Notices
Electric Aerobatic & Sport Planes Discuss rc electric aerobatics and rc sport flyers here.

Nitroplanes RQ11 Raven

Old 03-10-2011, 06:48 PM
Aerosight

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Nitroplanes RQ11 Raven

Hey Guys, Me...Again! LOL

Prepping for a batch of the belly skid "Lump" in ABS pastic soon but had another ide for the base skid..

Take industrial sticky backed velcro the 2" wide type. trim as needed and stick the sticker half, not the looped soft one to the plane. Buy some 2" industrial grade non skid traction tape. It comes in grey and has a stick side as well and a rubberized non slip side. Trim it to match the base of the plane and stick the remaining velcro to the back of it so that the part that gets attached and is removable end up with velcro on one side and the nonslip rubberized part on the other. Stick the two items together on the belly of the plane. It will create a belly protection layer that cam be unstuck easily and replaced as needed.

If you bought our belly skid "Bump", atach it using plyable glue or a small amount of silicone so you can remove it if the bump gets all damage ovr time..
Old 03-20-2011, 07:03 AM
dorsai

I've received a number of new YouTube clips which feature modifications
to the RQ-11, which some may find of interest.Here's the links for those
who are looking for ways to make improvements to their bird-

Dropable landing gear -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1lHailuvifg

Nose modifications -
pt#1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3b2zXIdpuw

pt#2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QILW3JlpW8w

Old 03-20-2011, 10:01 AM
TexasWillis

There are a lot of great modification ideas on this thread. Yet, what happen to Papajeff's build thread? Did he move it or am I in the wrong place?

My experience with rc planes is very minimal so I rely on people like y'all to show people like me the ropes. I'm salivating over the ideas y'all have been posting. Wanting to minimize my mistakes I'm slowly building my Raven in hopes that the thread picks up again. I feel I need to finish the initial build before I start on all the great modification y'all have posted.

Is there another build thread for the RQ-11 that is as detail as the ones Papajeff does?
Old 03-20-2011, 01:14 PM
dorsai

TexasWillis,

Not sure what you're talking about? Papajeff's build thread covers the first half of this thread. just back up to start and you'll be
able to follow his build, as well as his subsequent comments.

Sincerely,

AndyV.
Old 03-20-2011, 04:37 PM
TexasWillis

Yeah I saw that. I just didn't know if his thread got high jacked by more advanced builder. Builders that didn't need the thread to build their plane but to modify it. Forgive me if I came off, or am coming of, as whining or complaining. I love reading about all the addon and look forward to reading more I just don't have the knowledge base to build this plane without a bunch of mistakes. I use Papajeff's detailed threads as my "RC Planes for Idiots." This and one other plane are the only two planes I'm really interest in. That is, of course, until Aerosight starts selling the Hawk.

I guess the only reason I even started posting on here again is I'm having a really hard time with this pull-pull set up. I've broken several clevises and run through a bunch of wire. I cannot get it tight enough to work well or I break one of those little dudes trying to put one on too tight. Lol I guess I should just ask for help with that part of the build. Lol I guess I should stop b*^ching. I'm just getting so frustrated and a trip to the hobby store is almost a 2 hour round trip. Grrr lol I thought this hobby was supposed to claim me down. Lol

Pictures help me out a ton.

Thanks.
Old 03-30-2011, 12:49 PM
dorsai

Here are several views of a modified, 7' wingspan version of the Nitroplanes RQ-11.
As soon as I have more details and a cost for the parts necessary to create this I'll
be posting them here.

Old 04-16-2011, 04:39 AM
EPRCmike

Has anyone else. besides me broken the horizontal stabilizer (horz stab)? I broke it unpacking the shipping box! So I take a day to repair & re-enforce the leading edge (LE). Since I gotta recover, it will be a color I can see.

My question is, How fragile is the vertical stabilizer?
and
Is there a source of replacement parts?
Old 07-19-2011, 04:12 AM
erikbruinsma

He guys, i bought this plane from the US and shipped it to the Netherlands and I really love it. It looks very good, however:

Is this normal?!

Old 07-19-2011, 04:32 AM
EPRCmike

That is the tail end of the tube. May be a photo distortion but the cuts look distorted. Don't see a big problem, be sure the surfaces are square when assembling.
Old 07-19-2011, 04:39 AM
erikbruinsma

It's about the cut indeed, it's very disorted. As wel horizontal als vertical. You had this too?
Old 07-19-2011, 10:01 AM
EPRCmike

No, mine were as straight a CNC machine could make them !
Old 09-26-2011, 02:42 PM
westy1957
My Feedback: (2)

Hello,
I am asking a Favor to you guys,
I live in Italy, and tried to order a Raven from Nitroplanes, but they don't ship international at all...
So, I am looking for someone very kind that can buy it to me and ship to me back in Italy with a normal shipping like Air Freight or so....... Not very expensive...
I can pay in advance, of coures......
Thankyou,
I hope to hear someone.....
Old 11-17-2011, 03:39 PM
Virtus

Hello all, I'm new to building planes. I'm making some modifications and upgrades to the RQ-11 Raven. I need to know if anyone knows the inside diameter of the motor housing (Cowl) before I buy the motor and it doesn't fit. I ordered the aircraft but have yet to recieve it. Please let me know if the cowl would fit a 62.8mm motor or the maximum size. I doubt it but I'm just wondering. Thanks for your help....
Old 08-19-2012, 03:39 PM
Drone_Nerd

Hello, nice job!

I don't find to buy this Projet Nitro-003 model, anywhere. Could you please tell me where a get it?

You planing do these upgrades for comercial proposes?

Thanks in advance!

Old 08-22-2012, 05:13 PM
dorsai

I see a couple people looking for a Nitroplanes Projet Nitro-003 model.I have
a N.I.B. kit whichI'd be willing to sell.Cost is 130.00 US plus shipping. If you
are interested please contact me c/o [email protected] BTW, I'm located in
SWFlorida USA.

Sincerely,

AndyVan Der Plaats