Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

Redcat Tornado S30 Help

Old 06-07-2011, 05:58 PM
Bawdog

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Redcat Tornado S30 Help

So today my dad and i took our two tornadoes out for a run. We both got them started around the same time and started driving them. After about 1 min of running mine stalled out and quit running.Shortly after his did too. This has never happened before. We have tried troubleshooting the problem multiple times. First, we check the glow plugs and igniters and they were all red hot. They are also flooding very easily. And once they start up for that first time and then stall, they will not start up for nothing. We then came back later that afternoon to try and see if they would start. They started but then they stalled really quickly.(and then would not start again) All of the parts are stock except for new spur gears and a new exhaust gasket.Anyways, any help would be awesome! Just tell me if you need any more info.
Old 06-08-2011, 05:34 AM
NewRageRC
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Redcat Tornado S30 Help

It's hot out, they'll take some tuning. I'd start by checking the idle set screw. Hot air is less dense and you probably aren't getting enough oxygen.
Old 06-08-2011, 05:57 AM
Bawdog

Probably so, we figured that it was flooding itself because when I pulled the glow plug out fuel it was just spilling out.
Old 06-08-2011, 06:25 AM
NewRageRC
My Feedback: (1)

Yeah, sounds like that's your problem then. Did you make any adjustments before? What time of year was it?
Old 06-08-2011, 08:49 AM
Bawdog

Well it's very aggrevating because it will start up just fine then it will die very soon after running it. But then if I come back later (after it dieing) it will start fine again. After dieing it will not start for nothing unless u wait a few hours.( not even the slightest hint) I'm guessing its because the fuel has Afevaporated out or something.
Old 06-08-2011, 09:57 AM
ThePenguins

I know you already mentioned it but I would try a new glow plug
Old 06-08-2011, 07:04 PM
Bawdog

Well i know it is not the glow plug but is there anything i could do to stop it from flooding so easily?I think the problem is is it overfloods then stalls then wont start again because its still in there but thanks for yalls help.

Old 06-08-2011, 07:22 PM
xerxes

if ur not 2 fond of toying wif nitros, mayb jump ovr 2 electrics?

but ya its tuning related. lean it out sum. also, good glow plugs r rated 4 diffrnt %s of nitro fuel.
wut % u runnin?
Old 06-08-2011, 09:02 PM
Bawdog

20%
Old 06-09-2011, 08:17 PM
diltech

It's look like too rich or fatten. Come back with HSN 2 1/2 from bottom and LSN flush. Don't prime, Tornado don't need anymore, just when you drain all fuel.

Check around if you rotary carb don't jam sometime or block with pullstart, check allways before run. Maybe it's time to clean your carburator in this case.

Good luck!