Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

Why Plastic Rims?

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2011, 06:14 AM
chumly222

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Why Plastic Rims?

Has anyone else had trouble with the rims on a volcanoS30? All four of mine broke. Right where the nut holds it on the shaft. I put washers on them and tightened the nut. So far so good with that but now the inside of the rim where the hex goes in the rim just spins around and wont turn the wheels. It has stripped them out. Is there an aluminum rim that can be purchased to keep this from happening again or am I stuck buying cheap plastic rims for this truck?
Old 08-14-2011, 06:51 AM
masterhacker1989

Default RE: Why Plastic Rims?

Is there a 17mm wheel nut avalibllle for that? I had that problem with my tmaxx, and i ended up getting 23mm ones, solved my problem. but thats over kill 17 should be fine. Plastic rims are pretty much standard to save on weight and cost, ive seen aluminum ones but your looking at like $150 and up for a set of them. I think Ipaid like 50 for a set of proline 40 series mashers and the matching 23mm rims
Old 08-14-2011, 08:24 AM
chumly222

I dont know bout the 17mm nut. My truck came with 12mm hex nuts. Im kinda sick of breaking them tho. the rims are so cheaply made. I think im gona look for a good set. Not worried bout them being a lil more expensive. whats the sense in having a nitro truck that I cant drive if the wheels keep falling off or wont even turn?
Old 08-15-2011, 11:58 AM
AllAboutFunHobbies

Ya you can get Aluminum rims. They're around $100 a set.