Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

hitec 2.4 module for JR 10X

Old 05-20-2011, 06:32 PM
DrYankum
My Feedback: (11)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hitec 2.4 module for JR 10X

I got a Hitec spectra 2.4 module to convert in my JR 10X. I've installed a 6 channel Optima receiver in a Fliton Jesky Extra 330 as a test bed for 2.4. I've been on the 6 meter ham band for 20 years but some of the events I go to now require 2.4 only. At any rate, when I power on the transmitter with the 2.4 module in place, only 1 of the 2 pilots lights on the Tx light up. It does this on both my 10Xs. A google search failed to give me any info as to whether this is a normal conditon for this module. I haven't range checked yet, but even if the range is correct I'm still reluctant to put the model at risk. On the bench the link is solid and everything seems to work properly. Any one have any insight on this?
Old 05-20-2011, 06:37 PM
A.T.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: hitec 2.4 module for JR 10X

ORIGINAL: DrYankum I got a Hitec spectra 2.4 module to convert in my JR 10X. I've installed a 6 channel Optima receiver in a Fliton Jesky Extra 330 as a test bed for 2.4. I've been on the 6 meter ham band for 20 years but some of the events I go to now require 2.4 only. At any rate, when I power on the transmitter with the 2.4 module in place, only 1 of the 2 pilots lights on the Tx light up. It does this on both my 10Xs. A google search failed to give me any info as to whether this is a normal conditon for this module. I haven't range checked yet, but even if the range is correct I'm still reluctant to put the model at risk. On the bench the link is solid and everything seems to work properly. Any one have any insight on this?
No 10TX immediately available to check,but suspect it is the same as Futaba 9C etc.
One LED will not light because it usually lights to confirm PPMRF output is activefrom standard antenna.
2.4GHz does not emit via the standard antenna so the TXPPMRFactive light will not light up,the AFHSSmodule emits red/blue light in lieu thereof.

A little later:
JR-10X:
"That is correct, The LED on the right indicates RF and is a true indication that RF is being generated. ie Detected, rectified and used to drive the LED. If you use a 3rd party plug in module for 2.4 GHz, the LED will remain dark. "

more under: Hitec Support Fourm Sticky:
Aurora 9, Spectra 2.4GHz Module & Optima Transceivers - FAQ & Undocumented Features
- Mixes, Setups, Tips. {Individual Links often updated}

Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links
Old 05-20-2011, 06:50 PM
DrYankum
My Feedback: (11)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: hitec 2.4 module for JR 10X

Thanks Alan....seems reasonable.
Jerry