Notices
RC Airboats Discuss R/C Airboats here!

Aquacraft Alligator EP

Old 06-17-2011, 10:41 AM
Traxxas4fun
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aquacraft Alligator EP

My brother and i just bought this airboat. We had the big nitro one before, but we didnt like nitro AT ALL.

Im wondering who has done a brushless conversion on this? What did you use? Did you like it?
Old 06-18-2011, 07:33 PM
Altered1

Default RE: Aquacraft Alligator EP

Hi Traxxas,

Each to their own in selection of power source.... I run nitro because I don't like having to charge batteries, the expense of batteries, and I kind of like the power, noise and smell of nitro.... I can put up with the mess

I'm sure there are guys here that can give you some advice on what would suit.  I think it would have to be fairly large to move the Alligator.

Does the unit you got have a nitro motor attached ?  Why not give it a go before you invest in motors, batteries, esc, etcetera ?  If you still want to go electric, you can sell the nitro engine and offset it agains the cost of new elec gear. 

Good luck
Old 06-19-2011, 08:48 AM
Basstronics
My Feedback: (2)

Altered, if you read it again you will notice they bought the electric version- the mini alligator tours.

Look on Hobbykings site. They have the same boat basically already done brushless.

If they Mini Alli is anything like the mini rio you basically bought just a hull. All the rest needs to be replaced.
Old 06-20-2011, 12:53 AM
Altered1

My apologies,

I did not see that.

Al