Community
Search
Notices
RC Robotics and Autonomous Robots Discuss autonomous and radio control robots and anything related to robotics in here

Servo Question

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2011, 02:17 PM
dkeene

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Servo Question

Howdy All
I just bought a HS-805BB hitec servo. I have other servo's working fine but this just goes a few degrees forward and backward when I send information to it. I can rotate it gently and it's not stuck. Is this common? Is it broken?
I really need this to work!

Thanks
Doug
Old 07-29-2011, 03:49 PM
lejongleur
My Feedback: (10)

Default RE: Servo Question

Can you test it with a servo driver/tester? If you have, and the same tester worked fine with other servos, and you checked/rechecked the connections without success, you must have a bad servo. If you are using a receiver, switch it to another channel which you KNOW is working - if it doesn't work there, bad servo. If it DOES work in another channel, there could be a problem with the receiver.

Hope this helps...Chris
Old 08-02-2011, 08:48 AM
JustHover

The 805 has the potential to draw a lot of current. What are you using to send control pulses to the servo?
Old 08-02-2011, 09:17 AM
dkeene

Hi, All
Thanks for your help. Ispoke with the Manufacturer and he thought it was defective. Just my luck. I tried everything. The current was adequate. The servo driver drives other servos correctly.
Thankx