Community
Search
Notices
RC Rock Crawlers The official rock crawling forum right here on RCU. Rock Crawler Trucks Rule!

Tamiya Vs. Axial

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2011, 08:28 PM
ReaperGN

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tamiya Vs. Axial

Here is a list of crawler and scale vehicles from both company's. All of them have dedicated crawling community's so don't bother arguing that they shouldn't be included. I have placed them into category's to help compare them. I may have missed some. If so please make a separate post to add them. If its just a RTR or ARTR I didn't bother with them. Same with the controllers.

Tamiya

Scale (4-link)

Jeep Wrangler - CR01
Mercedes-Benz Unimog 406 - CR01 Series U900
Toyota Land Cruiser 40 - CR01
Ford Bronco 1973 - CR-01

Scale (Leafs)

Toyota Tundra Highlift - 4x4-3SPD
Toyota Hilux High Lift - 4x4-3SPD
Ford F350 High-Lift - 4X4-3SPD
Hilux
Blazer
Bruiser
Mountaineer

Scale (beginner)

Ford Bronco 1973 - CC01
Mercedes-Benz Unimog 406 - CC01 Series U900
Toyota Land Cruiser 40 - CC01
Jeep Wrangler

MOA

Super Clod Buster Kit - Metal Plated Special
Super Clod Buster Kit
Bullhead Kit - RB889

Shaft

TXT-1
Juggernaut 2
Juggernaut (Ford F-350)

Crawler

TLT

Axial

Scale (4-link)

SCX10 Honcho
SCX10 Dingo
SCX10
Wraith

Scale (Leafs)

None

Scale (beginner)

None

MOA

XR-10

Shaft

None

Crawler

AX10 Scorpion
Rock Racer

So after comparing them Tamiya has a much better selection, detail, look, and performance (depending on class). Many claim Tamiya plastic sucks but from personal experience I can rightly say the Axial blend will bend far out of shape, strip, or crack long before Tamiya's standard grade. Feel free to argue but stick to the classes. After market parts can also be argued. Also Tamiya does not make middle of the road products. They make cheap and expensive. But there cheap products perform well and their expensive products have a lot to offer over the competition.
Old 06-09-2011, 08:56 PM
t9dragon
My Feedback: (11)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Tamiya Vs. Axial

It all comes down to what people like.....
Old 06-09-2011, 09:04 PM
ReaperGN

Not for some of us. Its the same as Porsche Vs. Ferrari. This should also clear some of the future threads out.
Old 06-10-2011, 02:55 AM
The Real Dogman

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

LOL you guys crack me up!! LMFAOROTF!! These threads are always so lame!! Seen dozens of them and they all end up the same,, its all comes down to what you want drive and fix up!!

Look, here's the truth, you guys that get your panties in a bunch over whats better than others is just more fun and food for debate for guys who knows the truth, Its all about what YOU like. I get a huge kick out of watching you guys get so excited when someone tells you your choice is junk!! The truth of the matter is ALL manufacturers build weak parts into ALL of their models to leave room for the aftermarket. In fact these manufacturers themselves immediately start the hop up line while engineering their latest and greatest models. The real money for them is in hopups and replacemnet parts, they dont make much on the model itself. In my experience over the last 25 years is every model I have ever owned NEVER stayed stock for very long, unless of course it was intended to be a shelf queen. I have had several Tamiya's in fleets over the years including rally cars the clod buster and everyne of them needed something to make it better just like ANY one of the many Axial products Ihave or do own currently. I have 6 sets of axial axles and everyone of those have some kind of hop up in them. So its no different for one brand than he other, thats what drives the RC industry/hobby!! Now granted there are several brands that do use inferior plastic out of the box, but if you put just a littel thought to it you see that those are the first to break and the firt to get replaced, more $$ for the manufacturere or the after market either way the hobbist is spending more on their beloved model and who benefits from this constant spending, we do, the hobbist. This spending allows those manufacturers to afford to develope more STUFF for us and before you know it the market is flooded with new aftermarket parts for us to choose from.

