Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.
View Poll Results: A poll
JR 9503
6.65%
JR 11X
6.33%
JR 12X
4.75%
Futaba 12FGA
7.28%
Futaba 8FGA
15.66%
Futaba 10CAG
6.80%
Hitec Aurora 9
26.42%
Airtronics SD-10G
11.23%
Spectrum DX8
12.50%
Spectrum DX10t
2.37%
Voters: 632. You may not vote on this poll

Which New 2.4 Transmitter Would You Choose?

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2011, 03:28 PM
JIMF14D

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Which New 2.4 Transmitter Would You Choose?

That is pretty cool.

Maybe we could get heart rate monitor announcemnts. You know "Pilot heart rate exceeding medical guide lines-throttle back and resume level controlled flight-land now"

Just a thought.....
Old 05-30-2011, 06:48 PM
vertical grimmace
My Feedback: (1)

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

I just need to teach her how to say "ready...turn!" at just the right time. (for pylon racing practice) The telemetry was a big selling point for me. I have always loved my Futaba stuff, but I do not have brand loyalty.
Old 06-01-2011, 03:24 PM
Slats!

And here you have it right from the company. Hitec is a good company they will fix it right away I am sure.....

http://hitecrcd.com/blog/?cat=7

ORIGINAL: BuschBarber

So how does that thread support the notion that the A9 is a faulty radio, as insinuated by some in this thread?
Old 06-01-2011, 03:30 PM
T. Bob
My Feedback: (9)

ONE MORE PROBLEM WITH HITEC

This was posted yesterday on HiTec's web site;

"May 31st, 2011
WARNING – 2.4GHz AFHSS System locks out when used with an optical kill switch.

Hitec USA’s service department has received reports that some users of our 2.4GHz AFHSS System have experienced system lockouts that have resulted in the loss of control of their aircraft. While there are several factors that can contribute to this, including poor power distribution or improper equipment installation, the increased volume of these reports has prompted an investigation in order to determine the cause. Our preliminary observations have suggested that the use of Optical Kill devices in conjunction with ignition engines is somehow causing our system to fail.

In light of this discovery it is suggested that users of our 2.4GHz AFHSS system discontinue the use of Optical Kill switches until a determination into the cause of these failures is made and a solution is found. We sincerely apologize for this situation and to anyone that has been affected by this issue."

I am starting to lose confidence in the HiTec systems. Jittering issues on the 7950TH servos, strange things reported with software upgrades and now this.

http://hitecrcd.com/blog/?cat=7

GREAT RADIO GUYS I COULD SEE WHY YOU WOULD TAKE ONE OF THESE "radios" OVER A FUTABA, JR / SPECTRUM.
Old 06-01-2011, 03:59 PM
BuschBarber
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think you will find that RC radios from any manufacturer will encounter issues, such as compatibility with various environments, that subsequently need to be addressed. It is admirable that Hitec is up front about these issues.
Old 06-02-2011, 04:47 AM
JIMF14D

T Bob got his jollies for the day bashing Hitec!
Old 06-02-2011, 06:18 AM
Slats!

Admirable??? Its their obligation and any respectable company would come forward and they all do.

I have to laugh when people go on about service. You only need service when things F up....

I think you will find that RC radios from any manufacturer will encounter issues, such as compatibility with various environments, that subsequently need to be addressed. It is admirable that Hitec is up front about these issues.
Old 06-02-2011, 06:34 AM
BuschBarber

ORIGINAL: Slats!

Admirable??? Its their obligation and any respectable company would come forward and they all do.

I have to laugh when people go on about service. You only need service when things F up....

That is Baloney!! Service and Support are an important factor when determimg which manufacturer's products to choose.

I have spent years helping anyone who came here for help. You, on the other hand, just seem to take pleasure in Bashing another manufacturer's products. That does not benefit anyone except your Ego. Grow up and try spending more time helping others.
Old 06-02-2011, 06:36 AM
JIMF14D

Not true at all. In the older systems you might have needed a factory software up date. People damage stuff and need it fixed quickly. Ihad a ten year old TX where the handle came out of the case after years of use and glow fuel time.

All of these things are taken care of by Hi-tech quickly and at little or no cost.
Old 06-02-2011, 07:04 AM
Slats!

Bashing?? You should learn how to read before making assumptions.

I stated in my first post that there maybe issues, is this bashing???? I stated I was looking at buying this, is this bashing??? The problem had been around for months and they said nothing, bashing, no, truth yes up until two days ago when they came forward.

I do research before buying and found some issues but me posting this is bashing in your mind lol. Let me guess you probably thought I was lying about the problem but surprise there it is. Fanboys always look stupid.

Orig Post:

I am looking for a second radio for my planes up at the cottage and had Hitec as my second choice but it is falling down the list fairly quick.

Anyone wanting to use this system on gas should go and look at the FG thread and the problems people are now having with this system. It is pretty shocking how many have come forward in the last three weeks.

