Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

Vx .16 Engine

Old 07-18-2011, 10:02 AM
Gamb!t

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vx .16 Engine

hiya guys - a newb here... bought a RTRLightning STR from ebay...

unfortunately it came without a manual.

can any one please give me the factory settings for the LSN/HSN/idle please.

i have got the car working, she fires uphowever....

1. cant seem to adjust the idle/needles to get it to tick over without the wheels wanting to spin. - there was a clutch problem, - the spring on it had snapped, and the clutch did look a little worn, so bought a new one, fitted the new spring over the old shoes.... should i change the whole clutch out??

2. im also experiencing.... once i get her fired up, she wont ldle properly... and just cuts out me...

what am i doing wrong pleaes?? can any one help??

thanks in advance forthe assistance.

Gamb
Old 07-18-2011, 01:33 PM
codokas

Default RE: Vx .16 Engine

VX 16 =2 1/2 out on high and flush on the low
I've just changed the spring without any problems

DOUG
ORIGINAL: Gamb!t

hiya guys - a newb here... bought a RTR Lightning STR from ebay...

unfortunately it came without a manual.

can any one please give me the factory settings for the LSN/HSN/idle please.

i have got the car working, she fires up however....

1. cant seem to adjust the idle/needles to get it to tick over without the wheels wanting to spin. - there was a clutch problem, - the spring on it had snapped, and the clutch did look a little worn, so bought a new one, fitted the new spring over the old shoes.... should i change the whole clutch out??

2. im also experiencing.... once i get her fired up, she wont ldle properly... and just cuts out me...

what am i doing wrong pleaes?? can any one help??

thanks in advance forthe assistance.

Gamb
Old 07-18-2011, 02:28 PM
electricrc68
Banned

this is off topic, but just in case you ever need to buy one again, then here is a link.

Old 07-18-2011, 05:13 PM
Gamb!t

My apologies for being off topic, im new here too lol.

thanks for the facotry settings codokas - when you say - 2.5 turns out, you mean having had the valve screw in fully (turned clockwise without tightening) fully leaning the needle, then coming back 2.5 turns yeah??

electricirc - thanks for thelink mate, wouldnt happen to know where/how much i could pick up a new piston / sleave....

im gonna take the thing apart and strip it down, find out exactly whats going on... so on the off chance they look severly worn... im guessing it would be cheaper to replace just those parts than buy a new engine.... if so is it significantely cheaper? or would i be better investing in a new/bigger enigne??

Old 07-18-2011, 05:24 PM
electricrc68
Banned

oh you weren't off topic, i was hehe....sorry though idk where to find a new piston and sleeve. sorry maybe someone else will know.
Old 07-18-2011, 05:42 PM
Gamb!t

thanks any way pal.

ive just realised i read your original post wrong lol. - does the link youve posted deliver to the UK would you know?
Old 07-18-2011, 05:44 PM
electricrc68
Banned

im not sure if they will ship to the UK. i know that they are located in the united states and they will ship to Canada, but just not sure about to the UK. sorry. i feel really bad when i can't help lol.
Old 07-18-2011, 06:28 PM
codokas

Correct on the high speed needle
Turn the low speed mixture needle till the head of the screw is even to the lever
DOUG

thanks for the facotry settings codokas - when you say - 2.5 turns out, you mean having had the valve screw in fully (turned clockwise without tightening) fully leaning the needle, then coming back 2.5 turns yeah??

electricirc - thanks for thelink mate, wouldnt happen to know where/how much i could pick up a new piston / sleave....

im gonna take the thing apart and strip it down, find out exactly whats going on... so on the off chance they look severly worn... im guessing it would be cheaper to replace just those parts than buy a new engine.... if so is it significantely cheaper? or would i be better investing in a new/bigger enigne??

[/quote]