Notices
Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

DLE What?!?!

Old 06-24-2011, 04:33 PM
Andika

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: DLE What?!?!

ORIGINAL: guille2006

Engine cost is Euro 220 + VAT; for me shipping cost is 10 Euro... I'm in italy BTW... Total final would be about 275 Euro or U$ 390
Is it a final sale price or only promotional price for the first weeks ?
I will maybe get one but I need to find a fiber glass warbird for that nice engine....

Old 06-24-2011, 04:49 PM
stratosn
My Feedback: (26)

Does any one know about a DL engine. It's not the DLE that is popular . Is it any good are is it a piece of junk ?
Thanks, The Pooh
Old 06-24-2011, 05:25 PM
w8ye
My Feedback: (16)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

DL became DLE a couple years ago. The first DLE 55 and 111 engines arrived in early March 2009
Old 06-24-2011, 05:57 PM
Whistling Death

ORIGINAL: stratosn

Does any one know about a DL engine. It's not the DLE that is popular . Is it any good are is it a piece of junk ?
Thanks, The Pooh
Awesome!
Old 06-24-2011, 07:35 PM
vertical grimmace
My Feedback: (1)

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

ORIGINAL: stratosn

Thanks, The Pooh
I have a DL 50 and love it. I have been flying it for 4 years. There was a huge thread on it and I watched this for a year or so before my purchase. In fact, I think I got mine from Valley view. Not sure and I am sure someone will chime in, but they are the same, they just changed the name to try to protect the design. Also I am not sure if there was an actual change in displacement or if the DLE 55 is any better. The DL though is a really good engine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8fmJWvp3E8

Some of the info on the video is wrong. It is a 50cc and the plane weighs (weighed) : ( 14lbs. As can be seen by how it flew. Crashed last Saturday.
Old 06-24-2011, 07:38 PM
LDM
My Feedback: (15)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

On the original post you can still get the DLE 20 for about $249 to $269 including shipping direct from China .Just do an online search .
Hobby King has a direct line to the factory , Hobbico beat them out on potential volume , if Hobbico does not perform in volume you will see DLE back thru Hobby King .
Old 06-24-2011, 10:13 PM
willig10

Do me a favor. Post a link where the DLE engine is available through Hobbico. Am I missing something because going to the Hobbico website, I see no engines available. Only planes and accessories.

For sure Hobby king has no DLE's available.

As stated before, the wholesalers are no longer able to cut throat the authorized distributors.

If you have a link that shows they are available and not a "cached" page. I sure would like to see it. If it makes you feel better PM me.

Thanks
Glenn Williams
Old 06-24-2011, 10:48 PM
a1pcfixer
My Feedback: (7)

ORIGINAL: LDM

On the original post you can still get the DLE 20 for about $249 to $269 including shipping direct from China .Just do an online search .
That price range is what any authorized DLE dealer can sell at.

Hobby King has a direct line to the factory , Hobbico beat them out on potential volume , if Hobbico does not perform in volume you will see DLE back thru Hobby King .

Not true. HK had such, but has been cut out of the DLE wholesaler loop
last Fall.

Read [link=http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/fb.asp?m=10586623]Post #37.....[/link] for the current scoop direct from DLE.
Old 06-24-2011, 10:55 PM
a1pcfixer

ORIGINAL: vertical grimmace

I have a DL 50 and love it. I have been flying it for 4 years. There was a huge thread on it and I watched this for a year or so before my purchase.
Same here, but I got mine from DLEUSA before they went under.
Just ran it yesterday, and still starts & runs so smooth!

