Community
Search
Notices
Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service Ask Hitec/MultiPlex Customer Service your Radio questions here.

PROBLEMS WITH HITEC's HIGH VOLTAGE SERVOs

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2011, 05:19 PM
Mrs R

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PROBLEMS WITH HITEC's HIGH VOLTAGE SERVOs

Brendon,
I've been building my EFEXTRA 300 since April 2010 and we have solved a couple of problems that have cropped up to which I am very happy with the service I have had from HITEC
Mike & yourself.
The jitter problems with the 7950's is really worrying me, it hasn't cropped up yet but I have 10 of them fitted and going by theposts on the FORUMS it probably will.
I am getting near to completingthe build and test flyingsoon.
I haven't had the servos up to full Lipo voltage yet 7.95 Volts and at 7.92v during my last testing. I think I will avoid putting them at 8.4 Volts.
I have a firm chasing up a Halls direct replacement Pot to fit into the servos if and or when they start playing up.
They have 2 years warranty don't they, I've all ready used up 1 years and haven't flown it yet.
QUESTIONS
What is the Ohm resistance of the Potentiometer as fitted?

If it will fit, would it be better to fit the Tantalum Cap. inside the servo?

If I fit the Caps. as a preventive move will it dissolve the warranty?

Is the jittering covered by warranty? my only problem with warranty of your products it takes 6 months to get HITECAustralia to do it(Model Engines)that is a long time to have a plane
out of the air.

Rachael
Old 06-09-2011, 08:28 AM
MikeMayberry
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: PROBLEMS WITH HITEC's HIGH VOLTAGE SERVOs

I don't have any specs on the pot, but it is the best one that we can buy and similar to the other manufacturers.

The small amount of jittering with a slight load is normal, anything beyond that is not.

The caps will most likely not make any difference.

Mike.
Old 06-11-2011, 03:00 AM
Mrs R

ORIGINAL: MikeMayberry

I don't have any specs on the pot, but it is the best one that we can buy and similar to the other manufacturers.

The small amount of jittering with a slight load is normal, anything beyond that is not.

Mike.
Mike I am confused HITEC put out a bulletin regarding this matter and recommended that a 22uf Tantalum Cap. be fitted in line close to the servo.
the above negates this could you please explain your answer to the post
My partner made that post on my behalf she also sent you an email NOTANSWERED the email had additional questions as she has more experience in electronics.
It was also stated that I had sent an email(Just on 3 weeks ago)about fitting the Caps. to MODEL ENGINES AUSTRALIA they didn't respond.
HITEC didn't respond to the email sent a week ago.
I asked my partner to do this as I was in Hospital and they do not allow use of computers in their Wards.
Could you check the email list and reply to her email as we are joint owners and builders of this aircraft and she like me is a licensed Aircraft Engineer
only in different areas.
I' am doing a report on the problem in FLYINGGIANTS I have had an Electronics Engineer run some tests and I also am doing a number of tests.
The report was supposed To be out end of this week but due to my Hospitalization it is delayed till next week.

REGARDS
Rachael.
P.S. I don't want to pull my servos apart It would not be hard to get me the pot. Specs. also CarbonTrack Pots have a life of 10,000 cyvles a polyester base Track has a life of 50,000 cycles price differance is 67 cents AU Retail.
Old 06-11-2011, 06:45 PM
Ruddermayhemcom
My Feedback: (23)

ORIGINAL: Mrs R

Mike.
Mike I am confused HITEC put out a bulletin regarding this matter and recommended that a 22uf Tantalum Cap. be fitted in line close to the servo.
the above negates this could you please explain your answer to the post
My partner made that post on my behalf she also sent you an email NOT ANSWERED the email had additional questions as she has more experience in electronics.
It was also stated that I had sent an email(Just on 3 weeks ago) about fitting the Caps. to MODEL ENGINES AUSTRALIA they didn't respond.
HITEC didn't respond to the email sent a week ago.
I asked my partner to do this as I was in Hospital and they do not allow use of computers in their Wards.
Could you check the email list and reply to her email as we are joint owners and builders of this aircraft and she like me is a licensed Aircraft Engineer
only in different areas.
I' am doing a report on the problem in FLYING GIANTS I have had an Electronics Engineer run some tests and I also am doing a number of tests.
The report was supposed To be out end of this week but due to my Hospitalization it is delayed till next week.

REGARDS
Rachael.
P.S. I don't want to pull my servos apart It would not be hard to get me the pot. Specs. also CarbonTrack Pots have a life of 10,000 cyvles a polyester base Track has a life of 50,000 cycles price differance is 67 cents AU Retail.
(Flyguy2/Tavis here) You GO Rachael!
I TOO am confused HITEC put out a bulletin regarding this matter and recommended that a 22uf Tantalum Cap.
Of coarse I found out first hand it does nothing to fix this jittering issue. I am glad to see I'm not the only one putting forth effort to resolve Hitecs manufacturing problems. Carry on with the testing and gather as many resources as you can. My Futaba pots should be in my hands in 7 more days!
This is a link to the thread I posted here http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_10...m.htm#10567854
Old 06-11-2011, 07:26 PM
Ruddermayhemcom

I don't have any specs on the pot
You can get the specks for us tho... could you please....c'mon Mike HELP US OUT man!

