Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Giant Scale Aircraft - General
Reload this Page >

ZIROLI P-51 scratch build

Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - General Discuss all other giant scale aircraft here.

ZIROLI P-51 scratch build

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2011, 07:07 AM
Leggtech69

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ZIROLI P-51 scratch build

Well after a long delay of buying wood and building courage, I have finally started the scratch build of my Ziroli P-51. I started with the stabalizer(mainly because I had the wood for that). I anticipate a long build as I am buying wood as I can afford it as well as the engine and landing gear. If anyone out there has built this plane of has any tips, please share as this is my first giant scale warbird, Not first scratch build however. I will be posting pictures of the build as it progresses. Thank you for your support in this project.

Scott Medina
Crescent, Oklahoma
Old 07-07-2011, 11:57 AM
STUKA BARRY

Default RE: ZIROLI P-51 scratch build

ORIGINAL: Leggtech69

Well after a long delay of buying wood and building courage, I have finally started the scratch build of my Ziroli P-51. I started with the stabalizer(mainly because I had the wood for that). I anticipate a long build as I am buying wood as I can afford it as well as the engine and landing gear. If anyone out there has built this plane of has any tips, please share as this is my first giant scale warbird, Not first scratch build however. I will be posting pictures of the build as it progresses. Thank you for your support in this project.

Scott Medina
Crescent, Oklahoma
Nicks plans are tried and true, just build right on the plans and you'll be amazed just how fast it goes together. You should'nt have any trouble at all.
Old 07-07-2011, 06:09 PM
Leggtech69

Thanks Barry, dont know how to insert pics here or i would post them, any help?
Old 07-07-2011, 07:54 PM
rickbrad
My Feedback: (30)

Scott,

There are a few methods to post pictures. If you have them on a site where folks can view them, you can usually embed them.

Easier, though, is to just use the link at the bottom of the edit or reply window "Click here to upload images and files!"

Just make sure and resize your pictures from the original size. They can be quite large and too high res for a forum. There is a really nice plug-in for resizing, just google or your favorite web search engine the term "powertoys image resizer". It is a utility that is available on the Microsoft web site that will allow you to resize for a 1280x1024 viewing, which is perfect for this forum or most others. Or 1024x768 will work well too.
Old 07-08-2011, 02:25 AM
Leggtech69

Thanks Rick but I am computer stupid and dont really understand what any of that means, I am use to my y7ahoo mail were i just insert image and select a pic and there it is. sorry.If there are more specific instuctions that might help me my email is [email protected]. when I click the insert / edit image buttom it asks for a URL? not sure what that is, sorry.
Old 07-08-2011, 03:06 AM
Leggtech69

Well the best I could do is post my pic in the giant scale photo gallery at the top of the page. It is listed as P-51 stab. thanks for looking and any tips or advise.