Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Best beach basher?

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2011, 04:17 PM
collector1231
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Best beach basher?

If you could fit some sand paddles on a stock slash, you'd enjoy it.
Old 07-04-2011, 06:07 PM
DriftingDragon

iv seen it but my slash is fubar
Old 07-04-2011, 10:09 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie
My Feedback: (3)

ORIGINAL: plasmaedge

Im not sure on this but i think the new efirestorm flux has the castle sidewinder 4600kv system instead ov the 5700kv

So it can handle 3s lipo, or 10c ni-xx

Edit, just read up and its got a 4800kv motor, and can handle 3s lipo, so 10c ni-xx should be fine, correct me if im worng guys
10 cell Nickel battery wouldn't hurt the system, but holy crap would it suck. Voltage sag with NiMh just SUCKS.

When ThunderbirdJunkie first built his SC10 with a Sidewinder 4600 combo, he ran some old NiMh GP3300 race packs until he could afford to go LiPo. When he went LiPo, HOLY CRAP...what a DIFFERENCE!!!!!!!

There is no reason to screw with NiMh or NiCd especially.
Old 07-05-2011, 10:16 AM
DriftingDragon

ORIGINAL: ThunderbirdJunkie

Im not sure on this but i think the new efirestorm flux has the castle sidewinder 4600kv system instead ov the 5700kv

So it can handle 3s lipo, or 10c ni-xx

Edit, just read up and its got a 4800kv motor, and can handle 3s lipo, so 10c ni-xx should be fine, correct me if im worng guys
10 cell Nickel battery wouldn't hurt the system, but holy crap would it suck. Voltage sag with NiMh just SUCKS.

When ThunderbirdJunkie first built his SC10 with a Sidewinder 4600 combo, he ran some old NiMh GP3300 race packs until he could afford to go LiPo. When he went LiPo, HOLY CRAP...what a DIFFERENCE!!!!!!!

There is no reason to screw with NiMh or NiCd especially.

i would get a lipo but i dont have enough for a lipo charger right now
Old 07-07-2011, 06:45 AM
Hondasarecool

I can give you two great suggestions, and I'm running both of these trucks and they run don the beach great. I have an hpi blitz that I run a vxl and a 3s lipo. I let my friend borrow my tires so I out on some stampede tires. The thing rips across sand. I call it the blitzinator. I also run a vxl E-MAXX which is a blast on 3s but gets hot so I have 2 fans, 1 on esc 1 on motor. It runs nice and cool now. I say that either of these options are good. Oh and by the way, I run a maxamps 6000xl 3s lipo in both trucks. Expensive, but if you do break it, like I did, I sent an email with the battery inflated in a pic and I got a new one a couple weeks later. 100% free, no charge.
Old 07-08-2011, 11:54 AM
john01374

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

We went to Silver lake dunes last summer and I took my VXL bandit. Ran a set of paddles on the rear and made my own blade type front tires from some old tires I had laying around and some orings. Ran it for 3 days and never had a single issue. Tear down and clean up is also super simple on the traxxas 2WD models so you won't cuss too much afterward.

Regardless of which model you choose I would go with any one of the Traxxas 2WD trucs with the exception of the Slash... Truck is heavy and long and the tires are thin and it likes to dig itself into the sand. Ask me how I know.

Only area I would be concerned with is the gearbox cover. It does have a hole in the bottom that lets dirt and junk in. A piece of tape with close this up or you can buy the RPM cover without the hole.
Old 07-09-2011, 12:41 PM
plasmaedge

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ive got my beach basher, 2010 tamiya holiday buggy    i love impulse purchases
Old 07-09-2011, 05:48 PM
RRHobbyDepot

great suggestion, I should take my E-converted baja to the beach sometime too.
Old 07-09-2011, 07:02 PM
the nitro way

my blitz flew  at the socal beach blitz is good in sand ..... it looks like a sand boat when its turning btw the blitz is a great basher-racer any where
just needs to be upgraded to water proof brushless  just make sure u get the new wp blitz
Old 07-09-2011, 07:08 PM
RRHobbyDepot

We do the WP Blitz shipped for $235 if anyones interested.
Old 07-09-2011, 10:08 PM
cummins driver
My Feedback: (31)

Id look at the Associated T4.1, or the HPI E-Firestorm, or a VXL stampede on either 2s or 3s. Whichever looks the best to you. I think a stadium truck stays planted in the front better than the stampede, but the stampede is a lot of fun and the ground clearance can help at times. The associated is quite a bargain when it comes to stadium trucks. I took my stampede to the beach with Masher 2k's in the rear and it did really well. No problem with traction. It would pack the front wheels until you let off the throttle. Climbed some sand hills with no problems either. My father in law took his speed t with the same brushless system and same tires. It seems to do ok, but the sand where people had been walking slowed his down more than it did my stampede i think.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Rp42697.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	125.5 KB
ID:	1633312   Click image for larger version

Name:	Xt60262.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	99.8 KB
ID:	1633313  
Old 07-31-2011, 11:17 AM
namewasdallas

Get the HPI E Firestorm flux, It is waterproof  it now comes with a 2.4ghz reciever.

The Storm comes with a awesome all metal gear tranny. The Motor is a Re-Bagged Castle creations sidewinder V2 4800kv and ESC and can run on 3s Lipo.

People say on 2s they will go 50mph stock put in a good 3s and im sure it would go 60mph. It's overall a great truck im ordering one once i get my check for work. Also you could do a few minor mods and race the truck or just simply bash it on the beach with the sande paddel tires
Old 07-31-2011, 03:37 PM
ScottStaypuff

Ill reccomend what i think is your best option.

Hpi E-firestorm flux with paddles on back and ribs on front.

It will fly across the sand due to being light and still have decent ground clearance .

I did exactly this at Myrtle last year. Only ran it once, because of the salt, but it was awesome! Drew a pretty big crowd, most people have never seen a hobby quality RC in action. Just watch spraying sand on innocent beach goers! (oops...)
Old 07-31-2011, 10:28 PM
t9dragon
My Feedback: (11)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here is a video of my Savage Flux in the sand.. I don't have to worry to much about people being in the way as the beach we go to is kind of secluded

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WRhgc5zjjBQ[/youtube]

And here is a video of mine and my son's 4wd Slash's on the beach...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2g3ACIX26wg[/youtube]
Old 08-01-2011, 03:43 PM
CustomTamiyas4Life
My Feedback: (34)

Brushless 2wd buggy or st with paddles and lipo would get my vote. Light, fast, and turn well. I like the e-firestorm. Light, affordable, metal gears, handles well without sacrificing durability.