Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

Bead locks?

Old 07-03-2011, 08:33 AM
matt n rachael

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bead locks?

Hi all,

I am having issues with pre-mounted wheel/tires separating on my ERBE. Have you had success with bead locks? Or, is there a certain type of glue that works better than the rest?

Please help, this is driving me crazy!
Old 07-03-2011, 09:10 AM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Bead locks?

Beadlocks are foolproof, say goodbye to tire glue and tires ever coming off the rims, the disadvantage is that they are heavier.

However, a well glued set of tires will never come off. There are many guides to gluing MT tires on youtube.
Old 07-03-2011, 05:48 PM
matt n rachael

Well let me ask you this. If you have used any of the TRAXXAS brand monster truck tires in the past, did you do anything to them prior to using them? I am pretty upset that I have bought the GEODE style tires, premounted, and they all began to separate from the rim. Two of them literally tore! Then I bought the stock wheel and tire set-up and they are separating from the rims and one of those tore.
I am going to write to them and see if they will do anything for me because this is really dissappointing!

I am not worried about the weight of the beadlocks if you really think they can hold the tires on.

Any other suggestions are welcome.

Thanks
Old 07-03-2011, 10:17 PM
ohiowoodsrider250r
My Feedback: (2)

I am a huge fan of the 3.3 t maxx tire they are well..Pretty much perfect for offroading. they have nice self cleaning treads that are like an atv trail tire soft compound and seem to hook up to anything. plug they just look awesome
Old 07-03-2011, 10:55 PM
xerxes

i hav jus about lost faith in premountd weels & tires. seems nobody can do em rite. tt, losi, dtx,traxxis, all rip & separate.

u want it dun rite, do it urself
Old 07-03-2011, 11:24 PM
matt n rachael

I see in your sig that you have two erevos. Are they the brushless? If so, have you had the same issues? How did you remedy it?
ORIGINAL: ohiowoodsrider250r

I am a huge fan of the 3.3 t maxx tire they are well..Pretty much perfect for offroading. they have nice self cleaning treads that are like an atv trail tire soft compound and seem to hook up to anything. plug they just look awesome
Old 07-03-2011, 11:32 PM
matt n rachael

Nevermind, I checked your profile and noticed that you are only running an 80 amp esc. My problems don't occur often when I only use 4 cells, It usually happens while using 6.
ORIGINAL: matt n rachael

I see in your sig that you have two erevos. Are they the brushless? If so, have you had the same issues? How did you remedy it?

Old 07-04-2011, 07:52 AM
ohiowoodsrider250r
My Feedback: (2)

that melted last year ha ha..i am running an MMM now. i still plan to only run 4s though. asking anything to hold up to 6s power is asking alot ha ha
anyways i wrote an article on my return to rc and my switch to castle here on the traxxas section.
Old 07-04-2011, 09:04 AM
matt n rachael

I agree that 6s power is alot. However, I think that selling a truck with the power of the MMM with tires that literally fall apart within the first few runs is a crock of shart!

that melted last year ha ha..i am running an MMM now. i still plan to only run 4s though. asking anything to hold up to 6s power is asking alot ha ha
anyways i wrote an article on my return to rc and my switch to castle here on the traxxas section.
Old 07-04-2011, 09:54 AM
steed2-inactive

i have always had bad luck with traxxas talons ripping at the rim. the traxxas design wheel (at least the premounted talons) is horrible. the wheel cuts through the rubber from the inside when cornering hard on pavement. my best luck has been with hpi gt-2's on warlock rims. they seem to stand up to 6s fairly well.