Community
Search
Notices
Profile and Fun Flying Planes If you're a profile fan or into fun flyers than this is the forum to discuss those topics.

Not for sale

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2011, 05:24 PM
Al Stein

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Not for sale

For sizes and guidance, Laser Design Systems has a scan of the article posted at...
[link=http://www.laser-design-services.com/aircraft/Notforsale%20construction.pdf]http://www.laser-design-services.com/aircraft/Notforsale%20construction.pdf[/link]

Some of the sizes are given in the text but they're pretty much all included on the plans if they're clear enough to read. M.A.N. was always top of the heap for plans in their articles being ROUGH quality images and rarely more than one page shown, and NFS lives up to that reputation, but at least the original is readable.
Old 06-06-2011, 10:14 AM
gard72977
My Feedback: (3)

I started reading the post and decided I wanted to build a Notforsale. I ordered the plans and finally got the time to start. I have the plane in the bones and ready to cover. The pic was taken before the righe ale was built and I have added a few gussets to the rudder and stablizer. I used foam board on the inside of the fuse walls. It really made this plane tight on the inside. It has been fun to build. This is my first build from plans.

Old 06-16-2011, 04:57 AM
Mike Mangus

Wow. I was just thinking of this plane last night even before stumbling across this thread this morning. Karma? Heh.

Right after the construciton article arrived in the form of MAN magazine, I built a modified version of the NFS. The wing was from a 44" fun fly boom type design that suffered a few crashes ... we stripped the broken boom and engine mount off and stuck NFS style wingtips on the wing. I didn't like the original's fixed wing feature, so did some plan bashing by leveling the top of the fuse for a removable shoulder mounted wing. From the wing TE, the fuse angled upwards to the rudder to keep that distinctive NFS look. The rest of the plane was built to the plan for the most part. A venerable Royal .40 was pressed into service for power.

We called it "Almost Not For Sale". Lol.

As it turned out, that plane was an amazing flyer. It could do things that most planes couldn't at the time. The plane was finally lost after that worn out fun fly wing finally gave out.

What got me thinking about it last night was the need for a good flying, reliable, acrobatic sport plane for everyday flying. Hmmm ... maybe it is time to ressurect it.