Notices
Brushed/Brushless motors, speed controls, gear drives Discuss all aspects of brushless motors, brushed motors, speed controls (ESC's), gear drives and propellers in this forum.

Bearings size in Himax HC3510

Old 06-26-2011, 07:15 PM
Viragored

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bearings size in Himax HC3510

Does anyone know what size the bearings are in a Himax HC3510-110 brushless outrunner motor? Mine's making noises like it needs new bearings but I'm having trouble pinning down the size. All help gratefully received :-)
Old 06-26-2011, 08:51 PM
hugho

Default RE: Bearings size in Himax HC3510

BOCA bearings in Florida can probably tell you and even sell them to you. It's been awhile since I've done business with them , so I can't remember their address.
good luck
Old 06-26-2011, 08:58 PM
Viragored

Thanks for the pointer. The Boca web site looks pretty good and lists loads of motor makers - but not Himax. I'll email Boca and ask the question.

Meanwhile if anyone knows where the bearing sizes are to be found, I'd still love to hear about it!

PS - I should have mentioned that Himax do sell bearing sets, but their shipping charge to individuals overseas is something I'd like to avoid!
Old 07-22-2011, 12:07 PM
john47

Try AllERC, I found the same problem when I ordered from HiMax,postage cost was prohibitive
Old 07-22-2011, 01:08 PM
Viragored

Thanks - that looks like a good place to shop so I'll keep them bookmarked.

Just at the moment I've found a local dealer who occasionally imports from Himax, and he'll add some bearings for me to his next order. He too has to pay the huge fixed shipping charge, but every few weeks he does build up enough to order and make the shipping reasonable per item.