If you guys would look at it with realistic eyes you would see only the most popular brands get the biggest attention from the aftermarket companies, so its up to us what we get in the way of cool AM parts. We just have to make any particular model popular by buying a few. and the more we buy the more they will make. So just be happy with your choice and be sure to hop it up as much as you can afford.

Oh and your list above is just rediculous(sp) you are trying compare apples to oranges, Tamiya has been around for decades while Axial is a fairly young company. Of course Axial wont have the same line up that Tamyia has... Geese, get real there youngster. And what was that about Axial not having a shaft or beginner?? I'm not sure list is even very informed, dare I say maybe even biased.

Now, anyone looking for a good debate on something else??

This thread is funny, BTW, its funny how a small suggestion can get taken so seriously!! Get over it a just build your junk!!
Old 06-10-2011, 07:35 AM
laganm21

Well said (the real dogman) Well said
Old 06-10-2011, 08:18 AM
ReaperGN

Wow! Took 3 minutes of copying and pasting to get you all worked up didn't it. You didn't even address the question. Just sort of walked around it as if its a pissed of emu or something. You claim experience but all I see is BS. So why don't you cut the crap and just answer the question with a few supporting facts. Not Axial is better because its cheap like a Chevy or Tamiya stuff will fall apart.

And you may disagree with the classes but I didn't count vehicles twice. Axial does not make a shaft driven electric that does not fall into one of the other classes better. They also do not make a beginner vehicle on par with the CC01. So go ahead and throw a fit but the classes are accurate.
Old 06-10-2011, 08:35 AM
t9dragon

ORIGINAL: ReaperGN

Wow! Took 3 minutes of copying and pasting to get you all worked up didn't it. You didn't even address the question. Just sort of walked around it as if its a pissed of emu or something. You claim experience but all I see is BS. So why don't you cut the crap and just answer the question with a few supporting facts. Not Axial is better because its cheap like a Chevy or Tamiya stuff will fall apart.

And you may disagree with the classes but I didn't count vehicles twice. Axial does not make a shaft driven electric that does not fall into one of the other classes better. They also do not make a beginner vehicle on par with the CC01. So go ahead and throw a fit but the classes are accurate.
Who cares???

It all comes down to what people like.....

And personally I like the Axial line of trucks better than the Tamiya line of trucks.
Old 06-10-2011, 08:59 AM
ReaperGN

Apparently you do because you have stated that twice.
Old 06-10-2011, 09:21 AM
t9dragon

??????
Old 06-10-2011, 09:31 AM
ReaperGN

No wonder your into crawlers.
Old 06-10-2011, 09:51 AM
t9dragon

LOL.....
Old 06-10-2011, 11:18 AM
The Real Dogman

LOL no wonder you like Tamyia!!
If I were pissed you would have seen alot more from me, but I am truely having fun with this crap!! You like Tamyia, I like everything else, Deal with it!! LMFAOROTF!! Thank you for the good chuckle, I will have a great weekend!!

Oh and read my post objectivley and you will see what I am speaking of and realize that you still dont get it,, well maybe not. LOL

I dont usually get worked up about this interweb crap I truely have fun with it!! It gives me a thrill to easily get SOME PEOPLE a rise out of them!!

Reaper, wanna get in on some weekend fun, there is comp here in Dearborn Hghts which just happens to be our point series finale, would love to have ya,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, And punch you in your lunch box,,,,, if ya bring it!! The rest of guys want to meet you, really they do... they have not seen someone like you in awhile and they say it would be cool to have ya,,,,,,
Old 06-10-2011, 11:28 AM
ReaperGN

So is it you cant answer the question or that you wont answer the question?

As for your post its just a bunch of whining that the truck with the most upgrades is the best. Which is wrong. By your logic that would make the Clod Buster the best crawler of all time. Or maybe a converted Maxx. The truth is the best rigs don't need a bunch of aftermarket parts to do well. So considering how much has to be replaced on a stock Axial Vs. a stock Tamiya, Tamiya wins.
Old 06-10-2011, 11:48 AM
t9dragon

If you want an honest opinon, Reaper. Tamiya trucks are basiclly trail trucks and nothing more....
Old 06-10-2011, 12:35 PM
The Real Dogman

Reaper, I have answered your questions as far as I am going to. I am not going to waste time to explain every detail to you, if you had read these posts with objectivity you would see that answers are there.

