Electric Pattern Aircraft Discuss epowered pattern aircraft in this forum

New Delro model - "Opium"

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2011, 09:57 PM
ExFokkerFlyer
My Feedback: (4)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: New Delro model -

Looks nice Chris... I like the second profile view as a basis for a scheme... I know you won't follow it exactly, but I like how you broke up the lines on the fuse with that one.

Have fun!

T
Old 06-04-2011, 09:53 PM
patternflyer1
My Feedback: (11)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thx Tom!

Problem is, that I only have so much white and red, and I ain't in the position to go buying a bunch of different colors and what not, so I will use what I have. I agree, somehow I want to break up all that red. And I would also like the bottom to be 3 colors. Only problem is that I need to fly this at the Oakdale contest in what? 3 weeks.. haha

Guess I'll be doing another maiden the day before the contest!!! lol And cool, I'll have a month to set it up and practice for the nats!!!!! hahahaha Why does this always happen to me? Just lucky I guess! hehe

Chris
Old 06-06-2011, 08:23 AM
Surefire
My Feedback: (1)

Chris - Looking good man! Keep working on it.
Old 06-06-2011, 12:03 PM
mups53
My Feedback: (41)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: patternflyer1

Some pics of mine almost ready for paint and some quick schemes I came up with that I will probably seriously deviate from. lol

Chris
Chris man!!! That plane is DOPE!!!!! Ant chance we may get to see it and you at the Nats?????
Old 06-06-2011, 08:20 PM
patternflyer1

The plan is to go Mike! Work has been really slow though. If I have to put my company on hold and get a job, not sure I could get the time off. Of course, if I have to do that, I will tell them in the hiring process.

I won't be prepared at all, which is ok, but I am going to take all the help I can get in setting up this bird (cuz setup ain't my strong point) and do the best I can... ....... Hopefully I can actually fly the plane, instead of it flying me. Which has been the case for several years now. lol.

Hope you're well Mike!

C
Old 06-07-2011, 09:27 AM
mups53
My Feedback: (41)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I sure hope all works out for you Chris. I'd love to see you and Jerry at the Nats.
I'm working out the kinks on my newSparkie and it gets better everytime I fly it.
I've never been strong on trimming and setup and have usually relied on my talent to overcome less than perfect planes. That formula no longer yields a successful satisfying result. I've been listening to the experts in my area and getting the new plane much more refined. I have the advantage of Dave Snow and Mickeys advise along with Mark Atwood. The Spark is going to be a very good plane soon. I'm running the Q80 andat first I didn't like it. SomehowI've just kept working with it and now I love it. I just think its a lot different than what I'm used to
I still think Bryan Herbert's Triangulation trimming works and its worth any amount of effort to get a proper setup. So short story long get it right and it'll be so worth it and your true talents will come thru. Get buildin man!! Mike
Old 06-07-2011, 09:33 PM
patternflyer1

Thx Mike,

Yeah, I want to be able to not rush in the setup of the Opium. I, like you, have used (for lack of a better word) talent to overcome my setup abilities (well whatever talent I may or may not have, lol) and still do pretty well with a bad setup. I don't want to do that anymore. I haven't progressed in the past 2 years towards beating you know who, and I know it's because of my setup. I am truly fighting the plane. But I don't find it particularly difficult to score as well as I do. So I know I need to learn how to setup better and I will have a much easier time competing for 1st in the end of the year standings. Don't get me wrong, I don't have to win. Pattern isn't about that for me. I enjoy the event, the friends, the fun after the contest and so on. Kinda like going to the nats and getting to see everyone there and go to dinners/drinks and such. That's the best part of the whole nats experience for me. The people from other districts who I have read about, but not known. And getting to meet them.

The Q80, yep, took some time to get used to, but I like it. I am however probably gonna sell mine cuz I need to lose some weight in my Neptuno. Probably put the newer Himax (as it has plenty of power) in it or maybe a 14XL.

I am considering putting all the gear back in it and trying to get some flights in on it this week. Perhaps painting it when I get time. I need to get back in the air! lol I think I have like 10 or 12 pattern flights this year. haha How sad..

Sounds like you have some great helpers to help you setup your Spark! My advice, take advantage of that. Same thing I am going to do. I have had a few offer to help me setup mine also. I usually shy away from that type of help. Not anymore. The new radio allows me to easily switch from my mode though (mode 4) to everyone else's mode 2 to allow others to fly my plane. That is the best thing I have seen in any radio for my mode. 1 push of a button and I can fly others planes with this radio, and they could fly mine. Didn't have that as an option before for anyone's help..

C
Old 06-03-2012, 11:36 PM
stadlerbrits

I see that the last post has been a while back. Bought a Opium without any manual. I need some assistance on setup. Believe that plane has been flown extensively by now. Can someone please advise on the following:
1. Final CGfor F3A flying
2. Recommended prop. I am using a Plettenberg Advance 30-10

3. Wing incidence

4. Stab incidence

5. Any other advice