Hauls my SD/TOC 260 Extra around great!
Old 06-25-2011, 01:56 AM
LDM
My Feedback: (15)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

read my post "Hobby King has a direct line to DLE " yes they do and yes they were cut off . BUt they were not told directly or in written form . Typical of China factories .
They make deals based on volume "you sell this much and you get exclusive distribution" however they never want to close any doors , so they dont close past doors .
Hobby King left the DLE listed as "out of stock and backorder" because they never received official word they DLE would not ship them. As a result Hobby King pissed off a ton of rcers who ordered DLE on backorder and were either never shipped or never backorder and then offered other products or inferior engines.
Hobbico is linked to Tower , DLE is very easy to find on the Tower website , the deal with DLE is with Hobbico =Tower =excluisve USA distribution to Tower customers .
Shenzhen Borin IMP is one of the factorys thry ALIExpress that you can get DLE shipped complete to the USA for $249 thru $269 total sale on a DLE 20 .
Yes , at one time the DLE 20 was $169 plus shipping via Hobby King , those days are gone becasue of the deal with Hobbico , unless they fail to perform in sales , then perhaps Hobby King will get the engine distribution back , only time will tell .
Old 06-25-2011, 06:53 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 345 Likes on 276 Posts

ORIGINAL: willig10

Do me a favor. Post a link where the DLE engine is available through Hobbico. Am I missing something because going to the Hobbico website, I see no engines available. Only planes and accessories.

For sure Hobby king has no DLE's available.

As stated before, the wholesalers are no longer able to cut throat the authorized distributors.

If you have a link that shows they are available and not a ''cached'' page. I sure would like to see it. If it makes you feel better PM me.

Thanks
Glenn Williams
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXAEPW&P=ML
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXZZH1&P=ML
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXXWA3&P=ML
Old 06-25-2011, 07:00 AM
willig10

I understand the engine is available from Tower Hobbies. It is not available directly from Hobbico.

When I asked for the link I was not asking for a tower hobbies link.

The post said they had a direct line to DLE. This is what I was looking for. It does not exist.

Regards
Glenn Williams
Old 06-25-2011, 07:19 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 345 Likes on 276 Posts

You asked where the engine was available from Hobbico. The answer is
1. Tower Hobbies if you want to buy it directly from them

or

2. From a hobby shop that buys wholesale from Great Planes.
Old 06-25-2011, 07:20 AM
a1pcfixer

.................................................. ..............
Hobbico is linked to Tower , DLE is very easy to find on the Tower website , the deal with DLE is with Hobbico =Tower =excluisve USA distribution to Tower customers .
.................................................. ..
Great Planes owns Tower Hobbies (retail outlet) and Hobbico (service {some might consider "service" & Hobbico an oxymoron}).

As noted in my post #37 Tower Hobbies/Hobbico does NOT have any exclusivity to sell DLE engines in the USA!
THAT is straight from DLE themselves!.

Anybody needing confirmation, contact;
lin d
[email protected]

Not sure just exactly who started that false rumor of TH being exclusive, but it's False.
First I heard of it was someone at OMP was rumored to be saying it, maybe yes/maybe no.
It might someday become true, but it's FALSE right now.

The lower prices now are what any authorized DLE distributor can sell at. The 3 USA distributors of Hobbico/TH,
VVRC, and TBM all are setting up various others in a sublet fashion. AeroWorks I believe gets theirs from VVRC.
Many LHS' gets theirs via Hobbico/TH.

Old 06-25-2011, 07:31 AM
a1pcfixer

ORIGINAL: willig10

The post said they had a direct line to DLE. This is what I was looking for. It does not exist.

Regards
Glenn Williams
Since Great Planes owns Hobbico and TH, it's referenced as Hobbico having them.
For TH to get deals with distributors, it's their parent company of GP that does the legal legwork.

GP, Hobbico, TH......it all gets intermingled often.

DLE has 6 authorized distributors in the USA, 2 of which are listed as Great Planes (aka TH).

