the pond tomorrow not sure what will happen but , its a hard thiing to let go of,, I am having a hard time convincing my self that these BSB wont get up over 40 ,, ill try this 106 see what happens ... but I am going to look at he boats you just talked about thanks for the infor on them , let you know what i decide on doing....probbly pick one up...thanks
Old 05-23-2011, 08:55 PM
203_morris

I tried to install my new os max 160 FX but could not fit it on there with out doing some mods to the engine mount,thought it would be better to build another boat for that engine,, but the 52 is back on it with a couple of mods ,,done to it lowered the fuel tank and cut down on rudder space,, and yes a nylon prop ,,,