RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

Official HPI MT2 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2011, 01:38 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Official HPI MT2 Thread

ORIGINAL: SLAYERDUDE

+1! Dirt Hawgs are my alltime favorite ST bashing tire!
Never wear out unless you are just roasting the tires on pavement with an RC10GT..
And wheelies on pavement with the GT no problem!
Here's a bald one from roasting em with a stock O.S. .12

I have mine on a 4wd electric tamiya buggy that I slapped a RC10 body on

They still look like new though
I think I paid $5 for the rim set they were thrown out on clearance at my LHS from what I remember.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Vt56646.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	132.3 KB
ID:	1610943   Click image for larger version

Name:	Xs59002.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	50.7 KB
ID:	1610944  
Old 05-18-2011, 08:19 PM
unclezesta
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

as long as we're talking about tires, anyone run proline mashers? they look like a fun bash tire.

also, good sand tire anyone?
Old 05-19-2011, 01:53 AM
bluemt2g3.0

Braking strength. There is only one pad so you dont have the front rear balance. This is the setup I use for my throttle/brake set up
Cheers m8,
so which ways stronger, just my brakes @ the mo are crap
Old 05-19-2011, 04:33 AM
KeithjV

If you use the setup like I have and get a high torque servo. The stock servo isnt very strong
Old 05-19-2011, 06:28 AM
SyCo_VeNoM

ORIGINAL: unclezesta

as long as we're talking about tires, anyone run proline mashers? they look like a fun bash tire.

yea used to run them on my MT2 before I went to 2.8inch rims with the HB Lightning GT10 ST tires (they are the same outer diameter as masher 2ks)
to make em work you will have to cut the wheel well out slightly to allow it to turn or it will catch the body.
The mashers worked great IMO Would still use them on my MT2 but its just that I got a few sets of the lightning GT10 tires for a steal ($5 a set of 4), and 2 of my mashers needed to be replaced(I got 2 used, and bought 2 new) so the GT10 tires were cheaper in the end for same diameter
Old 05-19-2011, 09:08 AM
unclezesta

nice! thanks man, im looking for something to lift me up out of the grass a little more. ill have to check out those gt10 st tires too...
Old 05-19-2011, 12:31 PM
bluemt2g3.0

ive herd masher 2k's are a bit too big and heavy for an mt2?
how do they compare to dirt hawgs?
SLAYERPRO, how do the blitz wheels fare?

also, any1 runnin shock socks? do savage ones fit?

(sry for a mahoosive overload of questions in a sinlge post)
Old 05-19-2011, 01:35 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

the mashers are quite a bit heavier, and will slow it down a tad. But they are so big they act like a 2nd set of shocks
In my case I need bigger tires for when I drive out front due to the poor state my street is in(or what the city calls a street). I mainly own MT's for a reason

On the Lightning GT10 tires They were DC'd a while back I bought them straight from hotbodies over a year ago when they did a giant blow out sale to get rid of the overstock on DC'd RC parts they had (also picked up 3 sets of savage tires + rims for $5-$10 a set, and 8 sets of 1/10th scale buggy tires for $3 a set ) Finding a set now might be extremely hard. I also needed to get 14mm hex's (think they came from a pede) to use the rims.
Old 05-22-2011, 02:41 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

OK found a pic of my MT2 with the lightning GT10 rims/tires
didn't know I took actually had a pic of it
Only real issue with the rims is they have a lil less offset than the HPI wheely king rims so they are closer to the body

Name:	Vt57919.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	93.3 KB
ID:	1613045  
Old 05-22-2011, 04:12 PM
unclezesta

damn, those look really good. its like a truggy wheel with an all terain tire.
Old 05-22-2011, 04:47 PM
prestonlal

Hey SyCo, I'm looking for some measurements of the mt2, for a project I have in mind. Can you tell me the width of the entire axle from wheel nut to wheel nut for the from axle as well as the rear axle? On either the nitro MT or the MT2.

Looking to pick up a rally body, but it's pretty wide at the axles..about 240mm front and rear..

Thanks for any info...
Old 05-23-2011, 02:48 AM
aidtwo

ORIGINAL: SyCo_VeNoM

yea used to run them on my MT2 before I went to 2.8inch rims with the HB Lightning GT10 ST tires (they are the same outer diameter as masher 2ks)
to make em work you will have to cut the wheel well out slightly to allow it to turn or it will catch the body.
The mashers worked great IMO Would still use them on my MT2 but its just that I got a few sets of the lightning GT10 tires for a steal ($5 a set of 4), and 2 of my mashers needed to be replaced(I got 2 used, and bought 2 new) so the GT10 tires were cheaper in the end for same diameter
@SyCo_VeNoM - Thank you for sharing the info on the MT2 tires and wheels. I'm new to the MT2 nitro trucks and I'm looking around for 2.8 (inch?) black wheels to match with some tires for higher clearance off-road bashing. It is not clear to me what tires/wheels fit and/or if any changes need to made to the stock setup to fit larger sizes (you noted haveing to cut wheels). Icurrently have what I believe to be are the stock HPI racing dirt bonz tires/wheels that came with the truck.

Any recommendations beyond the HB tires/wheels?

Old 05-23-2011, 01:13 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

ORIGINAL: aidtwo

ORIGINAL: SyCo_VeNoM

@SyCo_VeNoM - Thank you for sharing the info on the MT2 tires and wheels. I'm new to the MT2 nitro trucks and I'm looking around for 2.8 (inch?) black wheels to match with some tires for higher clearance off-road bashing. It is not clear to me what tires/wheels fit and/or if any changes need to made to the stock setup to fit larger sizes (you noted haveing to cut wheels). I currently have what I believe to be are the stock HPI racing dirt bonz tires/wheels that came with the truck.