If you want more, then you really just dont get it, I am not going to get into a battle of wits with an unarmed person....

You now are starting to sound like you have your panties in a wad, which is just what I was looking for. There is nothing for me to answer, the debate has gotten just dumb now, let it go, you loose!!

It has been said more than once, these better vs. best threads are lame and only boil down to what YOU like, it just so happens you like JUNK,, lol kidding of course, but the point is you build what you like, and I build what I like!!

Wanna come down to our comp on Sunday?? That was serious invite bring your tamiya and axial, lol.
Old 06-10-2011, 01:05 PM
fallaci

Axial

Scale (4-link)
Wraith
Crawler
Rock Racer
I don't mean to barge into discussion, but isn't Wraith a Rock Racer?
Old 06-10-2011, 01:21 PM
t9dragon

ORIGINAL: fallaci

Axial

Scale (4-link)
Wraith
Crawler
Rock Racer
Yes, you are correct that is what Axial advertises it as...
Old 06-10-2011, 01:39 PM
The Real Dogman

ORIGINAL: t9dragon

ORIGINAL: fallaci

Axial

Scale (4-link)
Wraith
Crawler
Rock Racer
Yes, you are correct that is what Axial advertises it as...

Thats what I meant by not being a very informed list, look at it closer and you will see a couple other ??able listings,
Old 06-10-2011, 01:48 PM
The Real Dogman

Sorry dble post
Old 06-10-2011, 04:21 PM
zman5000

i'm not positive but i think you can get an axial ax10 and a scx10 for the price of a tamiya. and you probably get 2 of each for the price of a hi-lift. tamiya crawlers are nice but entirely too pricey. i like to start small and build the car into what i want. my hybrid scx10 has the scx10 chassis and trans with beefed up venom crawler axles and a traxxas vxl3s drive in it and does it throw some mud, like 5 feet in the air. tooooooo much fun. i sunk it in about 3 feet of water yesterday and i didn't have the reciever box sealed and it died throwing mud and water. thank god for wd40. it lives again.
Old 06-10-2011, 06:46 PM
Spdfrk

Don't know about the Axial but my Tamiya clod based crawler can't be touched..

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Old 06-10-2011, 10:22 PM
Never Enough Toys

Spdfrk, That is just COOOOLLLLLLL!!!! I had that Parma body back in the day but I built a fenderless street rod.Ieven used the Parma Hemi engine kit.Man I miss that car.You out did yourself there.
Old 06-10-2011, 10:35 PM
Spdfrk

ORIGINAL: Never Enough Toys

Spdfrk, That is just COOOOLLLLLLL!!!![img][/img][img][/img] I had that Parma body back in the day but I built a fenderless street rod.I even used the Parma Hemi engine kit.Man I miss that car. You out did yourself there.[img][/img]
I still have the friggin motor, it's in a few pieces but I think it's all there.. You nailed the Parma body! Took alittle whittlin but it fits.. Still have the grill assembly as well....
Old 06-11-2011, 12:39 AM
Never Enough Toys

Nice!! Mine disappeared during a major move about 10 years ago.Good news is I do have a brand new motor sealed just waiting for that right project. Just for kicks of asking but if you want to sell the body and grill PM me if you would. I still can't stop droolin
Old 06-11-2011, 04:40 AM
The Mad Modder

ORIGINAL: zman5000

i'm not positive but i think you can get an axial ax10 and a scx10 for the price of a tamiya. and you probably get 2 of each for the price of a hi-lift.
So you can buy four axials for $400? Wow, I didn't realize they were so cheap.
Sellers do seem to like charging more for Tamiya's more expensive trucks, though. They were going for $350 when they came out. Now no one wants to part with one for less than $400 and there's many scalpers out there charging way more. If you watch ebay, you can get one for about $375.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.