Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > T-Rex heli
Reload this Page >

Trex-550 & DX6i Specktrum PROBLEM

Notices
T-Rex heli For all you T-Rex lovers out there, this where you can post!

Trex-550 & DX6i Specktrum PROBLEM

Old 05-18-2011, 09:34 AM
FlyingFish
My Feedback: (17)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trex-550 & DX6i Specktrum PROBLEM

Recently I had purchased A Trex-550 helicopter and a Spektrum 2.4Ghz DX6i radio with a AR6210 Rx. Im not new to Helicopters but I am new to Collective pitch, for the past 8 years I've only flown Corona 120 fixed pitch helis, but now I want to advance.
I've managed to teach myself how to navigate and understand the Specktrum DX6i computer radio fairly well and learned about CMPP fairly well, however Im having a setup problem and im not sure if its me or a defect in the radio with this particular set-up problem.

From what I learned about CMPP it seems the Trex550 SWASH TYPE should be setup with 120 degree CCPM, not 90, even the 550 manual says to set it at 120 degrees. But when I set the DX6i Radio "swash type" to 120 degrees no servos respond to any Tx stick commands and all servos lock up buzz and glitch.

Now if I set the DX6i "swash Type" to 90 degrees, then all servos work properly, but of course I get only one servo moving for pitch when the throttle stick is pushed forward, because thats for mechanical mixing only!
So why is the whole system locking up when "Swash Type" on the Dx6i is set to 120 Degrees? Is their something that needs to be unlocked in settings somewhere ???
Old 05-18-2011, 03:05 PM
Goran619
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: Trex-550 & DX6i Specktrum PROBLEM

You may have to unscrew the servo horns and recenter them after you switch to the 120 ccmp, also you will need to reverse 1 or 2 channels to get the swash to move in the correct direction. You will have to play with them to figure out the correct movement,  I have set a 450 on a DX6i before I just don't remember the proper settings.
Jordan
Old 05-18-2011, 04:54 PM
gi1mo2

I don't know the DX6i, but on my DX7, I have to use the Swash Mix (positive and negative), Servo Travel and Norman/Reverse servo switches in order to the get right travel, direction and combined movement. Servos on my helis are different.
Old 05-18-2011, 07:36 PM
FlyingFish

well if these servos dont move in the right direction then they need to be reset, centered or whatever, but it seems im not getting any response from the servos when i apply commands from the Tx, and the servos just keep jumping, unless maybe 2 servos are trying to pull in opposite directions at the same time causing this problem..?, i dont know, i'll pop off the links and see what the servos do on there own.
Old 05-19-2011, 10:14 AM
FlyingFish

Problem Solved !!!!!! The battery I was using was pretty much dead, not giving enough power to operate all 3 servos at once......lol
flyingfish <- Receives the 2011 dummy awards........