Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

servo saver

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2011, 08:44 PM
D4nY

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default servo saver

Hi i would like to know if anybody has tips on how to adjust the servo saver? i own a volcano s30 and when it came from the factory it was very loose and my truck had problem turning. ive tightened it but wonder if it is too tight now.. .is there a trick to know how it should be set?

Old 07-28-2011, 09:29 PM
jeffie8696

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: servo saver

Ijust finished replacing mine a few minutes ago. Ithink you are seeing just normal wear and tear, replacing mine tightened it right up and it was only $5. My old one wasnt really adjustable , seems soldered together or something, Itried to tighten it and it messed it up.
Old 07-29-2011, 10:28 AM
AllAboutFunHobbies

He's not seeing normal wear and tear if he took out of the box and it was loose.

It's kind of hard to explain what to adjust it to. The way we do it is, turn the wheel with your hand. it should be just tight enough so there is some give before the servo starts to move.
Old 07-29-2011, 02:14 PM
jeffie8696

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Imissed that part sorry.
Old 07-29-2011, 06:15 PM
ehroof

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if you have the car on and turn the wheels by hand you should see a gap form where the 2 parts of the saver meet with some pressure on turning it, not much pressure, if you start to feel too much resistance and no gap then its too tight. Make sure you have the radio on too so the servo wont move.
Old 07-29-2011, 06:42 PM
AllAboutFunHobbies

Ya he's right it will work better with the radio on.
Old 07-30-2011, 12:02 PM
lakesrunner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This was the first and only problem I've had since having the Volcano S30 for a month. The knurled nut for the saver kept moving up and would make it near impossible to turn on any surface. I tightened mine down and left a 2mm gap and put a few drops of loc-tite on top and has been fine now for 3 weeks or so.