Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

Redcat XSC

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2011, 08:36 AM
whayden2003
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Redcat XSC

Got two of these guys coming from rob at rampage hopups should be here tommorrow thought I go ahead and get the tread ready. Pics hopefully tommorrow.
Old 08-18-2011, 09:01 AM
Ttam Says Blarg

Default RE: Redcat XSC

Cool

Just wondering but why did you buy two?
Old 08-18-2011, 09:58 AM
whayden2003

One for me and one for my brother. Going to have some fun racing these things together.
Old 08-19-2011, 05:25 AM
46u
My Feedback: (3)

Am I correct in my thinking and the XSC is basiclty the same platform as the XT and XB? If so get some better servos and the 7075 RC front and rear knuckles. These are known issues. I hope to be getting a XB and have done a lot of research. Keep us posted and have fun.
Old 08-19-2011, 06:46 AM
csp1971

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: 46u

Am I correct in my thinking and the XSC is basiclty the same platform as the XT and XB? If so get some better servos and the 7075 RC front and rear knuckles. These are known issues. I hope to be getting a XB and have done a lot of research. Keep us posted and have fun.
You are correct.

As for the front and rear knuckle issues, I have a couple dozen tanks through my XB and I don't have any issues with the bearings or knuckles yet. I will eventually be ordering the alloy stuff when replacement time comes.
Old 08-19-2011, 06:49 AM
46u

ORIGINAL: csp1971

You are correct.

As for the front and rear knuckle issues, I have a couple dozen tanks through my XB and I don't have any issues with the bearings or knuckles yet. I will eventually be ordering the alloy stuff when replacement time comes.
Since I do not have my XB yet I can not say from experience but from going to the Red Cat forum read about a lot of people lucky to get a couple tanks out of them. How are your stock servos holding up?
Old 08-19-2011, 07:02 AM
bbuzzard
My Feedback: (5)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes, that is the correct approach ...the only bearings issue I had was in the transmission. I replaced the gear holder with the older style version since it uses the bigger bearings and no isssues with them ever since.

Old 08-19-2011, 07:16 AM
46u

Check this out.
http://www.redcatrampageforum.com/showthread.php?t=5880
Old 08-19-2011, 08:06 AM
csp1971

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

You are correct.

Since I do not have my XB yet I can not say from experience but from going to the Red Cat forum read about a lot of people lucky to get a couple tanks out of them. How are your stock servos holding up?

Stock servo? What is that? LOL

I'm actually using the rtr steering servo and have had good luck. I had a hitec servo that was just sitting, so I put replaced the rtr servo with that one for throttle/brake. The steering servo is ok. And I give it an ok on the scale of Great to OK. I'll replace it when it dies though. I have a backup waiting to go in there, but it can sit until this thing dies.
Old 08-19-2011, 08:16 AM
46u

Here is some more interesting reading.
http://www.redcatrampageforum.com/showthread.php?t=5410

When I get one the first thing I will do is instal some very good servos I all ready have, install my radio system, get the 7075 RC knuckles, replace all the shock and diff oils, check it out very well before I ever run it. Being I have 3 spare motors might replace the motor and sell the HY motor before every putting a drop of gas in it. [X(]
Old 08-19-2011, 11:04 AM
whayden2003

IMG_0264.JPG they are here. First looks. Looks good to me going home to lock tight stuff and swap out shock oil and break in tje motors
Old 08-19-2011, 11:05 AM
46u

Sweet keep us posted.
Old 08-19-2011, 01:43 PM
RAMTech-HBF-LSF

I'm glad they arrived. As I always tell people, the forums are usually worst case scenarios for what to do next. My opinion is:

1) get a can of Plasti-Dip and spray the bodies. For $7.00 investment, they will last alot longer.
2) If you can afford it, get a throttle servo for another $30 safety investment.
3) Run it and have fun. Eventuially you will break something. Then decide if you want to stay stock or upgrade.

The worswt thing do do is start changing everything that has broken on someone elses truck. The steering servos are much better now, the motors are doing very well.

Everything else will be the luck of the draw and yoru driving style.
Old 08-19-2011, 01:52 PM
bbuzzard

ORIGINAL: RAMTech-HBF-LSF
The worst thing do do is start changing everything that has broken on someone elses truck. The steering servos are much better now, the motors are doing very well.

Everything else will be the luck of the draw and yoru driving style.
+1

Old 08-19-2011, 01:58 PM
46u

Number one insurance you can get is a remote kill switch. Not sure they will work with a stock radio. I will not run any of my large scale with out one. A out of control 20 to 30 pound RC is dangerous and a liability.
Old 08-21-2011, 08:47 AM
whayden2003

Got three tanks thru mine and four thru my brothers starting to feel the motors loosing up and man are these things fun. I had a fg leopard years ago and the four wheel drive is much easier to control. The steering servo did burn up on my brothers thou I think it might have been our fault as the radio has a d/r,endpoint feature that should be turn down from the full setting as the car runs out of steering way before the servo reaches full throw so I think we burn it up. The servo on mine has no problems as I turn the rate down as I was going over the truck before we ran them the first time and missed it on his. Both are running the rtr gas/brake servo. Both are getting torn down as I think the break in is done so we can lock tight everything and get ready for the motocross track.
Old 08-21-2011, 09:09 AM
RAMTech-HBF-LSF

We will have to add the radio end point settings to the First Run Checklist. Glad you got it running again and have fun today with them.
Old 08-21-2011, 09:24 AM
46u

Get some good throttle brake servos as they are know to burn up. I all so recommend keeping and eye on your wheel bearings. Thanks for the update and keep us posted. Get time make and post a video.
Old 08-21-2011, 10:33 AM
whayden2003

Rob, done running them today. It's freaking to HOT LOL. Thanks for the great service and the follow ups. You will be mentioned to anyone wanting to know where to go to get into the 1/5 cars. Thanks again.

46U, going to swap them when they get torn down for lock tight,diff fluid,and shock oil change. Will keep them for spares to take to the track thou as they have been fine so far.

Nothing handles like 1/5 scale cars think it's the weight. They just flat track like a late model dirt car,drifting around the corners and they seem to handle off tje jumps good to very perdicable in the air also because of all four wheels braking. Awesome trucks.
Old 08-21-2011, 10:43 AM
46u

Know what you mean about the heat. Have not run anything in over 2 months because of it. But cooler weather is right around the corner. Have you gone to the Red Cat forums yet? A lot of great information about Red Cat.

Thanks for keeping us posted and keep it coming.
Old 12-16-2011, 09:07 PM
big JC

You guys still running these trucks? How they holding up/ any more input after running them for a while?
Old 12-17-2011, 05:02 AM
bbuzzard

My XB is still running great with the stock motor and still fast as poop!!