Mike.
The small amount of jittering with a slight load does NOT exist when the servo is brand new...not even a little bit.... IT DEVELOPS and progressively gets worse in short time... "Normal" by Hitecs standards maybe.. but the truth is this jitter is a serious wide spread problem that causes a cascading domino effect of self destruction inside the servo...center cases then the amps...... Mike I believe you have it in you to actually help us all out in resolving the real issue with the 7950TH. WE NEED YOU!. Please stop reading from the TelePrompter at Hitec.
We are NOT bashing or hating Hitec. WE LOVE Hitec servos and thats why we want the issues with this 7950 servo resolved once and for all. Sending the servo in for service is only a short term fix.Thats a nascence to us to keep sending them in for new center cases and amps. HITEC NEEDS TO FIX THE ISSUE AT THE SOURCE in PRODUCTION AND NOT JUST KEEP FIXING THE DAMAGE THATS BEING DONE AS A RESULT OF THE JITTER. Please watch my vids. LETS FIGURE OUT THE PROBLEM TOGETHER.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f94CcpnUB-4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMWJuLfQFAE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oANQHMaLX2s

~Tavis / Flyguy2
Old 06-11-2011, 07:57 PM
BeverleyFlyer

Hey guys my 7950 rudder servo in my extra was working fine untill last weekend at an imac comp At first i didn;t realise just thought it was due to crosswind that the tail was pulling rite sometimes during vertical flight, and the fact that i had to feed in opposite rudder to pullout of my second spin in my second round. then on my landing approch was doing a faily tight turn on final same as i have done every other flight with the model still had a fair amount of airspeed then the model pointed it nose to the ground as i leveled ailerons out it just started to spin in. I found the cause was the rudder servo locking full right for a few seconds at a time. I just want to say thanx to HITEC for contributing to my $2500 plane being written off. The 7955's on the elevators and ailerons all jittered from the day i fitted them. whole setup was brand new and only 20 flights old. So now not only do i haveto replace a model i also haveto replace all the servos in my other models with NON hitec servos.
Old 06-12-2011, 12:40 AM
Mrs R

ORIGINAL: BeverleyFlyer

Hey guys my 7950 rudder servo in my extra was working fine untill last weekend at an imac comp At first i didn;t realise just thought it was due to crosswind that the tail was pulling rite sometimes during vertical flight, and the fact that i had to feed in opposite rudder to pullout of my second spin in my second round. then on my landing approch was doing a faily tight turn on final same as i have done every other flight with the model still had a fair amount of airspeed then the model pointed it nose to the ground as i leveled ailerons out it just started to spin in.I found the cause was the rudder servo locking full right for a few seconds at a time. I just want to say thanx to HITEC for contributing to my $2500 plane being written off. The 7955's on the elevators and ailerons all jittered from the day i fitted them. whole setup was brand new and only 20 flights old. So now not only do i haveto replace a model i also haveto replace all the servos in my other models with NON hitec servos.
DON"TTHROWTHEHITECSERVOSOUTIHAVEATEMPORARYFIXUNTILHITE CSUPPLIESUSWITHNEWCIRCUITBOARDSANDORREPLACESTHESER VOSWITHNEWVERSIONS
ASISREQUIREDUNDERCONSUMERLAWINAUSTRALIAIFANYPERSON PURCHASEDAHITECSERVOAFTERHITECNEWOFTHEPROBLEMSTHEY AREREQUIREDTOREPLACE
THEMFREEOFCHARGEANDDUETOTHEMKNOWINGTHATTHESERVOSHA VEAFAULTTHEYMAYVERYWELLBELIABLEFORANYLOSS CAUSEDBYTHESAIDFAULTYSERVO.

SEEMEONFLYINGGIANTS&THEAUSSITE

Rachael
Old 06-12-2011, 12:43 AM
Mrs R

WE LIKEHITECSERVOSLOOKAFTERUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! whats a BL157HV

Rachael

Mike.
Old 06-12-2011, 07:01 PM
Ruddermayhemcom

ORIGINAL: Mrs R

whats a BL157HV

Rachael
I think it could be the perfect servo. [X(] http://servocity.com/html/bls-157hv_...ess_servo.html
Old 06-13-2011, 02:05 PM
MikeMayberry
My Feedback: (1)

Noble 5k Pot rated at 1,000,000 cycles is all the info I could get.

Mike.
Old 06-13-2011, 08:03 PM
Ruddermayhemcom

Noble 5k Pot rated at 1,000,000 cycles is all the info I could get.

Mike.
Is it true what Josh "Bone doc" said about Hitec having a issue with the potentiometers in the 7950s ?