Any recommendations beyond the HB tires/wheels?

outher diameter is around 4.9 inches
I had to cut the wheel well on the body to make it larger to allow the tire to spin freely when I turn the wheels

prestonlal According to tower (they sound about right from what I remember, kinda misplaced my tape measue at the moment)
Wheelbase: 11.75" (298mm) wheels on-center front-to-rear
Tread-Front: 10.25" (260mm)
Rear: 10.75" (273mm) wheels on-center side-to-side
Front Track: 12.5" (317mm)
Rear Track: 12.5" (317mm) wheels at outer edges

IMO persay a rally body won't work. I made a rally out of one, and ended up using a HPI Savage body on it, and HPI RS4 arms. I also had issues finding tires that looked right for the body, and ended up with traxxas 1/16th slash tires on it
shock towers are off the super rally (wish I remembered the parts list) body posts are from the RS4
That is an electric converted one, but outside the 2 plates everything would work for a nitro edition(I might turn it back to nitro actually)
I'll be honest I wanted the charger body more so for it (I think it would have looked better), but my LHS had a deal I couldn't pass up on the cude when I was looking (70% of on it)

Name:	Nl28512.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	129.3 KB
ID:	1613578   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fa87218.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	45.8 KB
ID:	1613579  
Old 05-23-2011, 05:38 PM
mercerbeef

will a MTDT body fit on a MT2?
Old 05-26-2011, 03:22 PM
unclezesta

hahaha, rally cuda. i like it.
Old 05-30-2011, 06:36 AM
Ruger-777

Got a chance todosome bashinon my little back yard track yesterday. The soil around here is about 2" of black topsoil then sugar sand as far as you can dig so my track ended up having a semi-hard pack bottom with a little loose sand on top on the straights, lots ofloose sand in the cornersand I brought in two loads of a clay mixfor all the jumps. All the loose sand can present a good challengegetting traction out of the corners so you can line up to hit the jumps straight in a short distanceand still be going fast enough to clearit . anyway I pulled out the MT2 and rustlerand it was like night and day as far as controllability, the MT2 was much better,Obviously the rustler is 2wd so that was taken into consideration but it could not handle the corners nearly as well, I thought I would be able to slide around the corners with it and still maintain some speed but that wasn't the case, if it didn't wash out completely it fishtailed so bad youI couldn'tline up with the jumps. maybe it was because the front end is so light, maybe its my inexperience inrunning 2wd trucks or maybe it was justthe firsttime I had seen a 2wd and4x4 run next to each other.The MT2 however was like it was on rails, It ended up being one of those days when all the time, money and tinkering to get your truck to perform the wayyou imagined it would all come togetherand it makes you remember why its all worth it. It was a blast but I ended up breaking the wing mount on a bad landing anyone know of one that will work with the cf tower? my last one was kind of a custom deal. and my pull start isnot working for meI don't know if its the OWB or what but it keeps slipping and wont turn it over, I have taken itapart twice now and inspected it for cracks and cleaned it all up with denatured alcohol but it keeps slipping, I want to try out a roto start and new OWB , has any one put one on a os18 cv-rx? I cant seem to findone that will work.
Old 05-30-2011, 06:53 PM
chevymanmike1010
My Feedback: (11)

Can somebody please tell me if the black bodied hpi mt2 thats for sell on this site is actually a mt2? i cant tell the difference between the mt1 and mt2. i know he put a new .15 motor on it but he says it a g3.0 chassis. just want to make sure cause i want a mt2, not a mt1 or mt1 converted to mt2. an actual mt2. thanks guys.
Old 05-30-2011, 08:31 PM
KeithjV

Hard to tell from those pictures. You would need to get more shots from him to know for sure
Old 05-31-2011, 07:27 AM
SyCo_VeNoM

ORIGINAL: chevymanmike1010

Can somebody please tell me if the black bodied hpi mt2 thats for sell on this site is actually a mt2? i cant tell the difference between the mt1 and mt2. i know he put a new .15 motor on it but he says it a g3.0 chassis. just want to make sure cause i want a mt2, not a mt1 or mt1 converted to mt2. an actual mt2. thanks guys.
if its http://www.rcuniverse.com/market/item.cfm?itemId=748929
yes that is an MT2
clear defining features are the body mounts/ shock towers, front bumper, battery box, RX cover, and chassis color
Old 06-05-2011, 01:20 PM
RCJuice

I just put a 2 speed transmission in to my MT2, and for some reason it seems to have quite a bit of rolling resistance now.  I have taken it apart and put everything back together a few times and dosn't see anything out of the ordinary.  Even with the engine/clutchbell removed it rolls like the brakes are dragging (the brakes are not dragging though, there is plenty of freeplay in the rotor). Is this normal with the 2 speed?
Old 06-06-2011, 09:43 AM
SerpentCT4S

I recently got my hands on a carbon fiber upper deck!

Old 06-08-2011, 11:46 AM
KeithjV

with the two speed out does the truck roll freely?
Does the two speed turn freely out of the truck?
Old 06-08-2011, 03:09 PM
RCJuice

ORIGINAL: KeithjV

with the two speed out does the truck roll freely?
Does the two speed turn freely out of the truck?

Yes on both, it's a little odd. I don't see anything binding at all but it still just feels a little tight when I roll it. I'm out of town for work right now but I'm going to take it out this Friday and see how it drives.
Old 06-12-2011, 03:55 PM
RCJuice

So I took it out on Friday and everything works great.  It all seems to have "settled in". Man this thing is cool with the 2 speed now.  I have it all set up/lowered for on road use only and it's so much fun to drive!
Old 06-12-2011, 04:05 PM
SerpentCT4S

What is required to install a 2 speed tranny?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.