Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Anyone sent a motor to Jet Central for repair this summer?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Anyone sent a motor to Jet Central for repair this summer?

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2011, 10:29 AM
gruntled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Anyone sent a motor to Jet Central for repair this summer?

If so, what kind of turn-around time did you see?
Old 08-11-2011, 11:11 AM
sskianpour
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: Anyone sent a motor to Jet Central for repair this summer?

Yes I have. Sent in my 3 rhinos for annual service as it has been too hot to fly. They were sent in and serviced, and returned in a reasonable amount of time. I did not use a calendar to keep track since I have always received prompt and effective service from Eric and Jet Central.

Shaz
Old 08-11-2011, 11:48 AM
rhklenke
My Feedback: (24)

Received 34 Likes on 21 Posts

We sent one in before Ky Jets and we had it back within two weeks, I think it was. Louie talked with Eric several times along the way (it was his engine for the Eurosport) to keep tabs on it, but it went down to Mexico and back pretty quickly.

Got an engine that's been at JetCat now for a bit longer for servicing - tick tock...

Bob
Old 08-11-2011, 12:20 PM
gruntled

OK. Thanks.

I sent a motor in on May 20th. I received an invoice for the repairs on June 23rd. I paid the invoice by credit card on June 24th. I still do not have the motor back. I was wondering if this was typical for the busy summer season or not. It seemed like an awful long time to me.
Old 08-11-2011, 12:31 PM
sailing1
My Feedback: (134)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

They have always shipped mine the day the invoice was paid. I would just give Eric a call and let him track it down.
Old 08-11-2011, 12:40 PM
rhklenke
My Feedback: (24)

Received 34 Likes on 21 Posts

ORIGINAL: gruntled

OK. Thanks.

I sent a motor in on May 20th. I received an invoice for the repairs on June 23rd. I paid the invoice by credit card on June 24th. I still do not have the motor back. I was wondering if this was typical for the busy summer season or not. It seemed like an awful long time to me.
Oh yea, I would have called Eric on the 25th if I hadn't gotten a tracking number or notice that it was coming back. Definitely give him a call and I'm sure he'll track it down.

Bob
Old 08-11-2011, 12:48 PM
Bill Hatcher
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Gruntled, If I knew who you were I would have Eric call you. Since I don't please call him, he is in his office right now and will be very happy to help.

His phone number is 941-468-1246
thanks
Old 08-11-2011, 01:48 PM
gruntled

Thank you. I have contacted Eric every 2-3 weeks since sending the motor in (most recently abut 10 days ago). He did not have any specific details, but told me that Mexico is very busy and motors are processed on a first-in first-out basis. That is why I was wondering what other people's times have been.
Old 08-11-2011, 01:49 PM
jetmon

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Hello gruntled
Can you please give me the turbine model and serial number so we can track it?
Thanks

Juan
Old 08-11-2011, 02:19 PM
David Jackson
My Feedback: (15)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Gave a Rhino to Eric at Kentucky Jets on July 10th, and was inform early this week that the engine is ready to be shipped back to me. IMO, that's a ready good turn around time. [8D]
Old 08-11-2011, 03:36 PM
gruntled

ORIGINAL: jetmon

Hello gruntled
Can you please give me the turbine model and serial number so we can track it?
Thanks

Juan
Hello Juan:

It is a super bee. Serial # JF50-228. I paid $800 to Eric on 06/24.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	xv63242.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	37.6 KB
ID:	1647778  
Old 08-12-2011, 10:58 AM
gruntled

Juan:

Any luck finding my motor?
Old 08-12-2011, 03:08 PM
gruntled

Juan:

Thank you for taking my call this evening. I understand that you will finally be shipping my turbine back today and will be sending me a tracking number shortly. 

As I mentioned on the phone, I am confused as to how you did not know that I had paid Eric two months ago given that Eric told me he was checking with you on the status periodically over the last couple of months. It is a rather strange circumstance and I am disappointed it took this much fuss to get an answer and that most the flying season has been lost.

I look forward to receiving the motor. Thank you for your assistance.
Old 08-12-2011, 04:22 PM
gruntled

Tracking number received.
Old 08-12-2011, 06:11 PM
jamesef91

I am glad your difficulty seems to be resolved. I sent a super bee out and was very happy to recieve it back about six weeks later. Unfortunately I need to increase the delay for high altitude operation. For three weeks now I have been trying to get hold of Eric to help unlock the ecu. 5 times now I have been told he was busy and to expect a call back. I have tried to be patient and recognize he has been busy with Kentucky jets and WJM, but three weeks, really. All I need is five minutes of his time and can't get a call back. I sent an inquiry direct to support on the jet central site a few days ago and have yet to hear back. Anyway the point, anyone know how to unlock the xeicoy ecu?
Old 08-12-2011, 06:44 PM
smitty1001
My Feedback: (29)

PM sent.

