Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

Backdraft 8E

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2011, 04:20 AM
xON3MERCx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Backdraft 8E

Hi everyone Iam new to this whole forum stuff so bare with me. I have been reading some threads trying to see if anyone has the same problem with there BD 8E as I do but it does not look like it so I just thought that I would ask. Anyways I seem to keep loseing screws off of myaluminumsteering knuckle arms and this is on both sides. I have upgraded both front C-Hubs and still seem to be loseing them. My first though would be to locktight those damn things but I would risk making the screw's sleeves not able to rotate. I cant have the screws to tight because it makes my steering stiff. If anyone out there could help that would be great. Thanks.
Old 06-07-2011, 05:44 AM
St33v3
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Backdraft 8E

Have you tried some "thread lock"?

I use blue "Venom Thread Lock Premium Grade".
Old 06-07-2011, 05:47 AM
NewRageRC
My Feedback: (1)

Locktite. Take a closer look the aluminum pieces don't turn, the bushings and plastic pieces rotate around it, so you'll be fine. [8D]

IF things are binding up, take a look at the servo saver. The tension is adjustable by turning the top piece in to the bottom. The problem with having it loose is it's "taller" and can interfere with the upper chassis piece. Take it all apart, put locktite on that servo saver collar, make sure it's threaded far enough that it doesn't interfere and put it all back together.
Old 06-07-2011, 05:55 AM
stevenwilliams

if you are taking the steering apart then I highly recomend istalling bearings into the steering assembly. it removed all of my slop and makes it far better. IMHO.
Old 06-07-2011, 07:23 AM
xON3MERCx

Thanks for the help.

Old 06-09-2011, 07:16 AM
formula87

Try some stainless screws the threads don't give up as easy .........the stock screws are very soft..............

http://www.urchobby.com/proddetail.p...eelAB8E&cat=68