I understand that systems have issue but what has turned me off is the fact that Hitec is turning a blind eye to the problem and the rep that used to be on the thread consistently has left the scene.

Nice to see he still pops into every other radio debate to pimp his system though.

Old 06-02-2011, 07:08 AM
Slats!

Very true actually they are all the same.

JR Spektum: Sent in my DX7 they fixed it no charge. 1000's of posts on the boards about them.
ATX: Never an issue had them add some switches very great response.
Hitec: Fixed servos under warrenty. Many send stuff in.
Futaba: Well never had to use them.
DA: Don't have one but have seen many send them in for upgrades, never an issue.

They all do the same, its customer service and they would not be around if they did not provide this.

ORIGINAL: JIMF14D

Not true at all. In the older systems you might have needed a factory software up date. People damage stuff and need it fixed quickly. I had a ten year old TX where the handle came out of the case after years of use and glow fuel time.

All of these things are taken care of by Hi-tech quickly and at little or no cost.
Old 06-02-2011, 10:59 AM
JIMF14D

Are you T Bob? My bashing comment was addressed regarding T Bob.
Old 06-02-2011, 03:52 PM
AndyAndrews

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Looks like the Aurora 9 is by far the most favored system here on RCU. Good info.
Old 06-02-2011, 05:20 PM
K-Bob

ORIGINAL: AndyAndrews

Looks like the Aurora 9 is by far the most favored system here on RCU. Good info.
Mmmm. Not so fast FanBoi.

Futaba products total 187 votes. Hitec 165 votes. Do you tally votes in Florida?

Old 06-03-2011, 02:22 AM
JIMF14D

Like Isaid, they have to add up all the other varients to match the A9 score. Desperation prevails...LOL
Old 06-03-2011, 04:42 AM
AndyAndrews

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

ORIGINAL: K-Bob

ORIGINAL: AndyAndrews

Mmmm. Not so fast FanBoi.

Futaba products total 187 votes. Hitec 165 votes. Do you tally votes in Florida?

not a fanboi, I haven't even used mine yet. Just looking before I install it. But that being said, the culmination of Futaba products against one Hitec product isn't exactly an equal match now is it? And, if you wanted to use that comparison, it actually makes Hitec look better since their one product is only 22 votes short of beating ALL Futaba products combined.

Votes are votes. The question was "Which New 2.4 Transmitter Would You Choose", that's singular bud, no plural. I think the voters here and in Florida are tired of folks trying to look between the lines on a simple vote. There are no "chads" here.
Old 06-03-2011, 05:29 AM
DougV

Well… that’s because with Futaba you have options. However, if it was only one Futaba radio on that poll, I would have still voted Futaba (those three Futaba radios are fine radios). I also own JR and Spektrum radios.

As always, that's just my opinion.

Doug.
Old 06-03-2011, 06:45 AM
bigedmustafa

Let's face it, fellas, if you're trying to make up your mind between the 9503 DSMX, the 8FG Super, the Aurora 9, or the SD-10g then life is pretty good. The worst of these four radio systems is pretty kick-ass!
Old 06-03-2011, 07:08 AM
Slats!

Are you Buschbarber??? My bashing comment was addressed to him. LOL who cares.

People should just pick what feels good in their hand. All the radios listed have tons of programming and support. Heck even Spektrum now has a recall....

Old 06-03-2011, 07:33 AM
BuschBarber

ORIGINAL: Slats!

Are you Buschbarber??? My bassing comment was addressed to him. LOL who cares.

People should just pick what feels good in their hand. All the radios listed have tons of programming and support. Heck even Spektrum now has a recall....

Slats!! We agree. They all have their strengths and weaknesses.
Old 06-03-2011, 12:32 PM
FLPilot
My Feedback: (23)

Opps...........

Spectrum DSMX/DSM2 Warning Bulletin

Don't shoot the messenger, but Spektrum has ANOTHER defect/recall notice! This problem affects many Spektrum and JR brand DSMX transmitters when operating in DSM2 mode. Basically, the problem can cause the system to go into "Hold" during flight with certain DSM2 receivers. Since we all know that "Hold" really means "Crash", all owners should look at this bulletin carefully to make sure your system is not affected.

For a complete explanation by Spektrum on this problem, and the affected transmitters, please see the "official" Bulletin from Spektrum

If you in fact have a transmitter you have been using that is affected by this bulletin, please contact Horizon service directly using the contact information found in the bulletin.

If you have a brand new, un-opened, un-used, new in the package system that is affected by this notice that was purchased from us, you can contact me at [email protected] to arrange a special return/replacement.

All Spektrum/JR DXMX transmitters that we are shipping from the date of the bulletin forward are NOT affected by this problem as we are told.

It would really be great if Spektrum could just get it right the first time so as not to inconvenience all of you that are affected during the height of the flying season, but at least they are owning up to the problem and offering a solution rather than pretending it does not exist..........