Community
Search
Notices
RC Rock Crawlers The official rock crawling forum right here on RCU. Rock Crawler Trucks Rule!

Tamiya Vs. Axial

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2011, 05:44 AM
The Real Dogman

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Tamiya Vs. Axial

just like I said, Overpriced JUNK! LOL OK let me rephrase that for the more sensitive ones out there. Overpriced, and overvalued. Kinda like a DeLorean for a car that does not seem to run for very long sure costs alot.. oopps did go to far for the more timid types out there??
Old 06-11-2011, 04:47 PM
Spdfrk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: Never Enough Toys

Nice!! Mine disappeared during a major move about 10 years ago.Good news is I do have a brand new motor sealed just waiting for that right project. Just for kicks of asking but if you want to sell the body and grill PM me if you would. I still can't stop droolin[img][/img][img][/img][img][/img]
Nah, I'm gonna hang on to it, I know I'd regret getting rid of it.... Looking through some old rc parts stuff and I found the original chassis! Complete with foam rear slicks and a Tarantula motor.. lol
Old 06-11-2011, 04:58 PM
ReaperGN

You claim to be so smart and that's the best you can come up with? The Delorean was not expensive and did offer better performance than any other American luxury car. Best you stick to your Axials. The simplistic nature of them is perfect for one of your intelligence. A mid level Corvette would have been a better comparison. Cheap plastic, crap interior, made for golfers, and sorely lacking in any type of performance. Funny. That sounds a lot like a Axial scaler. Also I wouldn't bother going to a crawler comp. To many old duffers playing with winches and grown men throwing a fit because a young child beat them.

Axial may be cheaper out of the box but by the time you get decent tires, wheels, servo, gear cover, and much needed drive train upgrades your cheap truck costs much more than something from Tamiya. You also cant build a sweet rig like that super class Clod from axial parts. Tamiya costs more because you get more. Their kits include extra parts for alternative setups. They also have what would be considered option parts as stock.
Old 06-11-2011, 05:09 PM
The Real Dogman

LMFAO,, Children, all talk and no substance!! lol you really dont get it do you?? Thats why Lions EAT their young!! Dont embarras yourself any further and save the rest of your age group the embarrassement of having be a part of their demographic.

You didn't even get the joke about the DeLorean(Were you even born when the Delorean was in production??), geezus, I am so done with you,, I feel dumber for just having this debate with you... I need a shower just to wash this CRAP off. LOL
Old 06-11-2011, 05:17 PM
Never Enough Toys
My Feedback: (11)

Very cool,Had to ask but I don't blame ya.. If you ever get it back together shoot some pics please.
Old 06-11-2011, 05:29 PM
ReaperGN

Once again you prove to be another old man trying to play a young mans game. DMC headquarters was in Detroit, Michigan and the car was built in Dunmurry, Northern Ireland. It was also a good car so any joke you may have had in your mind got lost due to alzheimer's. Your crap post's lack detail, thought, organization and common sense. You try to act intelligent but you cant even get simple info right or offer any supporting facts as to why Tamiya is not a good company. I suggest you re enroll in about 2nd grade and work your way back up. For one of your age you lack the knowledge needed to argue anything.
Old 06-11-2011, 05:33 PM
The Real Dogman

LOL LMFAOROTF.. The response I expected!!

Glad you can use google there young man, might even be hope for you after all.. did you google anything else about the company/car/The Man??

You truely entertain me, I hope you get laid soon so you can grow a little and let go of all that pent up anger.

If I were young these days I would probably angry as well.. NA!! I got those life lessons early so I didn't whine so much, but good luck with your future whatever you do. You still have ALOT to learn and more to experience
Old 06-11-2011, 05:53 PM
ReaperGN

That's what I would expect from a 2nd grader. You cant even stay on track or bother to spell anything out. I suggest you find a nice hard wall and knock some sense into yourself. Because you clearly need some. Your reading comprehension also needs some work.
Old 06-11-2011, 06:22 PM
t9dragon
My Feedback: (11)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: ReaperGN

That's what I would expect from a 2nd grader. You cant even stay on track or bother to spell anything out. I suggest you find a nice hard wall and knock some sense into yourself. Because you clearly need some. Your reading comprehension also needs some work.
Hey Reaper, why don't you give it a break.. We all know you like Tamiya and that will never change.
Old 06-11-2011, 06:36 PM
ReaperGN

I also like Traxxas, HPI, Kyosho, AE, Losi and many more. Even Axial option parts like links. But I don't like the general attitude towards Tamiya. If you don't like the information or my opinions then simply don't read them. I did not force you to read anything and refuse to stop using this forum for what its meant for. If you don't like discussion I suggest making your own blog or webpage.
Old 06-11-2011, 06:58 PM
The Real Dogman

Just like a dumb kid, suggesting to someone who doesn't like to discuss to start a blog or webpage, you just dont make any sense...

