Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Michigan Jets 2011 Annual charity Jet Fly

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Michigan Jets 2011 Annual charity Jet Fly

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2011, 01:31 PM
jet wings

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Michigan Jets 2011 Annual charity Jet Fly

It is with great sadness that we note the passing of our friend, Dr. Burt Eisenberg, one of the founders of The Michigan Jets Annual Charity Jet Fly.

Burt passed away at home on Friday May 13th. , after a brief but valiant fight against cancer. He is survived by his wife, Sheila; daughters and sons-in-law and grandchildren:

Tracy and Gary Naftaly, children Jessica and Ashley
Lorey and Steven Zlotnick children Asher and Jonah
Marcy and Alan Newman children Brendan and Courtney
Burt was an avid modeler, visionary and friend to many on this Forum. He will be sorely missed.

In memory of Burt, Michigan Jets will henceforth be known as

Michigan Jets
The Annual Burt Eisenberg Memorial Charity Jet Fly

Yes, we are carrying on the dream!

This year, Michigan Jets will be held from Thursday August 11th - Sunday August 14th.

Setup day will be Thursday, Open Flying starts after 1PM till dusk.
Friday/Saturday Flying 9:30AM - 5:00 PM
Sunday Flying 9:30AM - 2:00 PM

There's ample parking for vehicles and trailers, plus limited-service RV parking on-site.
Enjoy 4400 x 75 feet of PAVED CONCRETE Full - Scale runway and virtually unlimited model flying airspace!

There'll be a BIG 120ft x 40ft. tent for pilots, space available first-come-first-served.
Check the website for more details and pilots' registration. Register soon, and reserve your tent space!

The roll call starts right now on this thread!!

See y'all in August!

George Thomas
CD Michigan Jets / Burt Eisenberg Memorial Jet Fly
Old 05-25-2011, 05:09 PM
Jetpilot24
My Feedback: (21)

Received 29 Likes on 20 Posts
Default RE: Michigan Jets 2011 Annual charity Jet Fly

George
Burt will be greatly missed in this hobby. Our prayers and thoughts are with his family.

Joe and Amy Lewis
Old 05-26-2011, 05:38 AM
AndyLow

Hi George

Burt was a fixture at our local club and events. He was always willing to help. His heart was with Michigan Jets - even till the last days - when I visited him, one of the first things he was concerned about was MI Jets. He will certainly be missed!

We will support and carry on the dream!

ElectroDynamics will set up a table under the BIG tent at Michigan Jets / The Burt Eisenberg Memorial Jet Fly - and TEAM ElectroDynamics will be in attendance (read logging flight time), with our turbines and EDF's! ...And maybe a special treat - Chris "Viper" Tucker is now prepping a BIG F-117 with.... wait for it.... wait for it.... a 50cc gas motor in front!! Yikes, one of those "stirring sticks" in front, but it's a model of a jet airplane, right???

Hope to see y'all there!!

Andy Low
[link=http://electrodynam.com]ElectroDynamics[/link]
Home of No-Hassle RC Electronics
Old 05-26-2011, 06:26 AM
Veritech

Thanks for posting this George, Burt will certainly be missed! My thoughts and prayers go out to Shelia and their family

This is a great way to honor someone who has done so much for jet flying and for charity in Michigan. I will definitely be there this year to lend a hand and help continue this long standing event!

-Randy DesRosiers
Old 05-26-2011, 04:48 PM
Blueleader
My Feedback: (91)

Hello,

WOW, Burt will truly be completely missed he was a dear friend of mine.
To honor him by the rededication of the old Michigan Jets event in his name is a first-class thing to do!

This event for years his been the best jet event for me, from the charity it represents to the
folks that run it. Now I really look forward flying for what it stands for this year and hopefully
many more years to come.

Team ElectroDynamics Demo Pilot
www.electrodynam.com

Call sign...."Viper"