Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

Total write off

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2011, 01:14 PM
fudi50
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Total write off

I have a JR 9303 with a new 2.4 modul with a new 9300 Spectrum Rx installed in a near new Ava Electric with a CAM
I had powered up to max motor height into a thermal every thing is fine. Disaster in error I turned off the Tx the Ava dove straight ddown to the ground the only parts salvagble the boom /rudder/fin/elevator Neu motor is Ok! ESC Ok! Rx case cracked.
When on the bench I believe that I have turned off the Tx and turnedd back on again with no problem. My questions is will the Tx seek the Rx and log on at altitude or not
A sad flyer
David
Old 08-04-2011, 11:07 PM
electricpete

Default RE: Total write off

why
Old 08-05-2011, 02:25 AM
P47Tbolt
My Feedback: (20)

Are you saying you turned off the transmitter while flying???Why??You say it was an error.
How so?The on/off switch should never be touched while flying.
If so,why would you do that?no signal to receiver,so the aircraft will probably crash considering the
relink time.
I bet you will never do it again.you learn from your mistakes.Very hard lesson learned though[]
Old 08-05-2011, 04:05 AM
BuschBarber
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: fudi50

I have a JR 9303 with a new 2.4 modul with a new 9300 Spectrum Rx installed in a near new Ava Electric with a CAM
I had powered up to max motor height into a thermal every thing is fine. Disaster in error I turned off the Tx the Ava dove straight ddown to the ground the only parts salvagble the boom /rudder/fin/elevator Neu motor is Ok! ESC Ok! Rx case cracked.
When on the bench I believe that I have turned off the Tx and turnedd back on again with no problem. My questions is will the Tx seek the Rx and log on at altitude or not
A sad flyer
David
I have had two JR XP9303 Tx's for 4 years. One has the Spektrum 2.4 module and one has the JR 72Mhz Synthesized RF Module. Never a problem with either.

If you get Interference and the Rx looses the signal from the Tx, the Rx goes into Failsafe and the Throttle goes to Idle until the Signal is restored. When the Signal comes back, you immediately have control. If you turn off the Tx, there is no signal to the Rx and it again goes into Failsafe, but the signal will not be restored until you turn on the Tx again.

There is no reason to turn off the Tx while flying.

If the Rx looses power or has a Brownout, there is no Failsafe.

Depending upon the Rx, you can set Failsafe to Hold all channels, except Throttle, or have each channel go to Preset conditions when a Failsafe Event happens.
Old 08-05-2011, 05:11 AM
Zeeb
My Feedback: (41)

Received 67 Likes on 54 Posts

Well if the OP turned off the tx, it's going to take 3 to 5 seconds for the rx to connect again when he turns the tx back on. That might be enough time to crunch the model. This was the original issue with power brownouts in that it took so long for the rx to re-connect after a power loss, this is what the Quick Connect firmware fixed.

DSMX will correct the 3 to 5 second initial connect time to almost instantly, but you loose the power brownout indication.
Old 08-05-2011, 05:12 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 351 Likes on 281 Posts

To the original question, if the transmitter is powered off and on it should connect instantly. There is no "relink" time with any Spektrum/JR system bought in the last couple of years but anything older I would perform a simple check to make sure you have the latest firmware.
Old 08-05-2011, 05:15 AM
Zeeb
My Feedback: (41)

Received 67 Likes on 54 Posts

ORIGINAL: BarracudaHockey

To the original question, if the transmitter is powered off and on it should connect instantly. There is no ''relink'' time with any Spektrum/JR system bought in the last couple of years but anything older I would perform a simple check to make sure you have the latest firmware.
Umm.... don't think so Andy....

If you turn off the DSM2 tx and then back on, it's got to scan the band and pick two frequencies and then the rx has to find the new frequencies. Takes time.
Old 08-05-2011, 05:41 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 351 Likes on 281 Posts

Oh duh! I haven't had my coffee yet! I was thinking reciever brown out.
Old 08-05-2011, 08:13 AM
duworm

Sounds like failsafe may have been with down elevator. Or, what so many do is to set it up on the bench, and then make a bunch of trim change once at the field. So far, so good. Once done trimming, YOU MUST REBIND THE AIRCRAFT to set the new falsafe.

Duworm
Old 08-05-2011, 08:29 AM
fudi50
My Feedback: (3)

It would seem Zeeb is righ, about delay don't take long for a model to hit the ground.
But just to reply to the comment the Tx should never be turned off, Ok! but I am as they tell me older than dirt! and the feeling in my hands some what limited added to the link between action and mind alo limited. Na aint that bad but I do have numbness in my hands and that contributed to my error. So iff you see me flying perhaps it would be prudent to stand close to me, I will not hit me.
David AKA The Brit
Old 08-05-2011, 09:23 AM
RonR214

ORIGINAL: fudi50

.,,,,,,,,,,,,, So iff you see me flying perhaps it would be prudent to stand close to me, I will not hit me.
David AKA The Brit

David, don't count on that. I have seen someone do it and it looked like it smarted.

Ron