Oh and tough **** about not liking the general attitude towards Tamiya, its a free country and we all have our rights to like and not like things, even speak out about them. But if you dont know ow to pick your battles better you will surely look foolish speaking your mind.

And when you cant keep up you lash out calling names and trying to sound bigger and better. That makes you look like a dumb kid.. We all know what you like, so what, we have our likes too, again so what. We all have our likes and dislikes and if you cant just read, chuckle and move on, then you will truely not be able,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ah to hell with it, I'm old and now tired,, going to watch a movie with my wife.. Screw it!!

Night kids, turn the lights out and lock the door before you leave!!!
Old 06-11-2011, 07:01 PM
ReaperGN

By making a blog or web page you can delete things you don't like. So either your an idiot or the alzheimer's is kicking in again.
Old 06-11-2011, 08:04 PM
Spdfrk

At this point, you're both acting like children, give it a rest please. It's a hobby not a life threatening disease ffs.. No one wins these arguements....... Where can I find some 150mm aluminum lower links?
Old 06-11-2011, 08:18 PM
ReaperGN

Don't like it then don't read it. And someone always wins. Otherwise no one would argue.

As for the links I say make your own. The largest I know of are 4x130mm.
Old 06-11-2011, 09:33 PM
cumquat

bent or straight? rc4wd has some straight and 160mm bent http://store.rc4wd.com/Aluminum-150m...s-1_p_583.html http://store.rc4wd.com/1-160mm-63-30...ks-_p_576.html
Old 06-11-2011, 09:56 PM
Spdfrk

ORIGINAL: cumquat

bent or straight? rc4wd has some straight and 160mm bent http://store.rc4wd.com/Aluminum-150m...s-1_p_583.html http://store.rc4wd.com/1-160mm-63-30...ks-_p_576.html
Straight.... Thanks for the links bud! pun intended... lol
Old 06-12-2011, 05:37 AM
zman5000

i use traxxas tie rods and camber links and pushrods from the revo andother traxxas carsand they have them at the lhs in pairs and in steel or aluminum.
Old 06-12-2011, 05:01 PM
Spdfrk

ORIGINAL: zman5000

i use traxxas tie rods and camber links and pushrods from the revo and other traxxas cars and they have them at the lhs in pairs and in steel or aluminum.
Thanks, called my lhs and was told the longest links they have is 130mm. Probably have to get them online... What's the general concensus on lower links, straight or bent and why?
Old 06-12-2011, 06:46 PM
The Real Dogman

Definitely bent, for better clearance on breakover situations. Go to RCC for ALL the best tech info on ALL things crawlers and ALL the different brand models..
Old 06-12-2011, 07:25 PM
Spdfrk

What's the best way to keep the links from flopping side to side? Since the rod ends are balled, they keep wanting to move causing the shock bottoms to bind..
Old 06-13-2011, 02:06 AM
The Real Dogman

There is no way, just run'em. ALL of our bent links flop around but if you twist them around and manipulate the rod ends you can minimize the flopping without inducing binding. So, I guess, you can cnotrol the flopping a bit, but be careful not to induce binding, but you cant completely remove the flopping. I have some high clearance links that move around but not to a point where its a problem.
Old 06-13-2011, 06:07 PM
Spdfrk

ORIGINAL: The Real Dogman

There is no way, just run'em. ALL of our bent links flop around but if you twist them around and manipulate the rod ends you can minimize the flopping without inducing binding. So, I guess, you can cnotrol the flopping a bit, but be careful not to induce binding, but you cant completely remove the flopping. I have some high clearance links that move around but not to a point where its a problem.
I kinda figured, that's the whole reason I was considering switching to straight links. If there was a way to mount the shocks to the axle, the flopping wouldn't be a big deal as far as binding goes. Oh, and sorry for jacking your thread Reaper.
Old 06-13-2011, 06:26 PM
cumquat

what axles?
Old 06-13-2011, 06:39 PM
Spdfrk

ORIGINAL: cumquat

what axles?
Clod, the shocks would have to be like 8 miles long to do that.. It's a Rockbull chassis and the only place to mount is on the lower links..
Old 06-13-2011, 07:16 PM
cumquat

hehehe, i think i found some that are long enough. a tad pricey though. http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXXSA7&P=SM
if those arent long enough, nothing is...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.