Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

Why Doesn't The AMA and the Hobby as a whole market to minorities?

Community
Search
Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

Why Doesn't The AMA and the Hobby as a whole market to minorities?

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2011, 11:49 PM
crash bandicoute

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Why Doesn't The AMA and the Hobby as a whole market to minorities?

i can't believe this thread lasted this long. i just have to get my two cents in before a moderator deletes the thread. (hopefully soon... this is retarded) get off your lazy *****, do some recruiting of your own, drop the racism $h!t, minority, whatever you want to call it, and go fly some planes. my friends and i didn't even know what the AMA even was OR that it even existed when we started flying years ago. i've never heard of any advertising FROM the AMA or evenABOUT the AMA, other than they want your money for you to be able to fly at a 'sanctioned' field. so where's the bigger problem? finding more people that may be interested in flying? or what the hell is the AMA doing with my money, if not advertising OUR (non-descriminative) hobby? seriously though, racism is so old and over, why can't people just be who they are and not worry about what others may think of them? does that make you a racist? does it make me a racist? no... just another pilot.
Old 07-11-2011, 04:10 AM
TxFlyGuy

What a WASTE of our Forum...he just wanted some Attention and Got it.
Old 07-11-2011, 04:59 AM
crash bandicoute

too tired for everything i had written before it was removed. quit crying about racism and minority shinanigans, learn about diversity, make some new friends and ask them to watch you fly. or if you feel froggy, let them fly your planes to see if they like it and want to get into the hobby. it's not about a single group to be seperated and treated special because of race, sex, religion, or WHATEVER else you think it's about. we're all pilots. do your own marketing and advertising. put up flyers or something. and how did the census thing get dragged into it? i must have been tired of it all by then. does the census bureau advertise for us now? GREAT!!! door to door shopping!!! hope they have a catalog... i need some glue.
Old 07-11-2011, 08:21 PM
djnsayne
My Feedback: (2)

It's so amazing to me how most people have jumped to conclusions instead of taking the question for what it is at face value.
Old 07-15-2011, 01:23 PM
Vettdriver

Seems like an easy way to grow the hobby, why are they afraid to do it?
The answer is simple . . . . Because right or wrong, the the Marketing Depts involved concluded that the data they had in front of them indicated that this will give them the best ROI.

This is, of course, based on the fact that their was a Marketing Dept responsible for product price, placement & promotion.

Period, End of Story.

It's just business
Old 07-18-2011, 06:14 AM
Sport_Pilot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Lots of minority ads out there. Go to the glow engine forum and you will see a glow engine ad! You might even see a 1/2 A aid on the small AC forum.
Old 07-21-2011, 02:22 PM
scottrc

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

ORIGINAL: Daniel-EL

I think ''the Hobby'' markets to people interested in RC models generally. I for one hope they don't ever start lumping people into unrelated groups for the purpose of developing marketing niches.

I agree in whole This hobby is about all I have left that isn't beating me down with PC BS and the politics of social and gender classification. Last thing I want to think of is that I have to declare myself a Gay Transgender African American with Islam as my religion and English as a second language in order to recieve an AMA discount.

Old 07-21-2011, 04:29 PM
TexasAirBoss
My Feedback: (22)

Timothy Johnson was born in Champaign, (the home of Tower Hobbies). It is good to hear that he supports our hobby. Thank you Mr. Johnson.
Old 07-22-2011, 04:17 AM
K-Bob
My Feedback: (1)

Someone who would beleive that "miniorities" can only benefit from marketing from like minorities needs to examine their own motivations and racist tendencies.

Just sayin'.
Old 07-22-2011, 09:22 PM
TxFlyGuy

I wish the Moderators would simply close this thread since it obviously has nothing to do with Our Hobby.......How Sad to allow it to 7 Pages. Just Ignore Ignorant Comments and maybe they will go elsewhere and aggravate someone else.

Mr Moderator does this Board Allow this kind of Nonsense? Really?
Old 07-24-2011, 03:08 PM
hook57
My Feedback: (21)

ORIGINAL: PilotFighter

ORIGINAL: hook57

ORIGINAL: hook57

''Why Doesn't The AMA and the Hobby as a whole market to'' .....
One armed guys and gals, one legged guys and gals,armless guys and gals, legless guys and gals (a lot of vets could use our support), the blind or other physically or mentally challenged;the gays, the lesbians, ex-cons,liberals, conservatives, pacifists, terrorists, Hispanics, Asians, Buddhists, Catholics, or Protestants? The list can get quite long unless you ''single'' out your preference (and you did).
The 2006 Census showed............
Haha !!!! The 2006 census !?! What did the 2007 census show ?
The point was to demonstrate the changes with respect to perceptions. Five years is not that far back, but compare it to the most recentCensus dataand you see the growing percentage differences. Thus one can conceptualize, if not recognize, that many former minorities will soon be the majority (so maybe the hobby industry is just getting ahead of the game).
hook
My point was that there is no such thing as the 2006 Census. The census is conducted every 10 years, such as in 2000 or in 2010. Because you quoted the 2006 Census it tends to erode convidence in your data. How can I believe someone that quotes a census that I know does not exists ? I do not dispute that our country is made of immigrants and that its composition is dynamic. I question a man that quotes the 2006 Census. I hope this makes things clear.
Been busy with work, but since PF is so wise and sage I'll add; that my point was not about counting or enumerating populations smart *****. A few minutes of searching before you open your cavernous cave and you might learn that for many "years between the decennial censuses, the Census Bureau issues estimates made using surveys and statistical models".That's a quote that even you should be able to dig uprather quickly. Oris ityou really think that the bureau workers who compile dataare furloughed every nine years. Somaybe, just maybe,perhaps you'd look a little smarter and a bit less questionable, if you asked or researched yourself before you call others questionable.
By the way, I didn't ask you or anyone to believe anything, and you've made only one thing clear. C'ya... not
hook

added: Silent8, you are right, and I should've said a "Census survey", butsuchtrivial details (that's a joke) are so overlooked in these forums (not a joke) that I didn't think it very necessary.
hook
Old 07-25-2011, 12:38 PM
hook57
My Feedback: (21)

