Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

home built Phoenix 30.3/mk4 turbine

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

home built Phoenix 30.3/mk4 turbine

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2003, 07:37 PM
paulj1969

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default home built Phoenix 30.3/mk4 turbine

I've just joined RCuniverse and thought i'd start a new thread about the Phoenix 30.3/MK4 turbine engine, i was wondering how many out there have built a 30.3/MK4 or own one?
for those that don't know about the Phoenix 30.3 / MK4 it is uses a centrifugal compressor and radial inflow turbine, the 30.3 produces 20lbs but when built to MK4 specs produces 26lbs thrust.
you'll see details at my site, and Microjet Engineering's site here
http://www.microjets.co.uk
http://www.microjeteng.com

my site (microjets.co.uk) is a site dedicated to homebuilt engines and has details of the KJ66, the Phoenix Panther and the Phoenix MK4 i own (kit assembled) plus loads more details of other engines, dismantled photos of a JPX T240 and lots of great links.

so, did you build a 30.3? tell me how you got on.

Thanks

Paul
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	45568_24122.jpg
Views:	294
Size:	15.6 KB
ID:	28313  
Old 01-06-2003, 08:09 PM
Terry Holston
My Feedback: (1)

Welcome aboard Paul, I am sure I/we will check your site out.

Tell us more about yours. Phoenix, that is.
Old 01-06-2003, 09:17 PM
paulj1969

Hi Terry and all others.

heres my story so far,
built a KJ66, 14lbs thrust, sold it and bought a phoenix MK4 while building Microjet Engineering's website.
the MK4 is a great engine, a little heavy compare to the KJ66 clones around today although it's a very similar spec to the AMT pegasus engines.
i got to know Phill heward of Microjet Engineering very well and was given the Prototype Phoenix Panther which gives 14lbs thrust@127krpm, i have flown this Panther in a Mick reeves Reaper which was so good that i no longer wish to fly propped aircraft so i am now a fully flegded jet jockey.
i have a yellow aircraft F18 onloan from microjet Engineering(lucky lad aren't i) which i'll be placing either this Panther into or the Panther that i am currently building.
i was also given the prototype Condor 150lb thrust engine which uses an axial turbine, although this engine may not run as the turbine has a casting fault, Microjet Engineering tried Axial turbines but found that the castings weren't quite up to the spec so have gone with Radial turbines on the 150's, a little more info about their engines, their engines are Panther (14lb) 30.3 (20lbs but now discontinued) MK4 (26lbs) albatros (65lb and 95lb) and Condor (150lbs) the 65,95 and 150 are military spec.
this isn't a plug for Microjet Engineering but just to put you in the picture.

i'm not sure what i'll be doing with the MK4, possibly bolting it to a bicycle for some fun, then to a aircraft.
the 150 if i ever get round to sorting it out with be bolted to a gokart.
i was invited to a test run of someone with 2 Phoenix Albatros 95's bolted to a gokart, Phill Drove my car while i filmed it running down the runway, i have a 130BHP VW passat estate that it quick, with Phill redlining my car we could not keep up, this thing was FAST!
there are some movie files on my site of these things running, if not on my site checkout the links and you'll find some vids

speak soon

Paul
Old 02-10-2006, 11:45 AM
darrel.h

Default RE: home built Phoenix 30.3/mk4 turbine

i have always wanted to build one but am too tight on money to get the plans. I can always scavenge around for the parts but am too poor to get the plans. [sm=disappointed.gif]could someone help?
Old 08-23-2011, 10:38 PM
re276

Default RE: home built Phoenix 30.3/mk4 turbine

Did anyone have probelms with the engine seizing up during cool down with this engine.

And does anone have a set of plans ?