Electric Pattern Aircraft Discuss epowered pattern aircraft in this forum

Spektrum Dx8

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2011, 08:28 PM
platnuim1
My Feedback: (62)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spektrum Dx8

Would anyone trust using a Dx8 for their pattern plane?
Old 08-19-2011, 08:35 PM
matt13

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Spektrum Dx8

All I could say about Spektrum is I have been using a Spektrum module in my JR Tx, with their Carbon friendly reciever and Data Logger in my Wind 2mtr.
Good results so far, some others in my area use the Spektrum Tx's but I'm not sure which ones.
Old 08-20-2011, 02:32 AM
bem
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Spektrum Dx8

Hi,

I suppose a brand new DX8 that comes from the Spektrum factory today should be OK. But I think I would hesitate to use one of the older one that came out first that had the bug(s) even if it has been sent in to be fixed. Why take a chance with an expensive pattern plane? You have other radio alternatives out there so personally I would really weight pros and cons regarding the DX8 before I would use it in a pattern plane. But that is me and I'm probably over sensitive to this type of radio problems that should have been tested and taken care of before a radio was released. I have absolutely nothing against Spektrum, it is only the DX8 I would hesitate with for known reasons.

/Bo