Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

tornado s30 steering servo

Old 06-03-2011, 08:43 AM
hpz937

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tornado s30 steering servo

I just picked up a tornado s30, I am very new to RC cars. I'm a little unhappy with the performance of the steering servo, its slow and seems too a little weak, I was going to upgrade it but im not entirely sure what I need. I was looking at this: http://www.hobbypartz.com/servo-mg996r.html will that work sufficiently or any suggestions.
Old 06-03-2011, 08:52 AM
edgeverse

Default RE: tornado s30 steering servo

I had the same prob with my earthquake 8e.

I upgraded mine with a new servo from hobbypartz as well.
The steering and tracking (it stays straight when driving straight) are dead one perfect.
http://www.hobbypartz.com/60gexidised2.html

The one you are looking at looks to be a good one.
Old 06-04-2011, 12:10 AM
carslover

i have a tornado as well...... i drove mine through a puddle on accident and the steering servo wasn't too fond of it.... so i changed to a spare hitech servo i had from piper j3 cub(airplane) and its a high torque metal geared servo and man let me tell you the difference it is like night and day
Old 06-04-2011, 02:21 AM
diltech

Hi,

I change my receiver and radio temporarily with another brand. This is often the way the radio is set up which gives the speed or not to your servo (Some programs on radio). With another brand, steering is very quick and even too (same servo). Everything depends on your radio equipment and setting.
Old 06-12-2011, 01:39 PM
diltech

I change all servos on Tornado today because two originals servos down. I chose Hi-TEC HS-645MG Ultra Torque is a very fast and hi torque with metal gear. Better than original !
Old 06-12-2011, 01:45 PM
hpz937

I picked up the servo in my original post, works quite well much faster/more responsive than the factory servo. I think the receiver may be lacking a bit in output power because it still seems a little slower than i think it should be but is more than sufficient for a steering servo.
Old 06-13-2011, 10:03 PM
diltech

I use 6V 1400Mha battery pack and it's better for servos than 4.8v.
Old 06-18-2011, 09:51 AM
cc_83

I have a tornado s30 buggy and it won't start at all, it did when I would put after run oil in the head. Now it won't start at all, can anyone help me? I am getting aggervated with the whole redcat deal, cheap everything. If you're going to buy a nitro powered you might as well get the best, that will leave you with less problems in the long run.
Old 06-18-2011, 05:00 PM
hpz937

check your glow plug, make sure it works. reset carb back to factory settings. not much to these engines as for what can cause problems. As for buying the "best" brand/models, my neighbor has an HPI and paid 2.5x what I did for a redcat and he has way more problems than I do. I have been more than happy witht he quality and performance of redcats
Old 06-19-2011, 08:00 AM
diltech

Checked the glow plug or otherwise, perhaps you have too much prime. SH18 engine starts easily, better than my .28 Ofna.