Haha !!!! The 2006 census !?! What did the 2007 census show ?
[/quote]

The point was to demonstrate the changes with respect to perceptions. Five years is not that far back, but compare it to the most recentCensus dataand you see the growing percentage differences. Thus one can conceptualize, if not recognize, that many former minorities will soon be the majority (so maybe the hobby industry is just getting ahead of the game).
hook
[/quote]

My point was that there is no such thing as the 2006 Census. The census is conducted every 10 years, such as in 2000 or in 2010. Because you quoted the 2006 Census it tends to erode convidence in your data. How can I believe someone that quotes a census that I know does not exists ? I do not dispute that our country is made of immigrants and that its composition is dynamic. I question a man that quotes the 2006 Census. I hope this makes things clear.
[/quote]

Since my mood preceded my typinggetting mypostbeingremoved, let me correct itby saying it was a "2006 Census Survey" (published in the Washington Post) and often called a community survey (not a population count).I didn't readthe moderatorsreason for removingthe postand won't apologize for it since you could have easily asked where the data came from rather than assuming what it wasn't .
hook
Old 09-23-2011, 02:21 AM
Oberst
Banned

In liberal affirmative action on steroids aka New York State, the caucasian hetro white male is now the new minority.

Pete
Old 09-23-2011, 04:07 AM
Strat2003

I know it's risky to jump in on a multi-page thread without reading every post, but....

I think lots of us are missing the point of the original post. Many minorities are now in a position where they have enough disposable income to enjoy our hobby. My daughter live in an affluent neighborhood that's probably 40% African American, which would have been very unusual when I was growin up. These people have nice cars, boats, play golf and participate in other expensive passtimes, so it seems to me they're very good candidates to join us.
Scott
Old 09-23-2011, 04:09 AM
whipnet

ORIGINAL: Strat2003

I know it's risky to jump in on a multi-page thread without reading every post, but....

I think lots of us are missing the point of the original post. Many minorities are now in a position where they have enough disposable income to enjoy our hobby. My daughter live in an affluent neighborhood that's probably 40% African American, which would have been very unusual when I was growin up. These people have nice cars, boats, play golf and participate in other expensive passtimes, so it seems to me they're very good candidates to join us.
Scott
Yes, you need to read the thread. No one is arguing that black people are poor.

Old 09-23-2011, 06:28 AM
dionysusbacchus
My Feedback: (25)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: djnsayne

This forum is full of older white men. Older white men are statistically the most racist demographic in the country.

ROFL!! For a person that likes statistics you sure don't know what the hell you are talking about! You also don't sound very intelligent...
Old 09-23-2011, 07:58 AM
Oberst
Banned

ORIGINAL: dionysusbacchus

ORIGINAL: djnsayne

This forum is full of older white men. Older white men are statistically the most racist demographic in the country.

ROFL!! For a person that likes statistics you sure don't know what the hell you are talking about! You also don't sound very intelligent...

OMG! I second that. Why would he say such a thing?

Pete
Old 09-23-2011, 12:27 PM
Rafael23cc
My Feedback: (6)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

why would somebody dig up a 2 month old thread, other than to stir up some ..........

Here goes the AMA forum again.....

Rafael
Old 09-24-2011, 06:16 AM
ARUP

What's a minority? I'm just an American.
Old 09-24-2011, 08:23 AM
Oberst
Banned

ORIGINAL: ARUP

I wish it were that simple. I guess it's one of the side effects of America being one big melting pot.

Pete
Old 09-25-2011, 07:13 AM
K-Bob

ORIGINAL: Oberst

ORIGINAL: ARUP

I wish it were that simple. I guess it's one of the side effects of America being one big melting pot.

Pete
The "melting pot" is long gone. Try salad bowl.

Old 10-16-2011, 05:08 PM
BarksKT
My Feedback: (8)

It would be nice if we were ALL color blind with NOTHING different for ANY race. Only when this happens will we achieve harmony. Why should we pander to ANY particular group why not warmly invite all people as friends? Come on lets be color/gender blind and go have a good time together.
Old 10-16-2011, 05:14 PM
BarksKT
My Feedback: (8)

ORIGINAL: Ken Kehlet

I'm a MINORITY !! Are you you saying that I should not be in this type of Hobby ??
Get a job and purchase what you want. No one is stopping you. Enough of the MINORITY B.S.
Anybody is simply an ass if they CARE what color your skin is or where you are from. Come on guysthis is toy airplanes lets have fun!!!
Old 10-16-2011, 06:28 PM
Mr67Stang

In my club I believe at least half the members are other than white males. This of course has to do with the poulation demographics of my area. Our club memberships racial diversity is directly proportional to the racial diversity of the surounding poulation. I see no pint in the OP's staatements. Those that want to fly model planes can and will regardless of racial background.
Old 10-16-2011, 07:11 PM
combatpigg
My Feedback: (3)

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

DJinsane should eat his own cooking and put his own money up to prove the point he is trying to make.....rather than expecting others to take their own hard earned money and risk it on DJ's "Grande Vision" of how the business should be run.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.