List of ALL authorized DLE Distributors is here......
http://www.dlpower.net/custom.asp?id=7

That help?
Old 06-25-2011, 08:41 AM
vertical grimmace

Does it really matter where you get it? Or are you chasing the cheapest price? It looks to me now the prices are now pretty much set. I have bought from VVRC and prefer to do business with them. I like getting props from them especially.
Otherwise, you can get big discounts with Tower if you buy a lot of stuff. I personally would try to avoid Hobby King just because of the distance involved. Even if they were available from them cheaper. I will not go into service as I do not care about that. I service my own engines. I just need the parts.
Old 06-25-2011, 09:21 AM
Antique
My Feedback: (4)

Some semantics here...
I buy from a wholesaler, sell to my customers, it's cutthroat undercutting authorized distributors..
People get discounts from TH if they buy other stuff...
What's different ?
Old 06-25-2011, 09:53 AM
willig10

To be honest I could care less. I have 4 DLE 30 engines and a Zenoah G20ei. I am set. I just thought someone was saying you could buy DLE througha wholesaler like before.

Oh well no worries. If I buy another DLE it will be more than likely throught Tower or Jedi Jody.

I really do not care about the warranty. The parts for these engines can be ordered through Jedi Jody and are pretty decent in price. Also the engine is not complicated to work on.

Glenn Williams
Old 06-25-2011, 10:03 AM
a1pcfixer

.............................It looks to me now the prices are now pretty much set.....................................
That's been DLE' goal in dropping the former wholesalers.
Those desiring DLE's at wholesale prices keep wishing it would return.

There's a whole alphabet of other Chinese clones of a clone of a copy of a clone, clone to pick from.
Here's the current [link=http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/fb.asp?m=10566622]List of Chinese Engines.....[/link]
Old 06-25-2011, 10:35 AM
vertical grimmace

ORIGINAL: Antique

So how is getting discounts from T H not

Some semantics here...
I buy from a wholesaler, sell to my customers, it's cutthroat undercutting authorized distributors..
People get discounts from TH if they buy other stuff...
What's different ?
You do have to buy stuff from tower and then they send you emails with discounts. Discounts of like $50 on a $200 purchase. The thing is, this does you no good for a one time purchase. If you need to buy a bunch of stuff anyway though, You can save pretty big. I recently bought a bunch of retract items, struts etc and an engine. I ended up saving around $100. It is a matter of planning your purchase and having the Super saver club. With that, shipping is free.
I rarely can take advantage of that deal though. There are many other products that have strict retail pricing. This is nothing new. It would be nice I suppose to get a wholesale price, but I do not mind paying a little more to keep companies like VVRC around. Or even Tower for that matter. I have always liked Tower.
Old 06-25-2011, 11:24 AM
Whistling Death

As far as Tower is concerned you don't have to guy anything to get the discount. You just join the savers club, $9.99, then they email you the discount codes.
I use Tower a lot because we don't have a local hobby shop and never have, unless you consider 50 miles away local.
Old 06-25-2011, 02:56 PM
vertical grimmace

ORIGINAL: Whistling Death

As far as Tower is concerned you don't have to guy anything to get the discount. You just join the savers club, $9.99, then they email you the discount codes.
I use Tower a lot because we don't have a local hobby shop and never have, unless you consider 50 miles away local.
Maybe I never noticed that the discounts came after I joined. The thing is the more you buy, the more you save and it becomes a good deal.
Old 06-25-2011, 03:49 PM
cloudancer03
My Feedback: (22)

you know something go ahead with HK but and I mean but you wont get any customer support.nada!as for tower not sure what to say and I have seen the price with ad promos drop it.but frankly I bought mine from valleyview rc and have regretted it.jodi is easily acessible will answer your questions and gives very good support.and to be honest it came down between jodi and syassa in nearby conn ecticut.both engines are extremely good.but alotof the other chinnese out there aint worth a whole lot in my opinon.my next purchase likely will be the dle 20.
Old 06-25-2011, 04:33 PM
Broken Wings
My Feedback: (20)

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: cloudancer03

I bought mine from valleyview rc and have regretted it.

Did you leave a word out?....
Old 06-25-2011, 05:49 PM
Whistling Death

ORIGINAL: Whistling Death

Maybe I never noticed that the discounts came after I joined. The thing is the more you buy, the more you save and it becomes a good deal.
True. Last October they were sending me the codes for $60.00 off $300.00 or more so I lit them up.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.