Wow, I am really surprised to see these posts. Does not seem to jive with the experiences of others - I am sure Eric and Juan will clear this up on here soon. To those involved, don't lose faith, this is not typical!
Old 08-12-2011, 07:59 PM
757Driver
My Feedback: (90)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I shipped my bunnie out for service and got it back in less than 14 days. Excellent service. THANK YOU ERIC!
Old 08-13-2011, 03:39 AM
rcguy!
My Feedback: (69)

This is unusual for Eric. I see only 1 post on RCU over a month ago from him. Although his last log on was 8/6. Maybe he is taking a much needed vacation these last 2 months. If not, "get well soon" may be in order? Something is up as your event is an exception......

Dave
Old 08-13-2011, 04:23 AM
bevar
My Feedback: (27)

Well, it seems that you were being fed a story. Just wait for the excuses to start rolling in...when there should be none.

Beave

As I mentioned on the phone, I am confused as to how you did not know that I had paid Eric two months ago given that Eric told me he was checking with you on the status periodically over the last couple of months. It is a rather strange circumstance and I am disappointed it took this much fuss to get an answer and that most the flying season has been lost.
Old 08-13-2011, 04:49 AM
bevar

Oh...and before everyone starts dog piling on me for bashing Jet Central...I am not. Felipe and Juan are two of the most stand up guys I know and make a fine line of products and will do whatever it takes to please a customer.

It's a shame they do not go to direct factory sales and service. They could then assemble a small group of field reps that help guys at shows. Many many pilots say that would be the best thing for Jet Central to do...and I mean a lot of their current and former customers because they are getting tired of the runarounds after the sale.

Beave

Old 08-13-2011, 05:00 AM
rcguy5

I just spoke to Eric yesturday and have never had a problem contacting him. Emails are always answered same day even if he is at an event. I had a pitot probe replaced for the speed sensor and Eric had it ordered the next day and it was overnighted to me in toronto from mexico. I sent in for service two years ago around april or may and got it back in less than two weeks. Beaver or whatever, if you have a personal vendetta with Eric then don't try to make him look bad here on rcu. I guess certain characters don't get along with many different people and I have heard of the character you are. And no, don't get too excited as this did not come from Eric.

Mike
Old 08-13-2011, 05:06 AM
jamesef91

Smitty1001 thankyou. I will be home Sunday afternoon and will greatly appreciate your help. I also want to express that the excellent reputation of Eric and jet central weighed heavily in my decision to purchase the super bee. I am sure there is a reason for my experience. Finally my post was a plea for help and not intended to be any sort of personal attack.
Old 08-13-2011, 05:41 AM
RCISFUN
My Feedback: (44)

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Well since KY jets Eric has been busy with both Jet Related and non Jet Related issues, he has attended The WJM, then on to last weeks event in Hamburg PA, every time I see Eric he is on his phone taking calls from customers.

Like Smitty1001 said, I'm sure either Juan or Eric will get back to you soon.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ki19455.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	113.8 KB
ID:	1648284  
Old 08-13-2011, 07:01 AM
jetmon

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: bevar

Well, it seems that you were being fed a story. Just wait for the excuses to start rolling in...when there should be none.

Beave

No excuses here Boli, It was my mistake, I got confused because mail I didn't get and a name confusion, we have another client with a very similar last name and you know my English, not the best
So I'm the one to blame here and I am very sorry with Mr. Gruntled for taking out most of his flying season

Regards
Old 08-13-2011, 07:46 AM
bevar

Mike,

The truth shall set you free. I talked to a very upset and angry customer who recently bought both a Rabbit and Rhino from Eric and can not get either one to run. Eric stopped answering the phone, email or texts for weeks. That's right...I said weeks. Oddly enough, when the customer finally texted Eric saying both engines were being returned and he wanted his money back...guess who suddenly appeared.

This is a common story...it happens more than it does not. You are either burying your head in the sand or simply "shilling" as happens all the time.

As I said, there are no finer guys that Juan and Felipe, and Jet Central makes a wagon load of fine products...it's just the BS with the distributor that soils it.

BTW...there was no bigger supporter/enthusiast "insider" than myself for years and everyone knows it. I have happily moved on to better things but do indeed know "what goes on". Sorry you seem to not.

I have a basic rule that governs friendships/relationships ETC. It goes like this: Do not lie to me, do not try to screw me and do not ever threaten to sue me...because when you do that...you are going after my family and no matter what...do not do all three at the same time. It's just a matter of time...your eyes will open.

Beave

ORIGINAL: rcguy5

I just spoke to Eric yesturday and have never had a problem contacting him. Emails are always answered same day even if he is at an event. I had a pitot probe replaced for the speed sensor and Eric had it ordered the next day and it was overnighted to me in toronto from mexico. I sent in for service two years ago around april or may and got it back in less than two weeks. Beaver or whatever, if you have a personal vendetta with Eric then don't try to make him look bad here on rcu. I guess certain characters don't get along with many different people and I have heard of the character you are. And no, don't get too excited as this did not come from Eric.

Mike

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.