Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Events, Shows and Fun Flys - Airplanes
Reload this Page >

Scramble, Warbirds Over The Rockies in Coming

Community
Search
Notices
Events, Shows and Fun Flys - Airplanes Discuss details of events, shows and fun fly's in here. Be sure to also list events in our events calendar!

Scramble, Warbirds Over The Rockies in Coming

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2011, 02:14 PM
Bird of Paradise
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Scramble, Warbirds Over The Rockies in Coming

Scramble All Warbird Pilots - The 8th Annual Warbirds Over The Rockies is little more than one month away! Be There!!!

This year's guest speaker at the Saturday evening banquet will be famed triple ace and pilot of Old Crow, Colonel Clarence E. "Bud" Anderson ([link]http://www.cebudanderson.com/budanderson.htm[/link]). Bud destroyed 16 1/4 enemy aircraft during WWII. As an added bonus, members of the 4th Fighter Group ([link]http://www.fourthfightergroup.com/[/link]), who will be in Denver for a reunion, will also be attending on Friday. This will be a fantastic opportunity to meet these heroes from WWII

There are a number of pilots preregistered with including pilots from Brazil, England and other foreign countries. Registration is easy via PayPal or check. Complete information and fill-able forms can be downloaded on the website at http://www.warbirdsovertherockies.com.

Many vendors are registered to attend, pilots prizes are coming in and a great banquet with Bud Anderson and the usual live auction of $1000's in merchandise.

Brian and I hope to see you in September.

Be There!!

Mike Harrington
CD and Event Co-Director
Old 08-14-2011, 07:33 AM
lfierro1

Default RE: Scramble, Warbirds Over The Rockies in Coming

I have a couple questions for pilots that have attended this event. 1. About how many pilots attend. 2. Is there any chance you will actually get to fly or are there just too many people. I am fairly close, but its not worth the drive to just watch. Thanks for your answer.
Old 08-14-2011, 11:44 AM
Bird of Paradise
My Feedback: (4)

Typically there are 125-140 pilots, some who fly a lot while others just like to attend and get is a flight or two. There are continuous flight ops (9-5 pm) and a well managed flight line with 6 or more flight stations depending on the types of aircraft. As far as I know most attendee get to fly as much as they want There no reason why you would not have many chances to fly.

Mike
WOTR CD and Co-Director
Old 09-02-2011, 12:45 PM
mmorg1
My Feedback: (11)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have gone the past four years and have not had any problems getting enough flight time. Between two airplanes I burn about 1 gallon of gas per day or 15 plus flights per day.