Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter General Discussions
Reload this Page >

whats the most aggressive 3D heli?

Notices
RC Helicopter General Discussions Discuss RC Helis here. Nitro, gas, turbine and any make, model or brand not having its own specific forum below!

whats the most aggressive 3D heli?

Old 08-13-2011, 11:49 AM
Callouscade
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default whats the most aggressive 3D heli?

hi everyone, i have a Raptor 30 v2 and it's pretty underpowered for what i want it to do. whats the most aggressive .50 class3D heli out there?

and then whats the most aggressive for a cheaper price? i know HK has some nitro 50 class helis, anyone know if those are wicked aggressive or good at all?
Old 08-16-2011, 04:38 PM
madmorgan
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: whats the most aggressive 3D heli?

its definitely not the eflights im thinking no 1 has replied because this is a hobby and every 1 has their own likings and demands maybe you can upgrade your current model to be very aggressive and post your findings? "it is a hobby"
Old 08-17-2011, 05:17 AM
Rafael23cc

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Are you talking nitro or electric. When you say aggresive, you can't say cheap. And by mentioning HK in your post, we all know where you really want to go. So I'm not surprised nobody else has replied to your request.

look at the TRex600 E or N. Also look at the Logo line. Most aggressive are the electrics right now but that aggressiveness only lasts about 5 minutes before the batteries start decaying. A nitro heli can deliver 90 to 95% of the electrics aggressiveness constantly for 8 to 12 minutes depending on set-up.

I believe the cheapest way for you would be to convert that Raptor to a 50, with either a 50Hyper or a 55. But I might be wrong. Of course we all know that aggressiveness also comes from good servos light paddles, good flying skills and a proper set-up. Throwing money at a bad set-up and bad skills will not make the helicopter aggressive.

Rafael
Old 08-17-2011, 06:46 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 341 Likes on 273 Posts

Of course we all know that aggressiveness also comes from good servos light paddles, good flying skills and a proper set-up. Throwing money at a bad set-up and bad skills will not make the helicopter aggressive.
What he said.

My current favorite in the 50 class is probably the JR Vibe 50 NEX but it aint cheap but the Trex's are a little lighter if you're talking nitro.
Old 08-19-2011, 02:07 PM
Callouscade

thanks. the only reason i mentioned HK is tthat the TZ-V2 90 size heli they have was used at IRCHA by a pro pilot.
Old 08-24-2011, 01:11 AM
bikemad

no no no no,
you want a trex 550 3G, paddles are so last year, why move one thing to move the blades when you can go servo blades, it has to be faster,
one thing is right and that's it's not cheap but I think the 550 3G is worth it and it's not as bad as think cos all you have to buy is your TX/RX and battery, and it's a lot cheaper than a trex 600E and lighter so it has a better power to weight,
what makes the 550 a real no brainier is it's battery's, as with all electric heli's you need battery's, I charge my battery's when I get home so I need a few. at the moment I'm running 5 but will go up to 7 soon,
that's a lot of £'s even for my 550,£410.00. that would be at lest %50 more £615 if I was to run a 600 and a 10S is more likely to have a cell fail than a 6S,
you can up grade all the parts if you want but a one make set up with all the parts you need ( expect RX) I don't think there's better,
well that's my penny's worth,
Old 08-24-2011, 09:47 AM
evan-RCU

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

The new 600 has every bit of performance as the 550. The 600EFL is totally new and different than the old 600ESP.
Old 08-24-2011, 10:30 AM
Rafael23cc

Sometimes I wonder why people are so animate on telling other people that they need to buy a SPECIFIC type of helicopter. Makes me wonder sooo many things.... Specially when the thread starter already said he was looking at ANOTHER specific type of helicopter.

ORIGINAL: Callouscade

thanks. the only reason i mentioned HK is tthat the TZ-V2 90 size heli they have was used at IRCHA by a pro pilot.
Have not flown the TZ line. Seen a Frenzy 50 fly at my field, and it looks great. One thing I noticed from the Frenzy is that it had a lot of parts that were very similar to Raptor parts and the owner and I wondered if Raptor Parts were interchangeable. Never got to try it.

Rafael
Old 08-24-2011, 11:09 AM
Callouscade

What i was thinking was get a Frenzy, a 50 class flybarless head, good 3 Axis gyro... a lot cheaper than a Trex 3G NITRO. yea i know i should just spend the money on a great thing. we'll see if i have enough when i'm ready. i'm looking more towards flybarless though. whats a good 50 class flybarless? should i get a trex or a velocity if i wanted to actually get something great for once lol.

thanks everyone!!
Old 08-25-2011, 05:49 AM
Rafael23cc

ORIGINAL: Callouscade

... whats a good 50 class flybarless? ...
I would say that TRex leads the way in the value department there. When you get a kit from them with all the goodies, it is hard to get a kit from somebody else and try to buy the components separately for the same price. Now, if you know what you want, you could go to the classifieds section here and other forums and get good used equipment at very affordable prices.

Rafael