Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter Beginners Forum
Reload this Page >

what is a good heli for me?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

what is a good heli for me?

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2011, 05:58 PM
mrfourtysevenman
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what is a good heli for me?

hi my name is justin. i am 16 and am thrilled about rc helis. i have been doing the nitro airplanes for 2 years and am an expert 3d pilot. i now got into 3d helis but i dont actually own any 3d helicopters. my skill on the 3d helis with very high throw is to the point where i NEED to have one. what is a good 3d helicoter 450 size and up? i was looking at two major ones.
this one http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=10948and the esky honey bee king four. i dont know how to set up a kit and am afraid it could fly apart in flight. anybody ever try the honey bee king helis? my main question is: what is a good heli i can do unlimited 3d with for under $170? i am looking at the hk450 heli but i dont even want to consider a t-rex because they are expensive. dont suggest coaxial helis. ive flown those.
i like in order;
1) esky
2) hobby king
3) walkera
4) e-flite

Old 06-07-2011, 02:19 PM
Real2You

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: what is a good heli for me?

What is your experience flying any type of rc heli's? The 170.00 dollar budget, is that before electronics or ready to fly? Do you have a transmitter that you use for planes that you will use for heli's? There are a lot of questions need to be answered in order to give you decent advice. If you are 16 you are a fast learner probably..but that being said...you need to be prepared(budget) to make repairs when needed. Do you have a flight simulator?