Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

t-maxx wont start

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2011, 11:49 AM
stalefishsk8er

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default t-maxx wont start

hey my truck won't start, i got ignition, fuel, and air but it wont start and i have fresh glowplugs so what is wrong with the engine? do i need to replace it?
Old 05-26-2011, 11:55 AM
t9dragon
My Feedback: (11)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: t-maxx wont start

Are you using the electric starter to light the glow plug?
Old 05-26-2011, 01:13 PM
stalefishsk8er

nope, i got my flightbox from my model aviation days for that
Old 05-26-2011, 01:18 PM
doug702
My Feedback: (1)

check your fuel and also check your needle settings you may also try putting a few drops of fuel directly in the carb but make sure engine is not flooded
Old 05-26-2011, 05:06 PM
stalefishsk8er

i got fresh fuel and i did that as well but haven't mess with the needle settings yet
Old 05-26-2011, 06:54 PM
jands29
My Feedback: (2)

My Tmaxx starts on a dime, but it's a Dynamite .19.  I ALWAYS cover the exhaust with my finger when I first start it to prime it. 

Turn it over for 5-4 seconds and listen to how fast it is turning over with the ezstart. Keep it going but cover the exhaust with your finger. It will beginn to turn over faster and faster until it fires. It will start and wont know (cause the exhaust is covered) so take ur finger off quickly then back on to make sure it has started.  Oh, and make sure the battery in the glow igintor is fresh (sounds obvious but been there lol).

If that fails turn both needles way lean then work your way rich trying several times at each setting. Sometimes the needles move from vibration but it runs well. Once u shut it off it wont start though. Thats just my 2 cents
Old 05-27-2011, 01:13 PM
stalefishsk8er

yeah i have the stock 2.5 engine not an aftermarket engine
Old 06-03-2011, 03:05 PM
nitroholic

Sounds like my jato 3.3,it turned out the bearings were wore out,it was sucking air in all the wrong places.I was gonna rebuild it,decided to put it on ebay sold it for 48.50 explained the problem.So i bought a brand new 3.3 at auction for 117.50.Yrs ago i to had a T-maxx with a 2.5 and it did the same thing yours is doing,that one i never looked into i just traded for something on here for equal value.But look into that,my 3.3 you could actually move the crank a little back and forth.Bearings were really tore up.Not foward and back,side to side.It turns out the block/w bearings is cheaper then the bearings alone.Go that way if you decide to rebuild.
Old 06-05-2011, 05:58 AM
Blue_BeasT

I had the same issue with my pro .15 motor after I resurrected it after 10 years in the basement. the bearings were toasted, after that it ran like a beast 
Old 06-08-2011, 08:31 AM
khclodbuster
My Feedback: (21)

You may just need to adjust the high speed needle to get it to run. Inless your having the issues these other guy are telling you about with bearing and you can move your crank? i couldnt get my t-maxx 2.5 to run but i just went back to my stock carb settings and it started rite up. I just need to adjust it alittle more to get a better idle. But i would try that before i desided to replace the motor.
Old 08-01-2011, 04:41 PM
stalefishsk8er

after doing all this the truck will not start
Old 08-05-2011, 04:07 AM
chris6414
My Feedback: (10)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Pull the motor and inspect everything. Before you do that, pull the plug, lay it on the head for a ground and hit it with the easy start. SHould glow. If you have glow, tear it down.